• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe my handle says it all - concerned - bupe and benzos

concernedconcerned

Greenlighter
am i at risk for respiratory failure having consumed 6 mg of bupe (on a 4 mg/day tolerance) and 1 mg of clonazepam, keeping in mind that i also took the stimulants? if i keep myself awake, will is that better than going to sleep in terms of avoiding respiratory failure? anything else i should do?

Last edited:
You'll probably be fine, especially since you took stims too. In the future you might want to lower you're dose when adding a benzo, or at least stay at the same dose that you maintain on (referring to the suboxone). If they were Valium 10mg is not a high dosage.

Just pay very close attention to whether you are experiencing any of the symptoms leading up to an OD. With oral medications an OD is not likely to come on out of nowhere, and I'm assuming you are feeling coherent and not passing out or having difficulty breathing since you were able to write a long intelligent post and didn't mention any symptoms. You didn't say how long it's been since you took the pills or what time it was at the time of writing the post. The time-stamps on the posts do not necessarily tell us what time it was in your time zone. The doses you took are not that high for most people though, so I wouldn't be too worried. If you get really worried maybe try to not fall asleep and try not to be alone. That way if you go unconscious or stop breathing at least someone would notice and would try to revive you and/or call an ambulance. Of course everyone's different, but I think it would be pre-emptive and most likely unnecessary to go to the ER right now if it's been a while since you took them and you have no symptoms of OD.

I really doubt there could be a problem with these dosages. H and benzo is one thing, but bupe (especially since youve worked up a decent opiate tolerance) im sure wont be a huge problem. Make sure never to throw in alcohole in this mix though...

Nah, you'll be fine man. I've experienced similar mixes with no ill effects before. But you know yourself better than anyone, if you start to have adverse issues, such as labored breathing, then consider medical assistance. I'm not aware of bupe have any interactions with those though, and I used to take 32mg/day. You may want to consider getting off the bupe though as soon as you are able, as the WD's from longterm use of that are most unkind - far worse than standard opies (which is ironic, no?). Hang in there!

Nah, you'll be fine man. I've experienced similar mixes with no ill effects before. But you know yourself better than anyone, if you start to have adverse issues, such as labored breathing, then consider medical assistance. I'm not aware of bupe have any interactions with those though, and I used to take 32mg/day. You may want to consider getting off the bupe though as soon as you are able, as the WD's from longterm use of that are most unkind - far worse than standard opies (which is ironic, no?). Hang in there!

haha well i actually got on the bupe when i had not been physically dependent on any opiates for over two years. the last opiate is was dependent on was bupe, and i remember how much it sucked to come off it.

I really doubt there could be a problem with these dosages. H and benzo is one thing, but bupe (especially since youve worked up a decent opiate tolerance) im sure wont be a huge problem. Make sure never to throw in alcohole in this mix though...

While that's generally true, I'm pretty sure that the only documented cases of buprenorphine overdoses, the individuals used buprenorphine along with a benzodiazepine. As long as you start off with a low dosage of benzodiazepine, there shouldn't be a problem though. Buprenorphine overdose, though rare is pretty hard to handle, as naloxone alone is not really sufficient to bring someone out of it