• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom (Mega)Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
*snip*

I think 1 or 2 States made it illegal (Indiana for sure). Massachusetts almost made it illegal but refrained because they said kratom had medicinal value.

In Canada its still perfectly legal

Just the alkaloids are illegal in Indiana, not the plant itself, I don't know if that makes extracts illegal or not. It was a bill to stop research chemicals which kratom is obviously not.
Alot of the vendors still ship to Indiana so I guess its not completely banned as long as the plant itself isn't specifically banned, its like mescaline being illegal but you still can buy the cactuses that contain it with no problem.

Borneo red vein is my favorite strain, the others are not as sedating and more stimulating.

Powdered bali is the only strain ive had that i knew that strain of i think its pretty good, 2 teaspoons back when i didnt have a tolerance did me real good

Also had capsules called captain kratom though who knows what kind was in that it didnt say

That's what I get from my mini mart, but now they changed the package so it says Thai Kratom.... Effing expensive compared to online. Currently awaiting a delivery of some kratom from an online vendor, like half the price of the mini mart shit.

Just the alkaloids are illegal in Indiana, not the plant itself, I don't know if that makes extracts illegal or not. It was a bill to stop research chemicals which kratom is obviously not.
Alot of the vendors still ship to Indiana so I guess its not completely banned as long as the plant itself isn't specifically banned, its like mescaline being illegal but you still can buy the cactuses that contain it with no problem.

Borneo red vein is my favorite strain, the others are not as sedating and more stimulating
Thanks for clearing that up.

Thats good news, actually. I hope they never ban this plant

no no dont get me wrong i still am very impressed by it ,i just had unrealistic expectations ,for some reason it makes me think clearer ,and gives me a "drive" i cant explain ,although the come up caused anxiety ,when the speed feeling went away i felt like i could manage my everyday anxiety alot better,i feel ..well i dunno normal? ...like my priorities are inline so to speak but the "hangover" brought back bad memories of alcohol hangover....this time im leaving other opiates alone ...

the first time was great ,if i ever try a high dose again ill be sure to have a small dose of a benzo around

Man. You definitely should just keep to a lower dose next time instead of assuming you need a high dose. If I read your post right, you did the entire 10g and some from an Ounce you had?
I'm not surprised you had such speedy effects, a lot of time that is what you get when you take too much. Some people refer to it as the wobblies.

A lot of people swear by the same dose( 4-6g for many months with no severe spike in tolerance).

So to that person talking about it having extreme tolerance, it does have some but its definitely dose-able.
Also its a fine line when you grow a tolerance between not enough, the right amount, and too much. Dosing slower, and experimenting is a good way to figure it out.
Finally, to fix tolerance issues rotate strains like a cannabis smoker may do.

I`ve found a very good mix combining Kratom and Kanna,i usually take 15g of Kratom with 50mg Kanna insufflated,this gives a really good amount of euphoria followed with a good amount of sedation.

I used to be a Heroin addict many years ago and find that if i get the cravings that are too strong then i binge on Kratom,i never used Kratom for coming off of Heroin,that i did by tapering with Methadone then finally Dihydrocodiene,but i use Kratom as a way of indulging without it being as bad physically or mentally as true opiates.

I`ve found a very good mix combining Kratom and Kanna,i usually take 15g of Kratom with 50mg Kanna insufflated,this gives a really good amount of euphoria followed with a good amount of sedation.

I used to be a Heroin addict many years ago and find that if i get the cravings that are too strong then i binge on Kratom,i never used Kratom for coming off of Heroin,that i did by tapering with Methadone then finally Dihydrocodiene,but i use Kratom as a way of indulging without it being as bad physically or mentally as true opiates.

Hmmmm sounds interesting. How do you go about insufflating kanna? Mine is liquid. I'll go do some sublingual now as I just took my kratom dose.

Thanks for the idea...

pnm

i tried kratom again prob like 8 g ,i took 4mg k-pin before dosing and i really liked it ,,man i was so confident and relaxed it wasnt funny,and i actuall had little nods here and there,nodded out in bed with mint chew in my lip ,man was my liip sore whn i came to

CAT WAIT to try agin same dose,if anything changes it would be the bezo dose ,this has me excited,but last time i got excited i got let down the second time

It's unbelievable how much THC and Kratom potentiate each other <3

Funny, I hardly feel a difference in individual potency when I take them together. Different people i suppose :?
You should know that if you smoke a spliff / have nicotine with kratom have a nice place to lie down. The first time I combined the nicotine and kratom I didn't feel any weird synergy but the second or third time I started feeling light headed to the point where I was not too far from blacking out. I also started hallucinating abstract grey patterns over my vision and felt really nauseous. This happened while walking, when I sat down and got some water I felt like I could handle it. Just so you know!

