• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom (Mega)Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there a ceiling with kratom? ive never paid much attention to it seeing how my tolerance was always super high ,but seeing how its lower im really interested

a person could actually nod from this

Thanks for the responses guys.

I'm going to give the UEI a shot well BEFORE I'm in WD to "test" its effects on me. I know most Kratom is stimulating in low doses, sedating in high, but different strains seem to produce different effects. I've just heard a lot of discrepancy over UEI, some stating it's definitely a stimulating variety, others stating it's definitely sedative.

Really, the ultimate thing I'm concerned with is WD relief, and like I mentioned I'm nervous to take UEI if it's going to perhaps overstimulate me during WD and add to the anxiety/sleeplessness.

So if anyone has used UEI during opiate WD, I'd definitely like to hear from you. Bali definitely worked and allowed me to get some sleep, but the amount needed is just not optimal for my tolerance, which is where i'm coming from going with the UEI. I remember reading that UEI is extremely potent and that even 1g is very active. Even with my tolerance I'd be questioning whether 5g or more of UEI is actually a good idea. I've read one report, seemingly legit, from a guy that works in the Kratom industry. He states that it's just too expensive and technically difficult to do a proper extraction of Kratom alkaloids, so most extracts including UEI are actually just laced with RC's like O-DMT (o-desmethyltramadol). What do you guys think of this statement?

Probably going to try 2g and measure the effects, but I'd definitely still like to hear from more of you about your experiences with the stuff.

With Kratom, there's SO many different products out there it's hard to know how one will work versus another. I just wish Bali was a bit stronger per gram and it'd be perfect for me. But like I said, I've heard some very good things about UEI, just not necessarily about its ability to aid in WD. I originally (when I purchased the UEI) assumed that since the UEI is much stronger per gram, it has to be much better in WD relief, but the question arose that it may in fact NOT be more helpful if it's going to overstimulate me. I suppose this is kind of a difficult question to answer and is very specific.

I'm just trying to ascertain as much information and anecdotal accounts as I possibly can. Perhaps a mod should move this to OD? I wasn't entirely certain where this topic would be most effective.

Last edited:
Off the Wiki page:
7-hydroxymitragynine was only recently understood to be the main active ingredient. Limited animal research suggests it is a potent opiate agonist, but with a ceiling effect that limits the potential for respiratory depression and euphoria. No fatal overdose of kratom is known to have occurred.

This might be interesting to you:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/archive/index.php/t-515481.html

^ im talking about the kind of respiratory depression where you fall asleep and stop breathing. then in the morning your girlfriend wakes up next to your cold blue corpse.

i have searched and never found anything like this with kratom, yet all other opiates that i can think of have the potential to kill you.

considering there are some very potent extracts on the market, i think that if a lethal overdose could happen it would have by now. yet there are no such reports. kratom must have some pretty interesting pharmacology, like how does it agonize mu receptors without killing people that overdo it? how does the delta receptor figure into this?

I'm not sure why exactly but kratom seems to have some sort of safety mechanism. Maybe it's still possible to overdose and die from respiratory depression but in higher doses it tends to cause nausea and dizziness so maybe people tend to vomit if they consume way too much. Another possibility is that the stimulant effects may speed up your breathing. I know it increases your heart rate and causes sweating so it might help to keep you breathing if you take a lot.

In my experience, I only came close to nodding once on kratom and it wasn't anything like nodding on pods/morphine. In most cases, the stimulation combated a lot of the sedation when I was using the kratom.

Just dosed 1g of UEI to test the waters. DEFINITELY more manageable at this level of plant matter. Taste didn't appear as planty, more chemically if you get me.

Also took 400mg of Tagamet 50 minutes ago, so we'll see how it goes.

EDIT: Damn, I'm downright high right now off this shit. IDK if I just chose a good vendor or what, but this is much stronger than plain leaf, even at 1g. Holy crap.

I can't tell though at this point how much it will help during WD. It kind of feels both sedating and energetic at the same time, very much like Oxycodone in a way. This is IN NO WAY comparable to plain leaf. This stuff, if word ever got out, would be banned INSTANTLY.

I guess I'm going to just have to try it while on day one of WD and see how it goes. Worst case scenario I switch back to Bali (yuck) and use the UEI for fun. Because, holy shit, this stuff is potent. I feel like I took a proper Opiate, at one gram, with my tolerance. (Edit: Probably implies that there is cross tolerance, but not to all the alkaloids in Kratom, probably irrespective of your opiate tolerance, which is more noticeable with an enhanced product like UEI)

Last edited:
Glad you started out low. :)
Would like to hear how it goes once w/d sets in.

token

Glad you started out low. :)
Would like to hear how it goes once w/d sets in.

token

Yeah, I'm still nervous to try it. Definitely feels like there's some caffeine in me or something. Ugh, this would be PERFECT for hard opiate WD if it didn't have this property. I still am not sure how it's going to go for the intended purpose.

Yeah, I'm still nervous to try it. Definitely feels like there's some caffeine in me or something. Ugh, this would be PERFECT for hard opiate WD if it didn't have this property. I still am not sure how it's going to go.

I totally understand what you say..
just something to keep in mind..
and I can only go by my own craziness...

but w/d can make it extremely hard w/not only physical symptoms..
but also lack of motivation..
the chance is there..that in the end..this could be a blessing..
if it did help with both physical w/d symptoms and lack of wanting to remove yourself
from your bed.

If it were me though, I think if I could get my hands on some bali also..just to have on hand..
I probably would.

