Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushroom Season 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is better to let them grow for a while in terms of overall yield. That's easy for me to say, though, because I'm still going on my 2011 batch - and have no need for an immediate hunt.

i just got through my 2011 batch.
seriously man, put them all into melted cooking chocolate, put it in the fridge and give it to your mates as a treat next friday night.
go out and pick some fresh 2012 subs. you'll be surprised how much more potent fresh shrooms are; no matter how well you stored last years haul.

Jesus fuck! What did you just drive a truck through a forest to haul your massive load back?

DeathDomokun: haha. I still got plenty left in my 2011 batch too :D :D :D.

Tripnotyzm, I beg to differ. If you have dried em properly when you first picked em, and I mean cracker bone dry. The potency remains the same :)

i had a trip off my 2011 batch a few weeks ago. Dosage = 3grams. ANd I was still tripping as much as I would of when they were freshly dried :)

Yeah my mushrooms are preserved perfectly. There is nothing wrong with the potency. Had a strong trip last night from my 2011 batch.

Total yield last year = 2 kilograms, dried... I have less than 20 grams left.

lol.
they're never going to be as potent as fresh shrooms. unless you kept them in a freezer or something.
ive tried preserving them so many different ways over the years, they always lose some percentage of potency by the 1 year mark.

I disagree. I have been preserving mushrooms for over 10 years. I have personally consumed a kilogram over the past year. Early on, when I was inexperienced, I found that they did lose some potency. The reason was not because the loss of potency is inevitable; it was because I did not know how to preserve them correctly. Mushrooms do not become less potent at the year mark. You are preserving them incorrectly.

Assuming they are dried until crisp and kept in a vacuum-sealed container, they will last over two years. I tend to be extra careful with my stash, and check on it periodically. Assuming they remain crisp, like crackers, they are fine. If they start to go even the slightest bit floppy, which doesn't happen to me any more, I will chuck them through the evaporator again. They do not need to be frozen any more than dried fruit needs to be frozen. The trick is to keep moisture out.

I also use home made desiccant pouches, just to be safe. Go to the hardware store and buy a product called damp rid. It's essentially the same stuff they use commercially to preserve various food products. You know those silica gel packets?

No offence, but you're not the authority on the preservation of mushrooms. If you properly dry your stash and keep it in a vacuum-sealed container, with some desiccant pouches, you will not lose potency. Try it and get back to me in a year.

Can't wait for winter here in Adelaide, give me some subs!

Last edited:
It is better to let them grow for a while in terms of overall yield. That's easy for me to say, though, because I'm still going on my 2011 batch - and have no need for an immediate hunt.

Yeah there's only a few good spots around here. You can't really let them grow, because other people scoop them up real quick. It's annoying.

When the season properly kicks in, the mushrooms visit me in my dreams. I've had a couple of mild visions, but it's early yet. I'm going to give it another ten days or so.

Thats freaky, i have the same types of dreams as the mushroom season approaches, cant say ive had any yet this year though!

9b53eb60.jpg

4ac6b303.jpg

c611dfe3.jpg

Oh NSW I see .... Bit early for Melbs ... Maybe 2 more weeks before I make bus trips to crazy out of the way places and have a forage.

I love the word forage so much!

Definitely an exciting time of year.
I remember this time last year i was finding 3x more than season.
not sure if its the weather or too many pickers in my patches but it's kinda lame :(

^ pretty early days yet man, plenty of time still for this season to blow up. Personally I don't tend to even really start looking until its May.

Not sure if I will bother hunting this year, as I don't use psychedelics anymore as a rule, however I do actually quite enjoy going for long walks and looking for shrooms whether I use them or not so you never know.

Yeh I hardly ever use them these days.
They go well into things like chocolates, teas and honey at parties and gatherings :)

Lucky cunts, wont even take a drive down south here in WA untill june and even then we've jumped the gun by a few weeks!
Good fun though. Beautiful fucken country down there.

Fair bit of rain and cold weather at the moment, should be good news for us west aussies.

Status
Not open for further replies.