i tried kratom again prob like 8 g ,i took 4mg k-pin before dosing and i really liked it ,,man i was so confident and relaxed it wasnt funny,and i actuall had little nods here and there,nodded out in bed with mint chew in my lip ,man was my liip sore whn i came to

CAT WAIT to try agin same dose,if anything changes it would be the bezo dose ,this has me excited,but last time i got excited i got let down the second time

Dude, the nod was from the 4 mg of k-pin. Do you have a strong tolerance to benzos? That's a hefty dose in my book. I've talked to you in some of the other threads I think. Man, if you chase the same buzz you'll never stop chasing. You'll just wind up on the shit train runnin down the fuck-me hill to nowhere good. Find something that makes you feel pretty damn good, and try to keep it moderate or you might not be around long enough to enjoy all the drugs you seem to want to enjoy. So, look for the good buzz, not the super-spectacular-holy-shit-everything-is-awesome buzz. Those buzzes usually happen the first time you try something. Like H for example. Once people get a good high on H, many of them spend the rest of their lives chasing that high and never get, or at least never get the same satisfaction from it.

Peace man, stay safe,
pnm

no this wasnt a hefty dose for me ,less than a month ago i was eating 6-7mg with 80-100mg of oxy and barely noding ,like 6 months ago i got up to 9 2mg bars at a time ,so i thing 4mg isnt what u call a huge dose in my book

point is i felt amazing off the combo but im out again prob wont have any till next wed.

dont worry guy im new to kratom,but not benzos

With regards to panic attacks, I have definitely gotten anxiety from large doses of kratom and i have anxiety issues, so i can see certain people getting panic attacks from it.
I recently started Kratom and love it, even though never done opiates before. With regards to tolerance I find that dosing every second day doesnt seem to cause a drop in effects, be daily dosing definitely cases problems.

Has anybody noticed the incredible motivational aspects of Kratom. I always get a intense desire to work or do something constructive and greatly enjoy doing so at the same time. Im wondering if this is a typical opiate effect?

Hell i keep editing this post as i keep remembering new reasons why Kratom is awesome.

I now use it on weekend nights specifically as its amazing in killing any desire to drink or do stimulants (one of my addictions).
I have used it to effectively cure my alcohol and stim issues so far.

Tip for Tea: Make it as cold as possible, with ice blocks, gets it down way easier.

Last edited:
@Noodle: I'm using a vaporizer.

And yes, kratom is well known to increase productivity and motivation; depends mostly on the dose taken.

I have tried to use kratom to help with Opana withdrawals, but without much luck. No matter how much kratom I take, it doesn't even put a dent in the severe body pain and the RLS. I was wondering if anyone else has had the same experience?

I have tried to use kratom to help with Opana withdrawals, but without much luck. No matter how much kratom I take, it doesn't even put a dent in the severe body pain and the RLS. I was wondering if anyone else has had the same experience?

How serious was your opana habit? That is, for all opiates: how much have you been taking and for how long. Opana, I've heard, is one serious customer when it comes to opiates. For habits that have been as high dosages or gone on for really long times, or both, kratom often does little for.

If this is the case, and you want kratom to give you some relief, you may need to go with an extract or tincture. You might for now try to potentiate the kratom by taking 2-3 doses of loperamide and a single or double (normal therapeutic) dose of dxm about 30-60 minutes before your kratom dose.

I have not had that experience, not with kratom, but I actually didn't start the kratom while my insomnia and RLS were the worst. Let me know if I can be of further help.

peace,
pnm

Does anybody know how long it will take powder to start degrading in potency when kept sealed in a cool place.

Does anybody know how long it will take powder to start degrading in potency when kept sealed in a cool place.

I did your googling for you. :)

From what I can find, there's never been any rigorous, scientific work done to test this out. Anecdotal evidence abounds that it does lose potency over time. It shouldn't degrade though, i.e., turn to mush or anything unless it was wet or something. Treat it like dried food you don't want to go bad. Seal it well and keep it in a dark, cool place.

From what I read, the consensus is that as long as you limit air exposure by keeping it sealed tight in ziploc, or even in vacuum sealed bags for longer storage, you shouldn't worry too much about it losing potency or degrading.

I have a bag of green malay that I had for like a year stored in a ziploc bag and it didn't seem to lose any potency, if it did it was very slightly and not noticeably.

OK all you kratom connoisseurs:

I want to know some stuff, sort of an informal poll. I'm taking about 15g a day of kratom (didn't say what variety on the label).

Things I wanna know include:
How much do you use?
How often?
Do you have a pattern that works better for taking less?
Do you go through the off-time, feeling not so good between doses?
Did you come to kratom on its own, or coming off another habit?
How long have you been using it?
How has your tolerance progressed, if at all?

I wanna get a general idea on how it is for other people, and maybe some insights that will help towards my taper and eventual quit.

Thanks, and peace,
pnm

Status
Not open for further replies.