• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opana ER vs Oxycontin

NoddinDazy

Greenlighter
I just got switched from oxy 80's to Opana 40's. I haven't taken it yet so my question is- How is it compared to the ever so yummy oxy & how is the high? Any info will be greatly appreciated!

Oxycodone is considered by many to be a very stimulating opiate, whereas oxymorphone (Opana) is considerably more sedating.

Do you still get the itches & catch the nods? Also, I read that snorting Opana can bring very dangerous side effects lat.er on down the line

It's true that there is some speculation as to the dangers, but no one here really knows for sure whether or not snorting opana (oxymorphone) ER will lead to silicosis. I can tell you this much, oxymorphone has a terrible BA when it's taken orally and I believe that the BA for plugging isn't much better... snorting is the way to go, it seems.

I cant seem to find the thread right now, but someone once posted on how to snort more safely and efficiently; basically, you take a bendy straw, cut it to make it just a little bit smaller, scoop the powder up into it, and, using the bendy part, put one end in your mouth and the other end in your nose... blow the powder softly into your nose. By doing this, blowing the powder into your own nose, the flap in your throat or whatever closes so that nothing can enter the stomach or the lungs.

I'm going to try and find the thread for you because it had better instructions then I can give...

EDIT: Found it: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/554710-Much-more-efficient-intranasal?

Last edited: