PDA

View Full Version : Mushroom Season 2012

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12

tripnotyzm
01-05-2012, 02:58
Thank god for this forum. I'm a noob. Never had mushrooms, but very keen to try it. I live in Adelaide, and go to Melbourne regularly (infact i'm going next week, for 8 days). A couple of quick questions:
1) Has mushroom season started? I know they generally come out in winter... but it has been very cold lately.
2) If so, where can I find them? [specific location discussion not allowed - answer in general terms]
3) I want to minimise the risks of taking a poisonous species. Once I pick them do i upload photos of them on shroomery.com or other websites to get an ID of them? What method to beginners use?

Really appreciate your help.

1) - It has definitely started in NSW (pretty infrequent findings compared to last year imo)..
I have been told people are beginning to find subs down around melbourne too. It's still vaguely early, but they are around.

2) - Look in pine forests, eucalyptus forests, woodchip parks, grassy area's next to woodchip parks etc etc. I like to look down near river beds and stuff, cold damp darkish spots generally hold alot of success.

3) - It would be a good idea to take a photo and upload it to shroomery (or in here).. Im sure someone could guess what species it is but you should never rely on somebody else's opinion when judged from a photograph.
My advice - find an experienced shroomer to show you the ID'ing ropes.
There's sub lookalikes everywhere. I have nearly been fooled multiple times this season and i have been hunting for about 4 seasons now.

so yeah.
get somebody experienced to show you the way.
put your photos up online for a second opinion.
don't carelessly rip mushrooms from patches & collect only what you need :)

ForEverAfter
01-05-2012, 03:19
Showed someone how to hunt yesterday.

There are thousands in Victoria already. More than I am physically capable of collecting.

Verybuffed
01-05-2012, 03:27
3) - It would be a good idea to take a photo and upload it to shroomery (or in here).. Im sure someone could guess what species it is but you should never rely on somebody else's opinion when judged from a photograph.

We don't do ID's here. Post them up at the Shroomery.

ForEverAfter
03-05-2012, 06:43
I go mushroom-hunting, in the pouring rain. Cars drive past me constantly. I am hunting on the side of a major road. It is early morning. People are going to work. It is cold. I am wearing a thick jacket and a full brim hat. There are so many mushrooms that I can’t pick them all, but I don’t want to stop. I don’t want to just leave them there, to rot. My jeans and jacket are soaked through, my hands are so cold that it becomes difficult to pick up the mushrooms; yet I force myself to continue. In less than an hour, I pick well over a thousand mushrooms. The duffle bag is a quarter of the way full. I start to get anxious about the possibility of being confronted by police, or Vic Roads or something. The longer I go on, the higher the chances of being arrested are. The quantity of mushrooms I have is way beyond the legal definition of personal use. I notice the bag is getting heavy. There’s something like three to five kilograms of fresh mushrooms in there. Every time I take three steps, I find another cluster; each one bigger than the last. I am already going to be late for university; so I force myself to stop. I’d estimate that I picked maybe one third of the adult mushrooms in the patch. Probably less.

I walk back to the train station. Everybody is huddled under a small area of shelter. I stand out, in the rain. I am already soaked; I can’t get wetter. The interconnecting bus is ten minutes late. I stand in the rain again. People looking at me curiously, as they huddle together under the bus stop shelter. Same goes for the tram. I lean my head back and stare up into the cloudy sky. The rain feels good on my face; I open my mouth and drink it as it falls. When I get to university, I duck into the toilet before going to class. I am twenty minutes late, but I’m busting for a piss. The problem is: I can’t operate my fingers. It is impossible to unbutton my pants and pull my zip down. My hands are frozen solid. So I put them under the hand dryer for a couple of minutes. I still can’t unbutton, or unzip; eventually I manage to rip my pants open. Then I’m faced with the dilemma of not being able to button them back up. It takes me two or three minutes. It is a struggle. It feels like my hands are prosthetics, like they’re inanimate. I stumble into class, and drop the duffle bag beside my desk.

Tomorrow, I will return to the same spot, to collect the rest.