Best of luck!
token

Last edited:
some kratom is laced with O-desmethyltramadol to answer your question

yea i dont really enjoy a speedy buzz,so i dunno if id enoy kratom ....

i really like a depressant to enjoy before bed...so this sucks

this might try it

^It's impossible to tell if yours is or not.

I'm going to move this over to Other Drugs, it may be merged into the kratom megathread at a later time.

BDD --> OD

^It's impossible to tell if yours is or not.

I'm going to move this over to Other Drugs, it may be merged into the kratom megathread at a later time.

BDD --> OD

Sure, sounds good. No problem at all.

Just looking to hear from more people who've used UEI and hopefully for WD purposes. It's definitely the most interesting form of Kratom I've come across.

And I also purchased an actual pound of Bali Kratom (in case we see a ban on this sooner than anticipated, lets face it, it's going to happen) and will store it indefinitely in an air-tight container. It's far to useful IMO to not have a large amount stored away for a rainy day.

I know the UEI will blow out my Kratom tolerance, so I'm either going to use it once in a while for fun, or only just on my WD days for relief.

I may ultimately mix about 1g of UEI with 7g of Bali and chug that down, should probably help a great deal more (and hopefully for a longer period of time). The issue I came across with the Bali alone is that it just wasn't strong enough on its own and didn't last long enough, for me, leading to having to dose every 4 hours which led to a massive build up of hydrophobic plant matter in my gut, making me very nauseus. If I can get by dosing every 6 hours by adding in UEI, I think I'll be set this time around. I'm hoping, anyway. I know I've lowered my dependence a good amount by abstaining from Oxy for 3 days last week and only using 120mg / day for the last 3 days, compared to using 250mg / day or more before this whole agonizing process started. I think I'll make it.

Last edited:
^Agreed. I've got a big ol' bag of kratom stored away in a box (separate from my other boxes of drugs, of course). It's the backup backup plan.

So I redosed about an hour ago, 2g this time.

As a three year veteran opiate addict who's tried just about everything, UEI is the real deal. It feels like a proper opiate and hits good and hard. I can also tell you, already, this stuff is MASSIVELY addicting. I'm already fiending for it like I do my DOC. I see no differentiation. I also wouldn't doubt this being laced with o-dmt, it feels much more pharmaceutical than regular Kratom. If you're one of the people who thinks Kratom sucks or won't work for someone with a tolerance, you haven't tried UEI.

But seriously, this stuff is addicting beyond belief. Be forewarned of this should you want to try it. However I'm starting to think of it as possibly the lesser of two evils, what I just paid for 50 grams of UEI completely pales in comparison to what I'd pay for an equivalent dose of Roxi 30's on the streets.

Un fucking believable, honestly.

Lastly, I can confirm that it is very stimulating at first, almost exactly like Oxycodone. Then, after an hour or so, it fades into a blissful sedation, also just like Oxycodone. You can easily nod off this shit. And, given all the above, you can easily WD off this, and I'm betting it ain't fun.

In my opinion kratom is sedative 99% of the time, but my mind is always more stimulated to do things like work. The only time i find it stimulating is when i take just enough to feel (around 1.5 grams, not enough to make me tired), its still the same feeling but doesnt make me tired. I get the same type of stimulation/sedation out of oxycodone (somewhat stimulating at under 20mg [with a slight tolerance], more willing and happy to work. over 20mg its more of a "sit on the couch and melt") There are strains of kratom that feel more stimulating but its such a slight change you've gotta know your kratom to be able to tell. I take kratom before bed every night, it helps me sleep tremendously, its the best way to relax from the day.

Last edited:
I recently just ordered a new batch of 'premium' Bali leaf powder, and got a free sample of "Enhanced" Thai leaf powder with my purchase. What are the major and minor qualitative differences between the two? Does enhanced really mean anything? Any significant differences in potency? Many thanks.

I have been using Bali powder for the past five months in order to better manage my peripheral nerve pain in conjuction with pregabalin. Trying to avoid Rx opioids as they took me down a dark path in my younger years. My Kratom use is actually quite manageable.

Dexed, I would recommend flushing that Enhanced blend down the toilet in your situation, especially since it was a free sample. Enhanced means that it is plain leaf enhanced with Kratom extract. UEI, a popular enhanced blend, is extremely powerful. Some people prefer 2g UEI over 50mg hydrocodone in terms of subjective euphoria.

Your Kratom usage is quite manageable since it is self-limiting, since 7-OH-M and Mitragynine are bundled in plenty of plain leaf alkaloids, so you can't dose too much without getting nauseous. Kratom extracts and blends are as good or better than RX opiates, and give Kratom a bad name. They are very expensive and very addictive, which makes it no surprise that your vendor gave you a free sample. Plain leaf kratom is an amazing medicinal plant, please use that and leave the extracts for the hardcore opiate addicts.

Also, from a recreational standpoint, extracts and blends do not give the "complete" high obtained from Kratom. It has more of the 2-Dimensional, hedonistic euphoria reminiscent of poppy-derived opiates. The Kratom high is much more than just the opioid components of 7-OH-M and Mitragynine. It is beautifully balanced, just like cannabis is. You start extracting certain components, like they've tried to do with Marinol, and you miss out on the beautiful synergy of all the different cannabinoids, or alkaloids, in the case of Kratom.

Sometimes I wonder how nature could have been so perfect with Kratom and Cannabis, they are both truly miracle plants.

Last edited:
Im sorry but I havnt tried the uei yet. I have red Sumatra and premium Bali powder. Both are quite strong I have taken larger doses since my last post in this thread. It it can actually be a bit too stimulating Initially and I like stims... I do enjoy it though and will deff have to work to avoid any sort of habit, as I have with other addicting substances. Why I put this temptation in front of me I never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.