PDA

View Full Version : (opioids) The Kratom (Mega)Thread v2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

blight12
18-08-2012, 11:50
hey guys i have some UEI arriving tomorrow, I've never tried it before and am curious what a good dose would be for me.

I currently use kratom everyday, usually bali. I take around 30-40 600mg capsules a day, at doses between 10-15 capsules. (so like 5-8 gram doses) I don't want to accidentally take too much of the UEI, as I've heard its actually very potent. You guys think 2 grams is too much?

I've tried other kratom extracts, specifically the 15X powder and 8X resin but neither of them were effective at all for me. This came from a legit vendor whom I had been ordering quality kratom powder from for a while. I'm rather excited to see how well the UEI works tomorrow.

Cant speak for the UEI but i usually take 25g normal powder per dose and 2g of the SEM extract which is supposed to be comparable was more then enough. It was really good, far too good in fact which made me go back to normal powder

Lady Codone
18-08-2012, 19:03
Does anyone else get withdrawal symptoms from kratom? Like, while high on kratom? The good feelings are definitely there, but they're muted by typical withdrawal symptoms (cold chills, runny nose, yawning, etc). I read that kratom contains both opiate agonists and antagonists...maybe that's why? Is there anything one could do to minimize the withdrawal-like side effects?

OEandricearoni
18-08-2012, 20:42
Does anyone else get withdrawal symptoms from kratom? Like, while high on kratom? The good feelings are definitely there, but they're muted by typical withdrawal symptoms (cold chills, runny nose, yawning, etc). I read that kratom contains both opiate agonists and antagonists...maybe that's why? Is there anything one could do to minimize the withdrawal-like side effects?

I've never noticed this, but i went from taking suboxone straight to kratom, and haven't used full agonist opiates while I've been taking the kratom at all. The kratom pretty much completely eliminated my suboxone withdrawal, but TBH all i did was trade one addiction for another unfortunately. Though kratom is a lot cheaper, so i did benefit from it.

On another note i just got my UEI and have just taken 2.5G of it. I hope i didn't go overboard but i think I'll be alright since i have a kratom tolerance..

So it's been about an hour since I took the UEI and I'm feeling pretty good. About half an our ago i took 8 bali 00 caps to top it off, and another .5g of UEI. I'm hoping i can actually catch a nod off this but my expectations aren't THAT high.

Anyone here have luck catching a nod off UEI? I'm asking people who have a lot of experience with opiates and kratom, people who have a decent opiate tolerance and have been using them for years, cause that is my situation.

Fresco
18-08-2012, 21:03
Yup, kratom causes withdrawal symptoms that initially last 4 days or so. Then there's a secondary very mild WD period that lasts 3 weeks or so.

Fun times

silentcowboy
19-08-2012, 11:18

Thats weird if your experiencing those symptoms while still on a kratom buzz.

Fresco
19-08-2012, 13:58
Oh crap, I didnt read her post properly.

Yeah, thats indeed weird to get WD symptoms while on kratom

Synaptic Gap
20-08-2012, 01:40
I have been experimenting with kratom for the last month. I would say I actually enjoy it more than most opiates.

A close friend who had an extreme 7 year opiate addiction has been clean of opiates for two months now and is enjoying life again thanks to occasional doses of kratom when the cravings get really bad. I could say this stuff has possibly saved her life.

I am glad I discovered this wonderful herb.

Thanatos
20-08-2012, 01:48
What is the consensus on what variety is the best for analgesia and mild euphoria? I've enjoyed maeng da but it gives me a bad hangover. I typically using high grade Bali over that Thai variety but I find the two to be similar.

Synaptic Gap
20-08-2012, 01:53
What is the consensus on what variety is the best for analgesia and mild euphoria? I've enjoyed maeng da but it gives me a bad hangover. I typically using high grade Bali over that Thai variety but I find the two to be similar.

