• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom (Mega)Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got an oz. (28g) of Red Vein Sumatra Kratom powder. Any tried that or know a good dosage to start. I am currently on 2-3mg of suboxone a day too. Should I skip my morning dosing that day, then dose the kratom in gelcaps?

Thanks ~Janja

I got an oz. (28g) of Red Vein Sumatra Kratom powder. Any tried that or know a good dosage to start. I am currently on 2-3mg of suboxone a day too. Should I skip my morning dosing that day, then dose the kratom in gelcaps?

Thanks ~Janja
Yup, good plan. You might not even feel the need for subs after you try kratom

I suggest 4-6, but never going over 6. Going much over 6, IME, can cause tummy trouble and up your tolerance without an equitable increase in desired effects.

6 at once or in a single dose, or what? Sometimes i found especially cumulative ingestion beyond 6g, like 2g, an hour later 2-3g more and so on, over the course of a day much better than ingesting kratom in one single dose, and i don't think you should say don't ever exceed 6g. I see no reason in why not to do that?!

Well for me, even though I have minimal opiate tolerance, it takes at least 7gs of quality bali powder to get me the desired buzz. And i am not one of the (somewhat misguided) people who try to use kratom to replace a strong opiate/oid high from say OC's or opana. Redosing with 2-4 grams one time later in the day seems to be most effective for me, but as always, each person must figure the way specific drugs affect them.

Has anybody heard of first time users with no opiate tolerance requiring as much as 25g for reasonable effects?
For some reason i need at least 25g leaf and 40g tea to get a decent buzz. Tried different trusted sources as well.
Something is not right I just dont know what it is.

Thats way too much, your right something is wrong. Maybe your naturally resistant to it.

Last edited:
You know you arent supposed to do that why would you make a post on a thread about it lmao dumb move dude edit that post and delete it i recommend or youll probably get banned

silentcowboy, what hijinks are you up to now?

Anyway, eating 25g with no tolerance and feeling nothing means you may as well have eaten a fiber supplement, only too much of it. If you're getting good kratom from a trusted source then SC's edited post may be right.

New question: Do any of you mix strains in the same dose, or do you find it better to keep them well apart?

I ate 3g of bali to "top off" a decent maeng da buzz, and poosh! I felt like crap for a few hours.

I've experimented taking the maeng da not too far away from my generically labeled "kratom" from a different vendor, and that's been ok.

Just wondering what others' experiences have been in this regard....

thanks ahead of time kratom connoisseurs!

pnm

I was on the border of sourcing so I took the advice and chaged it up :p

I havent experienced any problems myself from mixing 2 strains, but people are different. Has anybody else noticed that sometimes you get a really nice strong buzz and sometimes not nearly as much? The only variable that I can think of is the food in my stomach. I find if i take my kratom (in parachute) and eat about 5-10 later it increases the likelihood of it being an effective dose. In other words Id like my kratom buzz's to be less "hit and miss." Any thoughts?

Hello all, 2 days into a kratom c/t. I started out using kratom because I needed to get off Codeine and ODT. That worked fine, untill of course I realised all I was doing was substituting one pathology for another.To be fair kratom w/d isn't that bad but it's making me restless and sweaty with aching legs. The temptation to pop down my local pharmacy and CWE a pack of Paramol is pretty overwhelming. P'rhaps I'll just get drunk, pop a couple of benzos and wait to see how tomorrow feels.....

^Hang in there man!

The 2nd and 3rd day are always the hardest...just get through those and you'll be good.

Pick up some loperamide and some benzos (if you can).

Good luck <3

I was on the border of sourcing so I took the advice and chaged it up :p

I havent experienced any problems myself from mixing 2 strains, but people are different. Has anybody else noticed that sometimes you get a really nice strong buzz and sometimes not nearly as much? The only variable that I can think of is the food in my stomach. I find if i take my kratom (in parachute) and eat about 5-10 later it increases the likelihood of it being an effective dose. In other words Id like my kratom buzz's to be less "hit and miss." Any thoughts?

Well, stick with what works. I also find that eating a little while after dosing works well. My theory is that the kratom gets in the belly, and then when you introduce food your body says to itself, "nutrients incoming! absorb, absorb!" and the kratom goes along with it faster. I also find that having a big glass of water with my kratom helps. Water, esp on an empty stomach, absorbs fast and makes itself available to every cell in the body PDQ. Certainly, don't take kratom on a full stomach. If you eat before your kratom dose, you're much better off waiting an hour before you take the kratom.

Hello all, 2 days into a kratom c/t. I started out using kratom because I needed to get off Codeine and ODT. That worked fine, untill of course I realised all I was doing was substituting one pathology for another.To be fair kratom w/d isn't that bad but it's making me restless and sweaty with aching legs. The temptation to pop down my local pharmacy and CWE a pack of Paramol is pretty overwhelming. P'rhaps I'll just get drunk, pop a couple of benzos and wait to see how tomorrow feels.....

WHy not taper the kratom? If you got the willpower, just use it when the WDs are the worst, and then only enough to tame them a bit.

On the other hand, you're more than halfway through the worst of it if you're on your second day. Just be careful with alcohol, you could trade that one in for the kratom too, and booze are far worse than kratom IMO.

Hang on dude, once it starts to get just a little better, it'll get better by leaps and bounds, day by day, sometimes little leaps, sometimes big ones. Also, careful with the hangover. Hangovers always make me wanna dose my kratom baaaaad.

Best to you mate!
pnm

Nice, I think your theory is correct. When my stomach is too empty and i take a dose it will stop any aches and stuff but i dont get buzzed very much. Maybe the body doesnt see it as much of a nutrient and lets it go on through to the intestines (this is without food) but still absorbs a little in the stomach but mostly in the intestines, im not experienced in that area at all, just speculating lol.
Well, stick with what works. I also find that eating a little while after dosing works well. My theory is that the kratom gets in the belly, and then when you introduce food your body says to itself, "nutrients incoming! absorb, absorb!" and the kratom goes along with it faster. I also find that having a big glass of water with my kratom helps. Water, esp on an empty stomach, absorbs fast and makes itself available to every cell in the body PDQ. Certainly, don't take kratom on a full stomach. If you eat before your kratom dose, you're much better off waiting an hour before you take the kratom.

Ah. thanks Podsnomo, I think it's gonna be ok. Let's face it, no opiate/oid withdrawal is fun. But this community is a help. Thank you everybody.

For those who find a decrease in libido with kratom use, I take tribulus extract twice daily to counteract that. Make sure your tribulus is 40% saponins (it'll say that on the bottle)

Status
Not open for further replies.