• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom (Mega)Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would guess "dark" sumatra means red sumatra, which i have tried before and found it very relaxing and sedative. i agree that maeng da and green malay are great strains and both of them stimulating.

Green Malay gives relaxed energy, somewhere between Bali and Sumatra in terms of effects, but it has quite a unique effect. It has a slower comeup than most strains, similar to Bali in that it starts kicking in at around 45 minutes, but it has an even longer duration than Bali, 7-8 hours is regular with this strain. GM is slightly more potent than other strains, so try 4g first if you use 5-6g Bali.

Yeah yeah, there are no technically "strains" in Kratom, only "varieties," but whatever, I call them the same.

Thanks for clearing up the haze of uncertainty once more guys. My products are all "ultra premium" aka premium grade. Will be checking into Erowid shortly. What really eased my tensions earlier was 5g of premium dark/red sumatran powder TnW style. As predicted, this variety is in fact predominantly sedative. Just slightly more stimulating than Bali at equal dosages. Really nice stuff. Starts off quite energetic (enough to clear a hangover with ease), and past the peak gradually shifts to a calmer hue.

ok so the curiousity got to me ,i was pretty skeptical about kratom, i got a 10g sample of bali ,since its supposed to be more sedative

i downed 3/4 of bag ,and just simply forgot about it honestly ,maybe it was the skepticism i dunno ,but about 30min later i felt warmth throughout my body ,like the come up on oxy,then i got the feeling of damn i wanna do somthing so i started cleaning,i put up shelves that i had been putting off ,and i was totally focused on the project instead of having the feeling of "damn i wish i can be done with this" ,everytime i would sit down my eyes would unfocus if i didnt concentrate ...opiate craving were gone, also i had a sense of euphoria that i used to get from hydrocodone,wich for me was my choice over oxy .but oxy use became inevitable from tolerance,just for reference ive done codeine hydro oxy ,heroin ,methadone,bupe fentanyl ,i spent a good while abusing EACH on there own..

now ive been clean for a few months coming off a bad IV methadone habbit(it was a simple choice seeing hoit was so easy to get at the time) ,for a good fucking while it was 50-100mg a day wich didnt do much if nothing but make me well, and a weird rush that i had grown to look forward to (sad ....) anyway it(kratom) really suprised me ...seemed to make me want to just do things ,instead of "ehhh not right now" type of thing i usually have ,had some really weird dreams ,one where i had a doctor appointment that i didnt know about and thought it was like a checkup and ended up finding out he wanted to amputate my leg at the hip because of a tumor!!?? woke up pretty scared

im getting more to say the least i just hope i get the same affects ,now alot of u might not agree with this but i want to up the dose ,why ? because i know i will/would give in eventually to opiates ,and now that my tolerance is low and im not physically addicted im happy ,but not happy, because i dont have my DOC to come home to ,im hoping kratom changes this i mean it made me really happy that i got the feeling i did ,all i thought about was "NO MORE ILLEGAL ACTIVITY,OR NEEDLES ,OR SNORTING" AND I WAS REALLY GETTY(sp)

hell it even made my g/f want to try it ,AND SHE DONT DO OPIATES,hell she has barely smoked weed,took xanax 3 times so it shocked me

is it possible to nod from this i mean i felt sedated pretty well when i sat down but stimulated when standing ,if 7-9 g's did this to me what could i expect from 12-15g

i can only order small amouts at a time so every day use is out of the question,wich is good but hell i still felt some affects the next day,but..the day i took it i did get some "come down affects" that werent pleasant like anxiety,and nervousness

im rambling ,to say the least this COULD be my new DOC if all gos well ,im staying positive but somthing this good doesnt always fully satisfy in the end when it comes to beating opiate cravings,hope i worded that right

Last edited:
So I have a few questions. I tried Kratom for the first time today. I bought a 3gram bag from a local head shop. The brand was "*snip - no brand name discussion that specific". It was a fine powder. Mixed it with some oj and downed it. Took about an hour to fully feel it, but it did feel quite good. I noticed that it dosent have the same sedation that my oxy's always gave me. I actualy can't sleep right now. I don't realy know anything about strains or things like that. Is there a difference between the dried leaf and my fine powder that I used? What would
Be a good type for more sedation? Any particular strain or powder I should be looking for?

