• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom (Mega)Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
just to note ,after like 4-5 hours i felt as if i was at the very late stages of a alcohol hangover ,just a lil shaky and anxious

^ i get that sometimes from overstimulating strains like white sumatra and sometimes maeng da. maybe try something more in the middle or completely in the sedative side like red borneo.

Does anyone have any recommendations for potentiating with Cayenne, Ginger, and Turmeric? I have heard that these can do wonders, but can't seem to find any info on the web. I've seen Cajun Kratom all over the web, but no mention of the ratio of the mixture. Looking for ratio of spices to powdered kratom.

Cheers

I've noticed an interesting side effect of kratom lately, which is a dark "flash" in the center of my vision, for only a second or two. Almost like a depolarization, electrical kind of dark blotch. Has anyone else experienced this?

it was just labeled bali 10g sample

So it's not an extract. You could take the whole bag at once or get two pretty decent 5g doses. That's a sedating strain so you can take it close to bed time and still prolly sleep OK.

I've noticed an interesting side effect of kratom lately, which is a dark "flash" in the center of my vision, for only a second or two. Almost like a depolarization, electrical kind of dark blotch. Has anyone else experienced this?

Not exactly. I get some weird little things here and there though, especially if I use 3-4 times/day since I'm used to just twice. Sometimes I get I pain in my ribs that last for about 1 or 2 minutes and just disappears, usually about 15-20 minutes after a dose. That kratom is an odd animal.

Does anyone have any recommendations for potentiating with Cayenne, Ginger, and Turmeric? I have heard that these can do wonders, but can't seem to find any info on the web. I've seen Cajun Kratom all over the web, but no mention of the ratio of the mixture. Looking for ratio of spices to powdered kratom.

Cheers

There's a lot out there about potentiating kratom. Most agree a normal 30mg dose of DXM helps, but I've had mixed results. The stuff out there is largely unsubstantiated. There almost no studies on kratom, and esp not with regards to potentiation. Unless I'm ignorant here, and in that case someone will likely link to those studies.

For now, here's some discussion of what some people have tried here: http://herbs.maxforum.org/2011/09/13/ultimate-kratom-potentiation-thread/

ok so i ate the 10g bag and had a teaspoon full out of an ounce ,and it was speedy as hell for like an hour actually got aanxiety attack

ok so i ate the 10g bag and had a teaspoon full out of an ounce ,and it was speedy as hell for like an hour actually got aanxiety attack
You ate the entire 10G bag??

If so thats way too much. You only need 3 to 5 grams. Start with 3 grams first.

Anxiety attacks are somewhat normal btw. Thats just your body getting used to its first dose

second dose,after the speedyness went away wich was pretty intense and didnt make me wanna do stuff like the first dose of 6-8g did ,i felt amazing on that...first time

after stimulant affects went away i didnt feel much at all and i caved and and did some methadone 30mg and was just disapointed this time even with the methadone

what gives here i though kratom would compliment opiates,man was i let down dont think ill try and go for high doses anymore

and today i feel like i got drunk last night,feels like im on the verge of a panic attack

second dose,after the speedyness went away wich was pretty intense and didnt make me wanna do stuff like the first dose of 6-8g did ,i felt amazing on that...first time

after stimulant affects went away i didnt feel much at all and i caved and and did some methadone 30mg and was just disapointed this time even with the methadone

what gives here i though kratom would compliment opiates,man was i let down dont think ill try and go for high doses anymore

and today i feel like i got drunk last night,feels like im on the verge of a panic attack

Man HC I'm sorry. With your olerance, and because it wasn't and extract, and b/c it was bali which is supposed to be sedating, I told you you'd prolly be OK eating the 10g. Maybe it was strong? I've eaten that much and been fine, but usually eat 3-5g.

And as far as taking them together... they don't really help each other; kratom and opiates. Opiate+opiate=higher. But opiate+kratom=less than either by itself, IME.

If the kratom is giving you that much edginess and panic maybe you have an allergy to something in it or just don't react well to it. Maybe you're super sensitive. If you try it any more, try it by itself, no methadone or nothin else. And try just 1-2g. Might be a good idea to avoid if it's making you feel bad.

Damn, I'm really sorry man. I didn't think 10g to be too much for bali powder.

humbly,
pnm

Just got some Red Horn today and this will be my first time trying kratom. I plan on doing 3 grams with some herb when I wake up Sunday. One of the things I'm worried about is getting a panic attack, if this happens is taking a benzo with kratom safe? I have alprazolam, lorazepam and temazepam on hand.