I prefer Maeng Da for euphoria. I have not noticed a hangover ever. I usually take 5g but only once or twice a week to keep the tolerance and WDs away. I have noticed that kratom falls a little short in the pain relief dept as compared to most opiates.

Thanatos
20-08-2012, 02:10
I really don't take it besides for when I don't have opiates. I usually use it in higher doses though around 8-10 grams of the m.d variety or 12-15 grams for the Bali or thai. Maeng Da is more enjoyable but I can't take it multiple days in a row like I would with the other types.

silentcowboy
20-08-2012, 20:51
My favorite for analgesia is most Red Borneo strains, its very sedating compared to other strains so its best before bed. Making your own little blend with some maeng da or green malay might give you the proper results your looking for. While the red borneo is euphoric, it can take a while to kick in and is normally a pretty mild buzz, thats why I like to mix a little green vein in there.

Ho-Chi-Minh
20-08-2012, 21:11
Shit is expensive. Not being ale to afford even a small-moderate daily habit makes this untenable for me. Sad.

THCified
20-08-2012, 22:19
I don't prefer a specific type of Kratom. From use to use i mostly switch between strains, which is a good possibility to slow down tolerance build-up, but tbh i don't feel much of a difference effects-wise but in potency. It's really simple: a low dose is more activating while a high dose puts you to sleep.

mllx
22-08-2012, 00:19
Hi guys!

Do you think that Kratom can cause some kind of chronic tolerance to its effects? Something like MDMA and it's lost of magic, or K and the imposibility of holing.

I'm gonna tell my history of love with Kratom quickly: I discover Kratom 2 years ago. I have a panic disease and then I wasn't taken any SSRI. I always took Kratom thai at weekends and it's effects were amazing: something like MDMA + opium.

But now, I can't feel the magic. Maybe it's the Paxil (10 mg/day), or event the set&setting(I'm less stressed and alone nowadays). What do you feel? Someone has also lost its magic?

Fresco
22-08-2012, 00:55
Hi guys!

Do you think that Kratom can cause some kind of chronic tolerance to its effects? Something like MDMA and it's lost of magic, or K and the imposibility of holing.

I'm gonna tell my history of love with Kratom quickly: I discover Kratom 2 years ago. I have a panic disease and then I wasn't taken any SSRI. I always took Kratom thai at weekends and it's effects were amazing: something like MDMA + opium.

But now, I can't feel the magic. Maybe it's the Paxil (10 mg/day), or event the set&setting(I'm less stressed and alone nowadays). What do you feel? Someone has also lost its magic?
You just need to take a few weeks break to reset tolerance

mllx
22-08-2012, 02:18
You just need to take a few weeks break to reset tolerance

Yes, ATM I won't order more kratom for a while. But I never do it on a daily basis, and recently a 3-week break didn't do a lot.
I will stay clean for more than 2 months.

silentcowboy
22-08-2012, 06:56
^ thats really interesting, Im wondering if its maybe more of a psychological thing? Our first drug experiences are normally the most memorable, or maybe your just past the "honeymoon" phase with kratom. Im past that stage ATM but still recognize all of the good things its still doing for me.

mllx
22-08-2012, 16:09
^ thats really interesting, Im wondering if its maybe more of a psychological thing? Our first drug experiences are normally the most memorable, or maybe your just past the "honeymoon" phase with kratom. Im past that stage ATM but still recognize all of the good things its still doing for me.

Yes, I think the "honeymoon" has gone... I hope someday can experience again the magic. I also think that the set&setting do a lot: when I was living alone, the loneliness and the mental pain get a quick relief from Kratom, getting a quick psycological reward.

Nowadays it doesn't do a lot for me, so now kratom deserves a good withdrawal time. Kratom Thai is the best drug I've ever took, and I love it <3

Good luck, Kratom lovers!