Last edited by a moderator:
^any strain NOT FROM A HEADSHOP! Up above we were just talking about super green malaysian kratom-that's a good strain an there is plenty more. I'm suprised you felt anything at all from that 3 gram head shop bullsheit.

ok so the curiousity got to me ,i was pretty skeptical about kratom, i got a 10g sample of bali ,since its supposed to be more sedative

i downed 3/4 of bag ,and just simply forgot about it honestly ,maybe it was the skepticism i dunno ,but about 30min later i felt warmth throughout my body ,like the come up on oxy,then i got the feeling of damn i wanna do somthing so i started cleaning,i put up shelves that i had been putting off ,and i was totally focused on the project instead of having the feeling of "damn i wish i can be done with this" ,everytime i would sit down my eyes would unfocus if i didnt concentrate ...opiate craving were gone, also i had a sense of euphoria that i used to get from hydrocodone,wich for me was my choice over oxy .but oxy use became inevitable from tolerance,just for reference ive done codeine hydro oxy ,heroin ,methadone,bupe fentanyl ,i spent a good while abusing EACH on there own..

now ive been clean for a few months coming off a bad IV methadone habbit(it was a simple choice seeing hoit was so easy to get at the time) ,for a good fucking while it was 50-100mg a day wich didnt do much if nothing but make me well, and a weird rush that i had grown to look forward to (sad ....) anyway it(kratom) really suprised me ...seemed to make me want to just do things ,instead of "ehhh not right now" type of thing i usually have ,had some really weird dreams ,one where i had a doctor appointment that i didnt know about and thought it was like a checkup and ended up finding out he wanted to amputate my leg at the hip because of a tumor!!?? woke up pretty scared

im getting more to say the least i just hope i get the same affects ,now alot of u might not agree with this but i want to up the dose ,why ? because i know i will/would give in eventually to opiates ,and now that my tolerance is low and im not physically addicted im happy ,but not happy, because i dont have my DOC to come home to ,im hoping kratom changes this i mean it made me really happy that i got the feeling i did ,all i thought about was "NO MORE ILLEGAL ACTIVITY,OR NEEDLES ,OR SNORTING" AND I WAS REALLY GETTY(sp)

hell it even made my g/f want to try it ,AND SHE DONT DO OPIATES,hell she has barely smoked weed,took xanax 3 times so it shocked me

is it possible to nod from this i mean i felt sedated pretty well when i sat down but stimulated when standing ,if 7-9 g's did this to me what could i expect from 12-15g

i can only order small amouts at a time so every day use is out of the question,wich is good but hell i still felt some affects the next day,but..the day i took it i did get some "come down affects" that werent pleasant like anxiety,and nervousness

im rambling ,to say the least this COULD be my new DOC if all gos well ,im staying positive but somthing this good doesnt always fully satisfy in the end when it comes to beating opiate cravings,hope i worded that right

It's pretty common to have an excellent experience your first time trying kratom, but after your history esp, turning into your DOC might not be feasible in the long run. Problem for me was, and others said this too elsewhere, that tolerance goes up mad-fast. Happened to me, so I was like, "fuck it, I'll take 4 times what I was taking". Big mistake. I got dizzy, headache, and then sick, really bad stomach ache, and then sour-stomach and puking at the same time. It was awful. And I didn't get that buzz either before or after the bad spell, and then it was a long time before I took it again, and I had another good experience.

So, seems to me, tolerance goes up fast but comes down fast. I'm just using it to taper after finishing a taper from a heavy pod habit. If you wanna make it your DOC then I'd recommend using the smallest dose you can. Sort of try to make a compromise between how high/good you'd like to feel, and your long term ability to continue to do so. That's just my advice.

