• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom (Mega)Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is something I've never heard of myself, kratom... Is it an opiate, or is it like dxm in that it takes your mind off things?

pretty sure its not an opiate but its classified as an opioid antagonist i think. to me its a better and smoother feel than traditional opiates. It has a ceiling effects but to me the euphoria / drowsiness ratio is better, or in other words when i take an opiate now i find it to be more dull and sloppy whereas kratom is this nice clean uplifting caffeine-like buzz.

First post for me everyone but I’ve spent a lot of time lurking here at bluelight and appreciate all the valuable information. I’d like to start by saying kratom has helped me push-thru chronic back pain and stay productive, I’ve been using it for close to 5 years. I’ve tried many different methods for potentiation, the very best being soma/carisoprodol. I found combining 350mg with each dose of kratom provided the best possible synergy for both alleviating pain and increasing energy and mental focus. I know that carisoprodol is metabolized into meprobamate which (for me at least) synergizes extremely well with kratom. My question.. with soma no longer being an option for me, is there anything OTC that could take it’s place? Appreciate any input as I’ve searched but to no avail.

Why not just order them online. There unscheduled in most states. Or did that change?

To answer your question there's no over the counter muscle relaxers that you could buy at a walk in store.

Also consider seeing a Dr. maybe they can help you.

^ Ordering online is definitely the way to go if the nearby head shops aren't carrying it. Besides, I've found that online vendors often carry more affordable, higher quality stuff than you'd get at a head shop, with the added benefit of avoiding sales tax XD

I'm amazed that states would be trying to ban kratom. I understand them banning salvia and bath salts - I don't agree, by any means, but both have gotten widespread media attention, while kratom remains for the most part unknown to the general public. I can't fathom why they would bother.

I'm amazed that states would be trying to ban kratom. I understand them banning salvia and bath salts - I don't agree, by any means, but both have gotten widespread media attention, while kratom remains for the most part unknown to the general public. I can't fathom why they would bother
Because all it takes is one soccer mom complaint for Captain America to spring into action and outlaw the stuff

pretty sure its not an opiate but its classified as an opioid antagonist i think. to me its a better and smoother feel than traditional opiates. It has a ceiling effects but to me the euphoria / drowsiness ratio is better, or in other words when i take an opiate now i find it to be more dull and sloppy whereas kratom is this nice clean uplifting caffeine-like buzz.

Actually, it's major constituents are indeed opioid agonists. Mitragynine, the most abundant alkaloid present in the plant, in low doses is somehow adrenergic. We're not really certain how, yet. It is structurally related to the yohimbe alkaloids. In higher doses it is a mu-opioid full agonist, and its metabolite is a delta-opioid full agonist. 7-hydroxymitragynine, which is found in much smaller amounts, is most definitely a full mu-opioid agonist and is more potent than both mitragynine and morphine and is thought to be the major contributing factor to kratom's opioid activity. Although mitragynine itself does have mu- and delta-opioid activity, it's currently believed to be more responsible for the stimulant effects, with 7-hydroxymitragynine being mostly responsible for the opioid effects. The chemical structure of both contain some similarities to the classic natural and semi-synthetic opioids.

Great post rakaur!!! I actually have been to lazy to simply search, but I was trying to think of the name for 7-ho. A couple months ago I had a vial of like 40mg pure 7-ho, and mg for mg it seem even more than 2x as strong as oxycodone when taken orally. A little more speedy (read: than oxy), but really not much difference at all. amazing stuff that kratom alkaloid. 5mg 7-ho was like 15 or 20mg oxy, although I remember thinking 20mg 7-ho was more like 40mg oxy. of course this is all subjective though. the main point you should take home is that 7-ho and oxycodone have much more in common effects wise than not.

there are undoubtedly some vendors that still sell strains of kratom that supposedly have a higher 7-ho content, as I have also tried this (also superb).

Last edited by a moderator:
Great post rakaur!!! I actually have been to lazy to simply search, but I was trying to think of the name for 7-ho. A couple months ago I had a vial of like 40mg pure 7-ho, and mg for mg it was almost exactly like oxycodone when taken orally. A little more speedy, but really not much difference at all. amazing stuff that kratom alkaloids.

Ooohh, that sounds good. I wants me some of that.

For Opanaking
Why not just order them online. There unscheduled in most states. Or did that change?
My state (CA) scheduled them in January 2012 which was a bummer

To answer your question there's no over the counter muscle relaxers that you could buy at a walk in store.
Thanks for the insight, I figured as much but wanted to check with you folks here

Also consider seeing a Dr. maybe they can help you.
I plan on doing this in 3 months when my insurance kicks in

California scheduled Kratom?
I was just going to ask if kratom would even work with someone with a tolerance of like 20mg opana plus OC and morphine. I was guessing no, but now it's illegal in my state apparantly.

oh well.

Great info, but who thinks its better to take kratom in smaller doses throughout the day, or to take 2 maybe 3 large doses (equivalent to the weight of the smaller doses).

tricomb - kratom is still legal in CA, I was talking about Soma in the comment(s) above, Soma/Carisoprodol was recently scheduled.

Sorry for the confusion, I'm new to posting and need to work on it.

Best way I've found to take Kratom is to mix the powder with applesauce. Works perfect just swallow quick and you'll never taste it.

i find the idea of kratom very appealing i worry with my high tolerance to opiates it wouldnt do anything to me though, im on 95ml of methadone daily, sometimes with 2-3 bags of heroin on top. im pretty sure that kratom wouldnt affect me at all im just looking for some confirmation on the thought?

In my opinion if you're over around 70mg of methadone, the blockade effect of it won't let something as weak as kratom work.

When I was taking anywhere between 60-120 mg of oxy a day, kratom did jack shit - the stuff is way too weak to work when you're doing a lot of opiates.

Best way I've found to take Kratom is to mix the powder with applesauce. Works perfect just swallow quick and you'll never taste it.

I've never had an issue swallowing kratom powder by chasing it with some water - but I also have a very weak sense of bitterness, so the stuff doesn't taste that bad to me (I thought it was just in my head until we did an experiment in bio lab to test which of us had the gene to taste a certain substance as extremely bitter - the experiment was completely null for me because I couldn't taste the control for bitterness, it just tasted like paper...)

I've withdrawaled from opiates cold turkey and using suboxone, but never have kratom to ease my withdrawals. Cold turkey is no way to go, very painful both mentally and physically, I would make it about 2 days into dope withdrawals and then take that drive to get a bundle, brick, or whatever. Using suboxone is something I would highly recommend. I got 3 8mg pills and broke them into thirds taking 1 of those thirds three times a day. For me it staved off withdrawals almost completely with a slight tinge of depression still noticable and at the end of the three days I would just stop taking the suboxone and be completely withdrawal free.

Status
Not open for further replies.