8ft-Sativa
03-05-2012, 07:00
is this in the inner suburbs? ... if so I leave tomorrow :D

ForEverAfter
03-05-2012, 07:51
Outer, I'm afraid.

DeathDomokun
03-05-2012, 10:05
I took some photo's of some inactives I found in the back yard today because this thread had no life, now you're here telling awesome stories about thousands of shrooms and ripping your pants off and it just seems silly of me to post the photo's, but I'm going to anyway because mushrooms don't need to make you trip to be cool. They actually look a little like subs
http://oi46.tinypic.com/161necn.jpg

Nozphexezora
03-05-2012, 10:41
Mushrooms are an interesting spectacle of nature, particularly the Amanita Muscaria. Has anybody come across these specific mushrooms?

Captain Brewster
03-05-2012, 10:52
^ shitloads.

Scary looking things, I've been told to steer clear of them ones.

More of them around, out in the open then anything else.

loiterus
03-05-2012, 11:04
Has anybody come across these specific mushrooms?

There's fields of them growing as far as the eye can see in pine forests near where I live.

Here's my haul of P.Subs:

http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss22/friedricey/011.jpg

http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss22/friedricey/015.jpg

http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss22/friedricey/007.jpg

Not kilos but enough to send 7 people into space and beyond.

It was the most intense experience of my life on my first trip on 3.5g of these guys. I ended up gaining a way better understanding of language, death, birth, existence and ego within a span of 3 hours - more than what I have learned whilst working overseas, being a legal practitioner, escaping death, spending 11 days on a boat adrift in the middle of the South China Sea without food and petrol etc...

All the fears, happiness, thoughts, sensations just melted into an orgasm of interstellar proportions and shooting out of my physical body etc. Definitely opened my third eye and changed all my perceptions of my existence/reality. :)

WarChild
03-05-2012, 12:32
For me it was weird... I searched for 2 or 3 seasons and found NOTHING.. then the next season i somehow tuned in and found them all over the place, everywhere I went, even in the tambark gardens where I work. They really do grow all over the place in Victoria. I did have trouble finding them when I lived in Canberra though, but maybe that was just me - its a dry city and also has sub zero temps overnight which is too cold? I found a bunch in the melb eastern suburbs ni a park, while I was working on Monday but frustratingly couldn't pick them as I was with work colleagues. Might go back and see if they're still there tomorrow.

Qustion though - what would you say the dates are for the Melbourne season? I've been told its Mothers day to Fathers day (so basically all of Winter) but then i've been told by experienced pickers that they stop growing in the middle of winter as it gets too cold for them?

Another question - how do you store your shrooms? Dry them? or put them in honey? I dried a big batch I had and it shrank down to NOTHING which seemed wasteful, so the next tme we stored them in honey which worked for 2 jars but the 3rd jar had too much liquid in it from the muchies and it went gooey and fermented so we had to chuck them away.

Third question - are there any other species apart from Subs growing in Melbourne? I've never seen any but people talk about 'blue meanies' which i've been told are different?

I think maybe this season i'll buy a de-hydrator machine and shred the contents down to powder and put them in capsules.

This is all funny given i don't like mushies that much haha, only small doses.

WC

drug_mentor
03-05-2012, 12:50
Why does shrinking seem wasteful dude? Its just waterweight you are losing, there is a slight potency loss but if you dry it correctly then this should be minimal. Dried mushrooms are about one tenth of their wet weight, but they are only slightly less potent than eating the same amount of mushrooms fresh. What is really wasteful is when you don't dry a large amount and they turn to mush...

I used to just store my shit in plastic clip seal baggies, don't know that it is the best method but it always worked fine for me.

You can't put exact dates on the mushroom season, multiple factors will influence when it begins and ends from year to year.

In Melbourne you get Amanita Muscaria which contain deleriants (I think muscimole and ibotenic acid) as opposed to psilcoybin found in Psilocybe Subaeruginosa. You also get some kind of gymnopolous I think, often referred to as 'laughing gyms' iirc these contain psilocybin like P. Subaeruginosa do but in quantities small enough to not generally be considered worthwhile to hunt for/pick. Other than that I am not aware of any other active mushroom species in Victoria, unless you want to count potential subspecies of Psilocybe Subaeruginosa.