If you're just going to take it here and there, couple times a week maybe, then you should be set for a good buzz each time.

As a question to others: the stuff I get says it's Thai. I keep hearing about Bali, etc. What's a good strain that is nice and economical, i.e., most buzz for the buck? I know you can't source here, but I'd just like to know if there's a variety that runs a little cheaper but still works well. Thanks in advance.

Peace,
pnm

so I just orderd 100gram of each of these from an online vendor. Super Borneo Red Vein (B), Original Bali (Batch D), Green Kalimantan. Just wondering if anyone has experience with any of these, good or bad?

Kick the kratom habit in 3 days

I just kicked a 6-month kratom habit in 3 days relatively effortless. Here's how I did it:

First of all if you're taking extracts, switch to plain leaf powder for a week or so. Then try to taper that off to 5 to 10 gram use daily.

I took my last kratom batch friday afternoon around 3PM. WD's started later that night (albeit lightly).
Here's what you need to keep on hand:

1. Some kratom leaf powder (plus gelatin capsules)
2. Phenibut
3. GABA
4. Melatonin
5. Doxylamine succinate (OTC sleep med)
6. Mineral oil for constipation

Day 1 Friday: I took 8 mg loperamide, plus mineral oil for constipation, plus 1 gram of phenibut, plus 500 mg GABA, plus 25 mg Doxylamine, plus 5mg melatonin, plus 3 OO gelatin capules of powder kratom before going to bed.
I woke up twice during the night at which point I took another 25 mg Doxylamine, plus another 5mg melatonin each time. This will differ for other people, some of you might not wake up at night. My sleep was good

Day 2 Saturday: Woke up feeling very much out of it. Groggy, headfog, fatique. But these WD's seem doable IMO. I took another 8 mg loperamide, some mineral oil for constipation, plus 1 gram of phenibut, plus 500 mg GABA. Huge appetite in morning, ate like a pig. Took another nap around 2PM, feeling much better around 4PM when I woke up from nap. Mostly I sit around the house watching TV.

Day 3 Sunday: Feeling almost baseline, still some headfog, fatigue. Not 100% normal but pretty close. Mostly still sit around the house watching TV

Day 4 Monday: Completely baseline. Ready to go to work like a champ :)

Withdrawals arent fun, but they are 100 times easier then opiates, and seem doable IMO.

Cheers

It's pretty common to have an excellent experience your first time trying kratom, but after your history esp, turning into your DOC might not be feasible in the long run. Problem for me was, and others said this too elsewhere, that tolerance goes up mad-fast. Happened to me, so I was like, "fuck it, I'll take 4 times what I was taking". Big mistake. I got dizzy, headache, and then sick, really bad stomach ache, and then sour-stomach and puking at the same time. It was awful. And I didn't get that buzz either before or after the bad spell, and then it was a long time before I took it again, and I had another good experience.

So, seems to me, tolerance goes up fast but comes down fast. I'm just using it to taper after finishing a taper from a heavy pod habit. If you wanna make it your DOC then I'd recommend using the smallest dose you can. Sort of try to make a compromise between how high/good you'd like to feel, and your long term ability to continue to do so. That's just my advice.

If you're just going to take it here and there, couple times a week maybe, then you should be set for a good buzz each time.

As a question to others: the stuff I get says it's Thai. I keep hearing about Bali, etc. What's a good strain that is nice and economical, i.e., most buzz for the buck? I know you can't source here, but I'd just like to know if there's a variety that runs a little cheaper but still works well. Thanks in advance.

Peace,
pnm

I really agree with the bold part, i substituted kratom from an oxy habit 2 years ago and can still get a buzz off of 6 grams powdered leaf (I normally take 15-18g a day). When i started i didnt take it every day and would take about 5g a day when i did(from headshops, got great kratom). Then I started ordering online and reduced my doses to 2g maeng da twice a day. It grew from there but im trying to taper right now. Take enough to make you feel good and not too much, although you might want to take a big dose every now and then just to feel like a real opiate. Do this and kratom can stay your friend for a long time.