Fresco
22-08-2012, 17:28
Yes, ATM I won't order more kratom for a while. But I never do it on a daily basis, and recently a 3-week break didn't do a lot.
I will stay clean for more than 2 months
Maybe the Paxil is getting in the way??

mllx
22-08-2012, 17:44
Maybe the Paxil is getting in the way??

I believe that Kratom acts on 5-HT in some way, and Paroxetine modifies the endogenous opioid system:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12044796
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14978354

Anyway, I'll know in a few months.

Abraxus
24-08-2012, 05:59
I have some Maeng Da Ultra Enhanced Extract that will be arriving to me in a few days. The website says that 250mg is a good starting dose because it is very strong. Anyone have experience with this product? I've never taken Kratom before and will be using it for pain relief. I generally take about 80mg of hydro a day for pain, but tend to run short and I would like to try Kratom to supplement so I don't run short every month. Any advice would be appreciated.

damonoxide
28-08-2012, 21:41
i'm sure somewhere in the two megathreads this has been addressed and i really hate to ask questions that have been answered, but i have read through several pages from each of the threads and haven't come across what i'm looking for yet.

also, just to be clear, i am not looking for sources, but i have zero experience with kratom and there are so many different strains and extracts out there that i don't really know what to go for. i am a long-term opiate addict with intermittent periods of clean time but have recently slipped again and though it's been a short period of use so far (and i have managed to avoid heroin, thank goodness) i am terrified of it escalating. i am so lucky to have survived all that i've been through so far and i feel like a piece of shit for falling into that "just this once" thinking yet again. i understand that kratom might be helpful not just for mitigating my (admittedly very mild at this point) withdrawal symptoms, but also as a recreational substance likely to be a lot less dangerous than any actual opiate i'm likely to use. basically, a short-term option to scratch that itch without risking losing everything all over again. i really don't know that i can survive another full-on run.

sorry for the exposition, probably not necessary, but i figured maybe it would be helpful in getting someone to recommend a specific type to look for to address my particular needs.

thanks in advance for any replies.

OEandricearoni
29-08-2012, 00:02
i'm sure somewhere in the two megathreads this has been addressed and i really hate to ask questions that have been answered, but i have read through several pages from each of the threads and haven't come across what i'm looking for yet.

also, just to be clear, i am not looking for sources, but i have zero experience with kratom and there are so many different strains and extracts out there that i don't really know what to go for. i am a long-term opiate addict with intermittent periods of clean time but have recently slipped again and though it's been a short period of use so far (and i have managed to avoid heroin, thank goodness) i am terrified of it escalating. i am so lucky to have survived all that i've been through so far and i feel like a piece of shit for falling into that "just this once" thinking yet again. i understand that kratom might be helpful not just for mitigating my (admittedly very mild at this point) withdrawal symptoms, but also as a recreational substance likely to be a lot less dangerous than any actual opiate i'm likely to use. basically, a short-term option to scratch that itch without risking losing everything all over again. i really don't know that i can survive another full-on run.

sorry for the exposition, probably not necessary, but i figured maybe it would be helpful in getting someone to recommend a specific type to look for to address my particular needs.

thanks in advance for any replies.
The most economical strain to buy is by far bali. I've tried other strains before, maeng da, thai, bali x, but wasn't that impressed with them. The extra money for other strains IME isn't worth it, just get the premium bali powder.

I'd suggest buying capsules, or buying empty capsules and a capsule filling machine. It's quite unpleasant to eat the powder/leaf raw, and it's a pain and IME less effective to make tea. The capsules make it easy to take the kratom and then you can measure out your doses easily as well if you don't have a scale.

Good luck man. Kratom really is good for getting off of full agonist opiates. For me it completely eliminated all of my withdrawal symptoms, but I'd suggest you make a taper plan right away and don't stay on the kratom for more than a couple weeks.

jones-in_J
29-08-2012, 04:48
Im going to be using kratpm to get off heroin and normally use the toss and wash method but sometimes its hard to get down due to withdrawals...

