• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom (Mega)Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang, this sounds like a lot of uncomfortability caused by the withdrawals, would it be easier just to taper down every now and again? I can't think of any drug that to me is worth renewing my already present insomnia back to full fledge.

Na, don't be scared off. As long as you just use small doses and not everyday you won't experience 'withdrawals'. I might add, the insomnia IMO, has less to do with the mu agonist aspect of it than it does that you're simply taking a sedative and when you stop you can't sleep. I think the same would be true if you took anything that made you sleepy. As long as you stay away from extracts and be sensible, you shouldn't have any problem.

The insomnia, for me at least, seems to happen on its own. I don't experience RLS or any other opiate w/d aside from a little anxiety, but that could just be because I'm not sleeping!

Yup, stay far away from extracts. To me they're just legal opiates.

Powder itself works just fine

I'm coming off a short term sub taper and would like something to ease withdrawals. What I hate the most about wd is the anxiety and restlessness and lack of sleep. What would be the most effective Kratom to help ease withdrawals? And considering I will have some nausea from WDs and do not have much of an appetite, what would be recommended leaf,powder or extract? I'm really a noob when it comes to Kratom. Thanks all

I would never purchase capsuled Kratom, though, you can capsule it yourself if you'd like.

I recommend brewing tea from powdered plain leaf Kratom for the opioid dependent, since the onset is much quicker and a lot of the nausea from eating plant matter is reduced.

Stay away from extracts, they are as euphoric and addictive as regular opiates, and even more expensive once you have a habit. I only recommend them when you are in extreme pain, and dependent on heavy opiates. 1g UEI = 25mg hydrocodone, so even enhanced blends are way too powerful, considering people eat 2-4 grams of UEI... plain leaf Kratom is much weaker, 1g = 3.75mg hydrocodone; plain leaf is much more conducive to a clean life.

Plain leaf Kratom is an amazing medicinal plant, it's weak in a self-limiting way, it's saved myself and plenty of others from opioid dependence, I really hope it stays legal.

Last edited:
The UEI does work for WD. I find the stimulation to almost be desirable in some weird way, because it doesn't do to you what taking a stimulant like caffeine would do to you while in the bad phases of opiate WD. What it does is kind of make you feel energetic and more normalized, somehow replenishing the energy zapped from your body by the state of WD. It's really fantastic, and to think I was worried about it.

And yes, I have to say I don't recommend extracts like this to ANYONE unless you are already a heavily dependent opiate user and you literally NEED something stronger than plan leaf to not feel like (and I'm being serious) killing yourself because of how bad the WD's can be.

If you're dependent on ~100mg of Oxy per day, or equivalent, you'll probably be fine using plain powdered leaf. 200ishmg / day is where good extracts like this UEI start to make more sense.

For the non- opiate dependent individual looking for a buzz? Stick with powdered leaf. No reason to go straight to something like UEI.

So just as a final update and summary, I'm four days clean off Oxycodone. This is entirely thanks to UEI Kratom. My previous attempt at getting off failed on day three, using nothing but Bali because for my level of dependence (250mg / day) it just wasn't strong enough to abate the symptoms. UEI most certainly was, I've been taking 3 grams about four times a day. Yes it's a lot, but I've slept like a baby for the three main days in WD, kept the muscle aches at bay, relieved the oppressive depression and anxiety, and kept me from craving Oxy so badly that I crack and go out and pick up.

For me, UEI has been a blessing. My plan going forward is to switch to strong Bali tea for a few days to taper off the UEI, then eventually just ween off the Kratom altogether.

For every opiate dependent person dreading the thought of WD and without access to other medicines that make it easier, I'm telling you, UEI will save your ass. Just be responsible and know you're playing with an equally addictive substance, and treat it as such. From my own anecdotal experiences, I'd say the 1gram UEI = 25ishmg of Hydrocodone to be about accurate. 3 grams, while feeling somewhat different, felt "similar" to about 60mg of Oxycodone, thus its ability to completely abate the symptoms of WD. That should give you all an idea of how potent UEI is. Again, it's not exactly like Oxy, but you can definitely tell you took a decent amount of some kind of opiate. The warmth is there, the mood lift is there, the euphoria, while blunted because of my tolerance, is present, and a thebaine like stimulation exists from the other alkaloids. Ironically enough, I find this strength of kratom to be more like Oxycodone or very strong Tramadol than any other opiate.

