• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom (Mega)Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it can effect people different, but it could possible be the strain your using, there are strains with different alkaloid profiles which produce slightly different effects. Personally I find kratom sedative 99% of the time unless i take ~2 grams or less. Just for example Maeng Da (pimps grade) is quite stimulating while the Kalimantan ive got right now is pretty sedating and helps me sleep.

Nice, seeing how your tolerance is up there you might have to take ~10g (17 or 18 caps) but i hope it helps! Let me know how it goes.

Yeah, sorry i wasnt thinking. its always best to see how body reacts in smaller doses first. I remember my stomach had to get used to it first.

Err, definitely do NOT start with those high amounts. Try 3-5 grams first and work your way up

Agreed, 3 grams and a couple hits of weed had me nodding out for 2.5 hours after a 3 week break off of steady opiate usage, and gave a 6 hour high all in all, with a nice afterglow.

1 gram of good Kratom ~= 3.75mg hydrocodone, keep that in mind.

Agreed, 3 grams and a couple hits of weed had me nodding out for 2.5 hours after a 3 week break off of steady opiate usage, and gave a 6 hour high all in all, with a nice afterglow.

1 gram of good Kratom ~= 3.75mg hydrocodone, keep that in mind.
Kratom is a nice buzz though, huh??

I love this plant

Just received a very large amount of UEI Kratom. Experiences/opinions welcome.

I'm dependent on about 250mg of Oxy/day. Combination of prescribed doses and whatever I can cop on a given day. Last week I was forced into WD after some extenuating circumstances and it was absolutely brutal. I had a large 10oz bag of Bali powder to help me get through it. I was taking about 10g every 4 hours with tons of Tagamet just to get 1-2 hours of relief. While it did work, I ended up with an extremely upset stomach from all the plant matter sitting in my belly, and I just don't care for the seemingly reduced potency of making the tea (makes sense that actually getting the plant matter in your system would yield stronger effects, I needed every little bit I could get).

I made it to about 80 hours of this hellish WD and cracked. The first chance I had to pick up some Roxi 30's, I did. However for the past couple days I've been taking no more than 120mg or so, which I'm hoping is helping to reduce my dependence, even if just by a little.

What I did do, however, was purchase a very large amount of UEI Kratom from a reputable vendor. I've heard this is simply one of the strongest varieties of Kratom you can get, and that's exactly what I need right now. In two days, I'll be out of Oxy and back in WD and this time I want/need to get through it as I won't be able to pick up any more Oxy until my script next Tuesday (which is for a much lower amount, it's time I start surviving on that alone).

Will UEI do the trick for me? I know Bali worked well because it was a sedating variety of Kratom. All the searching I could do on UEI actually hasn't yielded much information. Some say it's very sedating/euphoric (which lends itself to helping WD), others claim it to be stimulating (which would make me scared to take it during WD), what are your thoughts here?

Also, what kind of dose should I be taking with this UEI? I usually dose about 60mg of Oxy at one time, but can handle more easily. I'm not really looking for a high (although it wouldn't hurt), I'm looking for WD relief because the insomnia of this past WD episode had me near psychosis (didn't really sleep for 3 nights at all, and I can't mentally handle that).

So in short, what are your thoughts on the potency/effects of UEI Kratom? Is it more sedating or stimulating? Is it going to be a valuable tool in subsiding WD symptoms? Still worthwhile to take it with Tagamet? I noticed very perceptible increases in potency using Tagamet with the Bali. And subjectively, do you like the stuff?

Thanks! All responses greatly appreciated. I know Bali powder makes the most "sense," but it's just not strong enough per gram and quite honestly I just can't handle ingesting that much hydrophobic plant matter.

Last edited:
My thoughts are this: 1.5 -3 grams...and you could work your way up to your own sweet spot.
It's a fine line w/kratom...between feeling better...and then feeling more sick/queasy/worse..when overdoing
it.

UEI is much too stimulating for a person as
crazy as myself while w/d'ing..and would only go
for bali leaf, personally.

But you're right..many ppl find UEI much stronger and euphoric than other strains/varieties/tinctures.