Does anyone havr any tips that could make it easier? Is brewing it in water effective at all or a complete waste?

jones-in_J
29-08-2012, 04:50
Nevermind i read the above post... was trying to avoid buyimg capsules since it takes a while to get them once ordered but sounds like its the only option

OEandricearoni
29-08-2012, 11:21
Nevermind i read the above post... was trying to avoid buyimg capsules since it takes a while to get them once ordered but sounds like its the only option

Kratom is available already capped, i cant give you any sources though.

blight12
29-08-2012, 14:58
I believe that Kratom acts on 5-HT in some way, and Paroxetine modifies the endogenous opioid system:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12044796
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14978354

Anyway, I'll know in a few months.

This is interesting as I am on 50mg paxil daily and from the start I needed at least 20g of good quality leaf to get decent rec results from Kratom. Perhaps the paxil explains this.

silentcowboy
29-08-2012, 16:44
^ I was on 30mg paxil when I started kratom, I didnt notice any weird effects like that, and could get a buzz off of 4g of shitty headshop kratom. I guess everydody is different. One point I would like to add is when I started kratom I liked to take 8g doses if I could afford it, but after about a month, I noticed that I could get a good buzz at 4g and stayed at that dose. It was like I had to know what kratom felt like to be able to enjoy smaller doses, anybody get this?

damonoxide
29-08-2012, 17:11
thanks for the reply, OEandricearoni. i reckon i'll try to figure out which vendor i'm gonna go with and order when i get paid this weekend. and yes, as soon as i figure out an effective dose i plan on developing a taper. definitely not looking for a new addiction, though i do hope that it is something i will be able to return to periodically for an opiate-like buzz without leading to the harder stuff. anyone have any thoughts on that? possible or wishful thinking?

Hiltoniano
29-08-2012, 17:19
^ I believe that would work, but you must be careful to not let it continue on to harder things, it's always a slippery slope. So off that subject, does anyone know the caloric content of Kratom? Is it negligible?

OEandricearoni
29-08-2012, 22:17
^ I believe that would work, but you must be careful to not let it continue on to harder things, it's always a slippery slope. So off that subject, does anyone know the caloric content of Kratom? Is it negligible?

Probably negligible as it is all plant matter meaning is mostly fiber. I wouldnt worry about gaining weight from taking a kratom dose. You could completely avoid eating the plant matter by making tea if you want but it isn't even worth in IME eating the powdered leaf works better anyway.

Hiltoniano
30-08-2012, 18:54
Thanks, I wasn't worried about gaining weight though it was more just a curiosity. I assumed the same. I prefer mixing with yogurt, which does have calories obviously and after trying both tea and yogurt methods of consumption, yogurt wins because of better, longer affects as well as much easier process of eating and flavor masking.

Where Wolf?
30-08-2012, 21:26

Parachuting/bombing is also an option, but be careful to make the 'chutes small enough that they're easy to swallow with water in one gukp, or else you'll get the flavour, plus wet rolling paper trailing down your throat.

JJ-180
30-08-2012, 21:48
Does anyone else find that Kratom makes them lay turds the size of a baby's arm, once a day? You know,so big you have to poke it with a stick to get it round the u-bend?

Fresco
30-08-2012, 22:06
Does anyone else find that Kratom makes them lay turds the size of a baby's arm, once a day? You know,so big you have to poke it with a stick to get it round the u-bend?
Kratom makes for a great laxative. I think the plant has lots of fiber in it

jones-in_J
30-08-2012, 22:44
Kratom makes for a great laxative. I think the plant has lots of fiber in it

I find the opposite to be true. I havr crohns and kratom helps a lot to control the diarrhea

silentcowboy
30-08-2012, 23:24
^ I also find kratom to slow me down, especially if Ive taken more then my normal dose, not nearly as bad as opiates though...