Just got some Red Horn today and this will be my first time trying kratom. I plan on doing 3 grams with some herb when I wake up Sunday. One of the things I'm worried about is getting a panic attack, if this happens is taking a benzo with kratom safe? I have alprazolam, lorazepam and temazepam on hand.

Hmm never heard of red horn before thats a new strain to my knowledge

I dont think you will have a panic attack though lol ive had a couple unenjoyable kratom experiences it definately has a learning curve but i definately would never say its come close to a "panic attack" though

The first time I ever heard of an anxiety attack from kratom was hydro chronic's report here. Though I will say, I took too much kratom once and felt like shit for a good while. I probably took like 20g though. Dumb mistake.

This is just my personal experience: I take meds for anxiety, used to take alprazolam and just switched to klonipin. I've been fine taking both. I'm getting kratom from a mini mart though, so I don't know how strong my kratom is. If your kratom is a more sedative variety you might get sleepy. Byt as far as I know they don't act in the same ways, so if you get to feeling hinky on the kratom, take the benzo.. ONE.. or whatever your normal dose is. And don't take this as the gospel. Do some googling to be sure. If you have no benzo tolerance and never tried kratom before you could get yourself a little more messed up than you want to be, and THAT, even if not dangerous, could set you a panicking.

Just be moderate with what you do, esp the first time. And if you want a better buzz, take it SLOW. Esp with the longer acting benzos. Take the kratom on an empty stomach and if it isn't doing what you want in an hour or two, take half of what you took. Just my advice. Read more from more reputable sources before venturing on.

pnm

Hmm never heard of red horn before thats a new strain to my knowledge

I dont think you will have a panic attack though lol ive had a couple unenjoyable kratom experiences it definately has a learning curve but i definately would never say its come close to a "panic attack" though

Give it a quick google search and you can find info on it.

The first time I ever heard of an anxiety attack from kratom was hydro chronic's report here. Though I will say, I took too much kratom once and felt like shit for a good while. I probably took like 20g though. Dumb mistake.

This is just my personal experience: I take meds for anxiety, used to take alprazolam and just switched to klonipin. I've been fine taking both. I'm getting kratom from a mini mart though, so I don't know how strong my kratom is. If your kratom is a more sedative variety you might get sleepy. Byt as far as I know they don't act in the same ways, so if you get to feeling hinky on the kratom, take the benzo.. ONE.. or whatever your normal dose is. And don't take this as the gospel. Do some googling to be sure. If you have no benzo tolerance and never tried kratom before you could get yourself a little more messed up than you want to be, and THAT, even if not dangerous, could set you a panicking.

Just be moderate with what you do, esp the first time. And if you want a better buzz, take it SLOW. Esp with the longer acting benzos. Take the kratom on an empty stomach and if it isn't doing what you want in an hour or two, take half of what you took. Just my advice. Read more from more reputable sources before venturing on.

pnm

I've read online about others getting "freak outs" from kratom. I occasionally get panic attacks anyways and I guess what might set it off is how it will react with my current antidepressant. I searched my ass off trying to find out and didn't really get anything from it, I even made a thread on here that got no replies. Another site said they didn't think it would be a problem so I'm hoping their right.

My kratom is from a reputable online vendor. I just plan on using weed for a better buzz since that's all I use when I take oxy/hydro. My normal benzo dose is 30mg temazepam sometimes adding .5mg alprazolam or .5-1mg alprazolam, I do this 1-2 days a week. This amount will have me feeling good without blacking out. Thanks

I didnt get a fullblown panic attack when I first tried the speedy Maeng Da, but it did knock me on my ass for a bit and made me nervous.

I can see if you're susceptible panic attacks you might wanna go with Bali first to get your body used to kratom

no no dont get me wrong i still am very impressed by it ,i just had unrealistic expectations ,for some reason it makes me think clearer ,and gives me a "drive" i cant explain ,although the come up caused anxiety ,when the speed feeling went away i felt like i could manage my everyday anxiety alot better,i feel ..well i dunno normal? ...like my priorities are inline so to speak but the "hangover" brought back bad memories of alcohol hangover....this time im leaving other opiates alone ...

the first time was great ,if i ever try a high dose again ill be sure to have a small dose of a benzo around

I didnt get a fullblown panic attack when I first tried the speedy Maeng Da, but it did knock me on my ass for a bit and made me nervous.

I can see if you're susceptible panic attacks you might wanna go with Bali first to get your body used to kratom

Powdered bali is the only strain ive had that i knew that strain of i think its pretty good, 2 teaspoons back when i didnt have a tolerance did me real good

Also had capsules called captain kratom though who knows what kind was in that it didnt say

Status
Not open for further replies.