I know that there's a megathread here somewhere on BL..but am too tired to
locate it for you..I'm sure it's in OD...
But it's a good bet each answer you're looking for could be found there.

Good luck..it will help..but I don't foresee a whole lot of euphoria coming your way..
with your tolerance what it is right now.
Ease from oxy w/d can be a state of euphoria in itself, however. :)

~token

Last edited:
^thats definitely too low IMO. i usually take 60-90 mgs at once to get high and i take around 5-8grams of enhanced shit, or 10-15grams of lplain leaf

^thats definitely too low IMO. i usually take 60-90 mgs at once to get high and i take around 5-8grams of enhanced shit, or 10-15grams of lplain leaf

I gave it as a starting off point...and then to work up...maybe ending @ 5-8 grams..;)
op has a legitimate concern about stimulation during w/d...
one which I would share..
UEI is enhanced shit...
if it were bali leaf..i would've suggested a higher starting dose...
but..w/e..

OP- You're bound to get several differing opinions..and I never say I know best.
Good luck finding what works for you.

Last edited:
ooh my bad^ didnt read that
but stimulation happens when you take smaller doses, and in higher doses then kratom has more of an opiate feel to it.

taken from wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kratom

Of the two main active constituents, mitragynine has been studied more thoroughly than 7-hydroxymitragynine. At lower doses, Mitragynine exhibits a yohimbine-like binding to alpha-adrenergic receptors, as well as some binding to the delta opioid receptors. As doses increase, binding to delta receptors increases, and in yet higher doses, crossover to mu receptors occurs.

got some capsules, fuck brewing tea, easy to swallow. not really any psychological effects, smokin weed, had about 9g in all today, lessen w/d's from two points a day iv h (not super physically addicted, body aches, shitting a lot, runny nose, bad flu basically). not really had any cravings, not physically knocked out, not high tho, and not exactly much cheaper :/ need to figure out what to do, sensible thing is to walk away right now. feel like i can switch back to sniffing/smoking, not ready to stop, lasts longer etc etc. it's just the false economics of it.

got some capsules, fuck brewing tea, easy to swallow. not really any psychological effects, smokin weed, had about 9g in all today, lessen w/d's from two points a day iv h (not super physically addicted, body aches, shitting a lot, runny nose, bad flu basically). not really had any cravings, not physically knocked out, not high tho, and not exactly much cheaper :/
I think your H tolerance might be getting in the way of the kratom effects

^ thanks for that info, I have actually been long wondering about the pharmacology behind the stimulating/opiate effects of kratom. I have no opiate tolerance and 4 oz of premium bali powder. I have taken doses in tea (non filtered, with plant matter suspended in it) of about 4-6g and it seems to mainly be stimulation with a nice mellow relaxation. I used to take oxy in doses up to 45mg w/ no tolerance and never had an issue. So do you guys think i could possibly up the dose to maybe 9-10g? I have been wanting to experience the opiate affects but have read too much about sickness, nausea, etc.

yah, you probably want to dose on the higher side. the only downfall is that the powder tastes like absolute shitt!!! so consuming that much is disgusting. the first time i took kratom i threw up because the powder and leaf material did not sit well in my stomach but i remember i got sooo high. once my stomach got used to it, i felt alot better.

Yea the tea with all the gritty particles is definitely a bitch to drink haha. But the main reason i even continue to use kratom (as i have not gotten powerful effects at all) is for the mood lifting properties which are a huge plus. Especially because i have been struggling with depression ( my dog from since i was 5 died last month and college stress) /end soapbox haha

i dont even make tea. i just take a big tablespoon full of kratom, take a sip of juice or soda and keep it in my mouth, toss the kratom into my mouth and take another gulp of juice/cola and swallow the kratom like i would a pill. but you have to be careful that you dont inhale when you have the kratom in your mouth because the particles with go into your lungs

i like kratom alot, but i hated the taste and constant dosing every couple hour. because of these circumstances, i like suboxone better than kratom for AD effects and whatnot

Status
Not open for further replies.