ForEverAfter
03-05-2012, 12:59
Mushrooms are an interesting spectacle of nature, particularly the Amanita Muscaria. Has anybody come across these specific mushrooms?

Muscimol is my favorite drug. I have only ever had one successful (fully transcendant) experience from Muscaria but it was fucking amazing. More intense than DMT. Having said that, Amanita Muscaria will either kill you or fuck your major organs up if you don't know how to prepare it. So, be careful people; and never attempt to consume Muscaria without a dedicated trip sitter.

what would you say the dates are for the Melbourne season? I've been told its Mothers day to Fathers day (so basically all of Winter) but then i've been told by experienced pickers that they stop growing in the middle of winter as it gets too cold for them?

There are no specific dates. Generally, the season runs from late April through to late August. Though, I've found mushrooms as early as mid-April and as late as October.

how do you store your shrooms? Dry them? or put them in honey? I dried a big batch I had and it shrank down to NOTHING which seemed wasteful, so the next tme we stored them in honey which worked for 2 jars but the 3rd jar had too much liquid in it from the muchies and it went gooey and fermented so we had to chuck them away.

If you are going to store them in honey, dry them first. Personally, I don't see the point in the honey method since you have to dry them anyway - and that does the trick. Once dried - properly, so that all moisture is gone and the mushrooms are cracker dry - store them in an airtight container with some dessicant. In Australia dessicant is available in hardware stores under the product name 'Damp Rid'. It doesn't cost very much. It's the same stuff that you find in food products, often called 'Silica Gel'. Do not put the dessicant in direct contact with the shrooms. It should not be consumed. Get an old t-shirt or something and create a pouch. I just use a stapler to seal it. Put a tablespoon of dessicant inside the pouch, seal completely with stapler (or needle and thread) and drop the pouch into the airtight container with your mushrooms. They should last around two years.

are there any other species apart from Subs growing in Melbourne? I've never seen any but people talk about 'blue meanies' which i've been told are different?

It is best not to use slang terms for mushrooms, as they - potentially - lack specificity. I have found Psilocybe Cyanescens in Victoria if that is what you mean. Though I think you're probably refering to Panaeolus Cyanescens, which I'm not familiar with; apparently they grow Australia wide - I have probably walked right past them a number of times without ever bothering to investigate.

The most common, widespread, psychedelic fungi in Victoria are Subs. Cubensis next. Then others.

drug_mentor
03-05-2012, 13:06
^ I have never heard of Psilocybe Cubensis being found in Victoria, is that really possible and would that mean you can get shrooms almost year round down here? I don't even trip anymore just genuinely curious as I thought that you pretty much got subs down here in terms of viable psychedelics, not saying you are wrong though as it is years since I read shit on the subject.

WarChild
03-05-2012, 13:06
Ah yeah - i thought that Cubensis liked queensland and dung and warmer more tropical weather? and also that they were brought here by boat and cattle imports and were never native to Aus? I tried to grow Cubensis from spore filled syringe many years ago and fucked it up. It is the easiest to grow as it is more resistant to competing spores and bacteria etc.

Are the Cyanescens the brown curly tops? I'd say these are the blue meanies my friend is talking about... i've no idea when they grow or in what medium though

The season this year seems early. Those in Melbourne will know how wet we've had the last few days. I reckon Sunday will be good for picking.

DeathDomokun
03-05-2012, 13:38
Muscimol is my favorite drug. I have only ever had one successful (fully transcendant) experience from Muscaria but it was fucking amazing. More intense than DMT. Having said that, Amanita Muscaria will either kill you or fuck your major organs up if you don't know how to prepare it.
I've been interested in Deleriants for a little bit, and if I come across any Fly Agaric during my hunting this season you can be sure I'll be picking it up.
Was this experience through eating it or smoking it? How did you prepare it?

WarChild
03-05-2012, 15:01
I've only heard bad things, Fly Agarics are up there with Datura as a deliriant - so yeah you're tripping but you lose the ability to know what your seeing and experiencing are drug induced.... doesn't sound nice. And yeah from memory also physically toxic in some way. I think the best way to consume is to peel off the red skin and dry it and then smoke it??

Esotericism
03-05-2012, 16:53
Having said that, Amanita Muscaria will either kill you or fuck your major organs up if you don't know how to prepare it. So, be careful people; and never attempt to consume Muscaria without a dedicated trip sitter.
Maybe if you decided to eat a few dozen of the things. The difference in drying is the ibotenic acid becoming muscimol so reduces neurotoxicity as well as nausea. Even if you don't dry it you are just going to get sick, hardly organ and life destroying.

laugh
03-05-2012, 22:10
Panaeolus cyanescens caps 1.5 - 4cm broad. hemispheric to campanulate to convex at maturity. margin initially translucent-striate when wet, incurved only in young fruiting bodies, soon opaque and decurved, expanding in age, becoming flattened and often split or irregular at maturity. light brown at first, becoming pallid tray or nearly white overall with the centre regions remaining tawny brown, soon fading. cap cracking horizontally in age with irregular fractures and in drying. flesh readily bruising bluish. grows scattered to gregariously in dung in pastures and fields. widespread in most semitropical zones - Stamets

good luck smoking mushroom!

i have never seen cubensis further south than Newcastle, doesn't mean they don't be there though

there is evidence to suggest people were storing their fungus in honey 7,000 years ago.

happy friday!!!

Verybuffed
04-05-2012, 04:46
good luck smoking mushroom!

He was talking about Amanita Muscaria not Psilocybes.

ForEverAfter
04-05-2012, 07:16
Psilocybe Cyanescens are not "blue meanies", hence the importance of correct terminology. Panaeolus Cyanescens are "blue meanies" though I have never bothered to pursue them given the massive amount of psilocybes.

I have found cubensis in (country) Victoria many times.

Those who say muscaria is not worth trying, without ever bothering to try it, obviously don't have any idea what they're talking about. It can be smoked but the effect is so mild that it is not worth it. Better to prepare and eat six or seven large caps along with a couple of grams of psilocybe shrooms. Again, if incorrectly prepared muscaria is deadly.

Captain Brewster
04-05-2012, 07:25
I was under the impression that Amanita Muscaria were extremely dodgy, and only a certain sort if person (someone not so worried about living too long) would eat them.

I might be completely wrong, it's just what impression I've got. If someone else has different views or positive experiences, I'd like to know about it.

RaveOne
04-05-2012, 07:35
I was under the impression that Amanita Muscaria were extremely dodgy, and only a certain sort if person (someone not so worried about living too long) would eat them.

I might be completely wrong, it's just what impression I've got. If someone else has different views or positive experiences, I'd like to know about it.

you just have to know how to prepare them (i think its peel the skin off and bake them dry then eat, as the heat converts the "poison" (the shit that makes you sick) into the active ingredient) i would never touch them you've just got to read the trip reports on the net to know its basically a world of pain.

Edit: just saying this off the top of my head and could be wrong. please correct me if so.

pumpndumper
04-05-2012, 07:52
Hey Guys, I've been on bluelight for years but have forgot my details. I don't think this will break any forum rules, but could I please get some opinions on storage safety/viability etc on this preperation method... Any safety concerns, maybe varied dosages across the chocolate?

Basically what I was thinking of doing is going for a pick, coming straight home and preparing a highly concerntrated mushie syrup so to speak and mixing that with melted chocolate then re-solidfying chocolate before consuming. Let me know if this would all be correct methods:

1. Simmer mushrooms with plenty of water for a good hour, maybe a bit more. Not have it a full boil just a few bubbles coming up.

2. Scoop out shrooms and then filter juice with a tshirt or something into another pot.

3. Continue to heat the juice until it reduces to a tiny amount, like half a centimetre deep in the normal sized pot (for a bach of say 200 - 500 shrooms).

4. Melt a block or two of chocolate in a bowl rigged up in a double boiler fashion. Work out how many shrooms/chocolate for desire dose. Aiming for one small piece is a dose.

5. Mix shroom concerntrate with chocolate and continue to heat and mix around for a good bit on a lowwww heat just enough to keep it melted.

6. Set the chocolate in a mould or something in the freezer.

7. Eat one piece :)

This is all theoritical so let me know what you guys think. Saves having to dry them smelling, costing money for electricity if you use heat etc... and I imagine can be stored for a long time?

ForEverAfter
04-05-2012, 08:15
Muscaria is unquestionably the most beautiful and intense hallucinogen I've ever ingested but, yeah, there is the nightmare factor. Its like a six hour DMT trip. So strong that it can be terrifying at times.

catching fish
04-05-2012, 08:39
I haven't started hunting yet this season (im in Sydney). Waiting for some solid rain to hit and hopefully I can find enough for me and my friends. Look at pictures of subs always gets me in the mood for hunting. Great fun, especially when you strike gold!

Sustanon
04-05-2012, 09:32
Do any of you guys take prints or clone?

DeathDomokun
04-05-2012, 13:56
Just gonna vent here, so most of you will want to stop reading right about now.
I dislike this superiority some drug users think they have. From Cannabis smokers talking about cigarettes being poisonous filth to hallucinogen users looking down on stimulant/depressant users.
First I was agitated by all the hate DXM gets, most people would call it a shitty drug and say it's not worth doing, etc. Then with MXE popping up a year and a half a go or whenever, much more people started using dissociatives whilst DXM remained stigmatised and generally shit on.
There's similar bullshit with Amantia Muscaria. I mean delirium is delirium. Deliriants aren't "feel good" drugs, but talking down something without even experiencing it is just absurd. Telling people not to experience something because you didn't take anything from the experience is just as bad.
Please stop hating on drugs, it is just as bad as a misinformed law abiding citizen looking down at illicit drug users with cigarretes in their pocket and a beer in their hand.
The hate and disdain is only making things worse. Don't you want the world to be a better place? With rainbows and butterflies?
Spread love guys. Peace and tranquillity, let's spread our informed opinions with love and peaceful intentions! Let's destroy our misinforming arrogance with information, and present that information in a loving and gentle manner! Peace out brother, much love <3

ForEverAfter
04-05-2012, 14:37
I agree with you. The misinformation surrounding Muscaria (don't call it Fly Agaric; you are basically calling it fly spray or pesticide) is ridiculous.

You have to be a psychonaut to appreciate muscimol. It's not for people who are just looking to get high. The problem is people take it with the expectation that it will make them happy; they take it as if it is just another recreational drug. It is God.

i would never touch them you've just got to read the trip reports on the net to know its basically a world of pain.

It is not a world of pain. It is God. A lot of people are not ready for God, so they find it upsetting and unpleasant; but that is their doing not the drug. The drug is beautiful.

Edit: just saying this off the top of my head and could be wrong. please correct me

Done.

Maybe if you decided to eat a few dozen of the things. The difference in drying is the ibotenic acid becoming muscimol so reduces neurotoxicity as well as nausea. Even if you don't dry it you are just going to get sick, hardly organ and life destroying.

Upon doing some research, it seems that you are right. I always thought that Muscaria was potentially liver damaging. I was wrong.

I've only heard bad things, Fly Agarics are up there with Datura as a deliriant - so yeah you're tripping but you lose the ability to know what your seeing and experiencing are drug induced.... doesn't sound nice.

Please don't describe the effects of a drug you have never consumed. From my experience, it was far greater than nice. Majestic. Extraordinary. Life changing. Unbelievable. And I was aware that what I was seeing was part of a transcendant spiritual experience. The delerium comes in waves. You go in and out of an astral dream state. I "brought back" information from the other side.

funtinghungi
04-05-2012, 16:11
there is a christmas tree farm near my house, what are the possibilities of anything growing there?