To answer your question about strains. Heres some of my favorites:
Maeng Da (thai): this strain is always strong, stimulating and euphoric. but is costly
Bali: a great powder, really relaxing. great for before bed. normally always one of the cheaper ones
Green Malay: a good strain thats stimulating but also has sedative properties.
White (or green)Sumatra: really stimulating and doesnt last long but this one can be potent.
Red veines: I like to take red veins before bed because most often i find them more relaxing. Green veins are more stimulating but can turn sedative. You just gotta find the ones you like, go around to vendors and try sample packs, PM me and ill set you up with some legit vendors with good sample packs.

so I just orderd 100gram of each of these from an online vendor. Super Borneo Red Vein (B), Original Bali (Batch D), Green Kalimantan. Just wondering if anyone has experience with any of these, good or bad?

Yes, dont take any of them (except for Bali) too close to bedtime or you wont sleep.

Bali you can take right before bedtime and you'll sleep great

Maeng Da (thai): this strain is always strong, stimulating and euphoric. but is costly
Bali: a great powder, really relaxing. great for before bed. normally always one of the cheaper ones
White (or green)Sumatra: really stimulating and doesnt last long but this one can be potent.
Red veines: I like to take red veins before bed because most often i find them more relaxing. Green veins are more stimulating but can turn sedative. You just gotta find the ones you like, go around to vendors and try sample packs, PM me and ill set you up with some legit vendors with good sample packs.

Thanks! But I'm short on enough posts to PM you. Could you PM me please?

yea like i said ,i wont be able to do it but maybe twice a week ,i mean im guessing this is low level powder so would 15g actually be that high of a dose ,im guessing i took around 7 grams ,so i wana shoot for maybe 12-15g

yea like i said ,i wont be able to do it but maybe twice a week ,i mean im guessing this is low level powder so would 15g actually be that high of a dose ,im guessing i took around 7 grams ,so i wana shoot for maybe 12-15g

that oughtta do you good. anymore though and you could needlessly up your tolerance without a compensatory payoff buzz-wise. Keeping to twice a week wasn't possible for me with kratom or pods previously. So I know I gotta taper and be done. Ugh. How's the kratom labeled? Without revealing the source, that is... Bali, thai, maeng da, or something else. If it's an extract, whoa, that'd be way too much.

Hope it goes well for you.

I really agree with the bold part

Yup, treating Kratom like the weak, medicinal plant that it is is the best course of action. Don't try to chase some sort of awesome high that will floor you every single time by constantly increasing your dosage like you can with "real" opiates. Instead, keep your tolerance low by dosing once a day and keeping dosages conservative (no more than 5-6g, imo), and reap the medicinal benefits long-term without worrying about major tolerance increases or dependence.

Red veines: I like to take red veins before bed because most often i find them more relaxing.

I agree with all of this, good info! :) I just would like to add that Maeng Da has prominent stimulant properties with a quick comeup, but consequently has a crash around 2 hours in that a lot of people aren't fond of, and feel that this quick comedown makes MD less versatile for once a day dosing.

So this is off the discussion going on, but I think A change of pace is beneficial. Anyone care to comment or explain the legality of Kratom? At least in the US. Why is it still legal? Will it continue to remain legal? And also what could we Kratom users do to help keep the legality where it is currently?

^ I do not see how you formulated that response from reading what you quoted?? And why is talking so enthusiastically about kratom make you between the ages 15-18? Kratom is a fucking miracle plant man without a doubt and I am very happy for people who are benefiting from it so much.

*snip*

So this is off the discussion going on, but I think A change of pace is beneficial. Anyone care to comment or explain the legality of Kratom? At least in the US. Why is it still legal? Will it continue to remain legal? And also what could we Kratom users do to help keep the legality where it is currently?
I think 1 or 2 States made it illegal (Indiana for sure). Massachusetts almost made it illegal but refrained because they said kratom had medicinal value.

In Canada its still perfectly legal

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.