FadedZombie
01-09-2012, 18:35
^its an opiate.. So naturally it's Gona stop u up more. But it's also a plant.. So it's gotta b rich in fiber. Interesting lol. I was wondering tho, is there anything u can take w/ kratom to make it smell more like hyrdrocodone? Don't get me wrong i love & respect this plant. But the subtleness bothers me. It's missing something..

silentcowboy
01-09-2012, 18:59
I used to think kratom was too subtle myself, I just needed to find to right vendor with the right strain. For me its Green Malay, then Maeng da (would be #1, but its expensive) I like the stimulating strains better. And although most vendors have green malay, MD, bali, indo, ect. They are rarely the same alkaloid profile (from the same tree/batch) so your effects differ between vendors in potency and alkaloid profile. Once you find your sweet spot and a routine to get the most out of it, you might prefer it to hydro, like I do now. Now kratom has a much cleaner and more natural feel to it (less groggy then traditional opiates). Dont get me wrong I would still love to take a moderate dose of hydro, but as a maintenance drug for mood, work, sleep, energy, social anxiety, and general opiate cravings - its a much better substance IMO but to each their own.

FadedZombie
01-09-2012, 19:22
Man I'm jealous. I am Gona continue my 'research' tho. Hopefully I can find a good enough vendor. I always had the sneaking suspcion that my current vendor fills it w/ dirt or something. But then i switched to a diff one that a lot of bluelighters & opiophiles recommended. Got this huge sample pack w/ a lot of diff strains including maeng da (which honest to god doesn't seem to work as well for me then others, almost little to no effect compared to Bali, weird huh) but I found none of them had as good of an aroma as the original vendor. I will say that I feel as if anyone who drinks coffee in the morning before work as opposed to kratom is seriously misinformed. W/ kratom, im the best worker in the building & won't get tired for my entire 8 hr shift! I love it.

FadedZombie
01-09-2012, 19:24
I used to think kratom was too subtle myself, I just needed to find to right vendor with the right strain. For me its Green Malay, then Maeng da (would be #1, but its expensive) I like the stimulating strains better. And although most vendors have green malay, MD, bali, indo, ect. They are rarely the same alkaloid profile (from the same tree/batch) so your effects differ between vendors in potency and alkaloid profile. Once you find your sweet spot and a routine to get the most out of it, you might prefer it to hydro, like I do now. Now kratom has a much cleaner and more natural feel to it (less groggy then traditional opiates). Dont get me wrong I would still love to take a moderate dose of hydro, but as a maintenance drug for mood, work, sleep, energy, social anxiety, and general opiate cravings - its a much better substance IMO but to each their own.

Couldn't agree more tho silentcowboy. Kratom if anything is a major life enhancer.

silentcowboy
02-09-2012, 19:47
:) Yeah, for me its a miracle plant, I dont fein for it like I did opiates, which in reality, makes a HUGE difference. Before I couldnt sleep if I had a stash of OC, I was too excited to get up in the morning and do them. With kratom I take the same amount everyday, and never run out.

FadedZombie
03-09-2012, 02:59
Haha that's do weird dude me too.. If I got hydro I can't wait to wake up to it w/ an empty stomach & then as soon as that great feeling goes away I just end up takin more even tho I try to control myself. & I take so much when I initially get my script that I dont have enough to last me until my next one. Needless to say I end up feeling like a fiend. But like u said w/ kratom I never feel that. I never skip meals cause I want my stomach to b completely empty when I take my dose like i do w/ hydro. Question tho, do u ever redose yr kratom?

silentcowboy
03-09-2012, 07:48
Haha that's do weird dude me too.. If I got hydro I can't wait to wake up to it w/ an empty stomach & then as soon as that great feeling goes away I just end up takin more even tho I try to control myself. & I take so much when I initially get my script that I dont have enough to last me until my next one. Needless to say I end up feeling like a fiend. But like u said w/ kratom I never feel that. I never skip meals cause I want my stomach to b completely empty when I take my dose like i do w/ hydro. Question tho, do u ever redose yr kratom?