Last edited:
So just as a final update and summary, I'm four days clean off Oxycodone. This is entirely thanks to UEI Kratom. My previous attempt at getting off failed on day three, using nothing but Bali because for my level of dependence (250mg / day) it just wasn't strong enough to abate the symptoms. UEI most certainly was, I've been taking 3 grams about four times a day. Yes it's a lot, but I've slept like a baby for the three main days in WD, kept the muscle aches at bay, relieved the oppressive depression and anxiety, and kept me from craving Oxy so badly that I crack and go out and pick up.

For me, UEI has been a blessing. My plan going forward is to switch to strong Bali tea for a few days to taper off the UEI, then eventually just ween off the Kratom altogether
Yup, thats the way to do it. You can take 8 to 10 mg loperamide every 4 hrs or so when you wanna get off the kratom powder. Also stock up on melatonin so you can sleep the first 3 days of kratom WD

Swim use to use kratom when I was in the strangle hold of Opiates. After being on bupe for a little over a year, I just started forgetting to take it and eventually didnt take anymore at all. Back when Swim bought kratom you had to use so much of it, he had to put it in empty '00' pill cases to get it down. Worst taste in the world. but will get you through WD's

Swim use to use kratom when I was in the strangle hold of Opiates. After being on bupe for a little over a year, I just started forgetting to take it and eventually didnt take anymore at all. Back when Swim bought kratom you had to use so much of it, he had to put it in empty '00' pill cases to get it down. Worst taste in the world. but will get you through WD's

Come on man, no SWIM here.

1) It's completely and utterly ridiculous.
2) It makes your post illegible.
3) It's against the rules on BL (thank god)

That story I just read is some success. 3 days of sleep the first nights of w/d. It is truly a miracle plant.

Exactly. But there is one caveat; it was this expensive and very potent extract, not regular Kratom. My first attempt at getting clean failed because Bali wasn't strong enough, and I was awake for over 60 hours before, in a delirious state of near-psychosis, going out and picking up just so I wouldn't wish death upon myself. Then again, this is because my dependence level is quite high at 250 mg/ day. If you're around the 100mg mark, Bali Kratom, regular powdered leaf should do just fine for you (it has for me in the past). It's only when your tolerance is decently high that you may need to look for something stronger. For me, sleep deprivation is THE worst WD symptom. I can handle the aches, pains and general discomfort. I CANNOT mentally handle going without sleep for 3 days.

Last edited:
I'm poppin in to say I LOVE kratom! What a miracle drug...that and the good ol greenery. Too bad I can't just keep my drug use to those two substances. :(

Those who complain about the taste, mixed in yogurt the Bali powder is easy as hell to consume. Used tea and yogurt method, yogurt has same effects just delayed. No change in intensity. Tastes 300x better. I love Kratom yogurt!

Get melatonin, you'll sleep just fine

I love Melatonin and take it every night (most effective dosage is 0.5-1mg), but it won't exactly get you through hardcore opiate withdrawal, lol

Heavy opiate withdrawal either needs a cocktail of Clonidine, Benzos, hypnotics, and loperamide, or even better, a very low taper dosage of opioids/Kratom.

I love Melatonin and take it every night (most effective dosage is 0.5-1mg), but it won't exactly get you through hardcore opiate withdrawal, lol

Heavy opiate withdrawal either needs a cocktail of Clonidine, Benzos, hypnotics, and loperamide, or even better, a very low taper dosage of opioids/Kratom
Probably true. I only have experience with codeine and kratom, but nothing stronger.

Also melatonin works best for me when mega-dosing. I once popped about 25 mg spread out throughout the night. I kept waking up at night, so I had to keep popping 5mg melatonin tabs...LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.