I do redose my kratom, I know that I shouldnt, but I am in the process of tapering. I normally take 4g of Green malay 4-5 a day, although I did buy some stem and vein powder recently so my alkaloid intake has gone down but my leaf intake has stayed about the same ~5g. I took a dose this morning of 4g of Green Malay (not stem and vein) and it hit pretty hard. When I get my next order of GM on tuesday im going to try 2.5g doses and see how that goes.

But kratom always hits best first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, I always eat about 15 minutes after my dose as it seems to help with consistent results.

jones-in_J
03-09-2012, 16:59

It depends... when all i did was kratom i only dosed once for a whole dayy, tried redosing a couple times but didnt like the results and found it more pleasurable mot to do so

However now i have a iv heroin habit amd use ot for withdrawals which its a life saver for... usimg it for that i have to redpse though and eculause it only lasts 4-10 hours before im starting to withdraw pretty bad again

JJ-180
04-09-2012, 20:13
I agree, the Green Malay is the best of them. When 5-8 gr of this hits it's swimmy, dizzy and really quite disorienting. Had some while I was watching Jezza. Thought I must have slipped sideways into a parallel universe for a while there.

Fresco
04-09-2012, 21:06
I like Premium Indo the best.

And Maeng da is best for drinking alcohol with

punkboi26
08-09-2012, 21:56
I'd just like to add my experience so far. I have just recieved 4 grams of a 15x labeled extract that has produced excellent effects. I won't bother mentioning anything else in detail about it other than it is supposedly not the generic, typical 15x that is commonplace. But, what do I know, I am new to the Kratom scene so take that info with a boulder sized grain of salt. Anyway, I dumped in a gram of extract into my espresso cup, added hot but not boiling water and 2 small scoops full of DaVinci Hazelnut syrup. The tea has a very familiar taste to it that I can't put my finger on. I actually like the taste where others say they don't care for it. After maybe 45 minutes I start feeling a very familiar opioid-like feeling. It's been 3 hours and I still feel very good with an added pep like taking around 5mg of Ritalin orally. I'm very pleased with this stuff. I'm curious about something though. I am also on Methadone (20mg daily MMT) and wonder if it potentiates the effect. I am usually starting to feel a total drag about 8 hours after I dose but the Kratom has totally curbed that feeling. I am really surprised with this stuff. The only thing I am kinda not so happy about is I am feeling a somewhat intense desire to go and make another cup of tea. :-/ I have pretty stron self control issues as I have ADHD and am prone to addictive activities like gambling as well as doing drugs.

silentcowboy
08-09-2012, 22:53
^ Ill try to help you out the best I cant... First of all I strongly recommend staying away from the extracts, especially because you talk about being prone to addictive things, powdered leaf works great for a lot of people here, and its becoming a general consensus that extracts lead to trouble. I am interested to hear about your experience with Methadone, I always wondered if it would have a blockade effect on kratom, so Im not sure if it potentates it or not, but kratom has a few different active alkaloids, which btw, different strains have different alkaloid profiles, and each strain feels different. Some are just slightly different in effects but some strains can be primarily sedative, while others very stimulating, and some a mix of both... You've just got to find your preference in effects. If I were you I would try some Red Veins, as IME, are normally more sedative and last longer (less redosing). I prefer Green Veins myself, their mostly stimulating and come on fast, and strong, but dont last very long.

Melgray28
11-09-2012, 17:06
I am wondering if anyone knows if there are harmful toxins in gold reserve kratom extract? Is it safer to use crushed leaf or powder? I've never really tried any other except Bali which did absolutely nothing for me. I'm asking because I have been experiencing symptoms that mimic autoimmune disorder /nerve damage. I pray it is not from kratom use but starting to get anxious about it. Any thoughts?