DeathDomokun
04-05-2012, 17:08
Go for a walk and have a look for yourself?
Also I can't believe I've missed that delete button the whole time I've been on BL .________.

laugh
04-05-2012, 23:37
i always assumed people dried amanita muscaria then cooked in warm water blah blah blah. thought attempting to smoke it was a waste? you must be a pro eating six or seven large caps plus a couple grams of psilocybes :)

i dont recall anyone calling psilocybe cyans. 'blue meanies'? thanks for your info though

besides making you deliriant and warping reality what did god teach you? how to live a better life, how to be happier?

i have never done spores or clones myself thats why i was asking about the dude with the foam box down in melbs. i prefer bush bud and i prefer bush fungus, mother knows how to do it better than any humanoid

ForEverAfter
05-05-2012, 04:00
Are the Cyanescens the brown curly tops? I'd these are the blue meanies my friend is talkin about...

This is what I was referring to. Will answer other questions later when I'm not using my phone to type.

laugh
05-05-2012, 04:16
my apologies, your eyes are better than mine good sir! and i look forward to hearing insight from god :)

mushroom chocolate sounds good

mushroom ice cubes go alright too

ForEverAfter
05-05-2012, 07:43
Preparation of A. Muscaria:

1. Set your oven to the lowest setting possible. Cover a large oven tray with alfoil.

2. Separate caps from stems. Cut stems in half, vertically. Lay caps and stem cross sections out across tray.

3. Place in oven. Do not close oven door. Pay close attention as they cook. The caps will, most likely, leak fluid. The stems, most likely, will not. This fluid needs to be frequently reapplied to the caps. Use the caps and stems to mop up the liquid as if you are mopping up curry with a naan. Once you have mopped up the liquid, turn them over so the wet side is up.

4. They will leak again, and again. Repeat step 3 until they stop leaking.

5. Leave the to cook until they shrivel up and harden. When they are mostly dry, take them out of the oven and grind them in a blender or (preferably) coffee grinder. Place the powder into a pot full of boiling water. Simmer gently for 30-60 minutes.

6. Drink the soup. Some people say to do this slowly. Personally, I think it is best to do it quickly if you want to achieve the full effects. Keep in mind that it is extremely difficult to ingest, far more so than cough syrup or mescaline cactus juice.

Be warned: You must either consume it with a trip sitter (highly recommended) or (if that is absolutely impossible, and you insist upon tripping it anyway) create a safe environment. I am intending to do a solo Muscaria mission in the next month or so. I will be locking myself in a room with two buckets. One bucket for vomit, the other for piss. The purpose of locking myself in is so I don't wander out into the middle of the road. Muscaria takes you - mentally and spiritually - to another plane of existence, while leaving your body behind. Potentially, very dangerous.

As for what I gained from my encounters with said dimension: I was always a really anxious person. I never believed in anything. Muscaria changed this. I had a series of visionary experiences, all thematically related, that seemed to convey a message. The message is indescribable. My words will not do it justice. But I'll attempt, in order to give you an indication. The visions pertained to the cycle of life. I felt myself die and come back to life repeatedly. I saw myself die. At one point, I was stacked on a column of human bodies surrounded by millions of other columns of human bodies. They were not dead or alive. They had yet to come into existence. I, too, had yet to come into existence. When it was my turn, I felt myself being born - spiritually. I felt the breath of God, inflating me from flesh into life. My lips, my fingers, my hands. I changed from 2-Dimensional to 3-Dimensional. The hallucinations were not only visual (in the sense that I could vividly see the entire underworld in all it's splendour and detail) but also auditory and SENSORY. I was in that dimension in every way that we are in the world. It was more real than any dream, more vivid than any hallucination and more emotional affecting than any experience I have ever had. More, not by degrees; more, infinitely. After I came to life, I felt myself die; and, I understood that this was the nature of existence. I was at peace with my mortality and the recycling nature of the universe. Another vision involved me falling through a void, only to appear at the top of the void when I reached the bottom, and start falling again. The same feeling of "the cycle of life" and a snake biting it's own tail and the lack of fear of my impending death was ever-present. This falling vision is inherent to Muscaria. I have read countless accounts of the same vision. As far as "delerium" goes (I hate that word; it is man-made and inappropriate) at one point I came out of a vision, struggling to explain to my wife that I had discovered the meaning of life and the secret to time travel. The vision that pertained to time travel is hazy. It was beyond my conscious mind. I understood it in the other dimension, but could not possibly put it into words. I remember it involved, in some way shape or form, a door. I suspect that time travel is a misinterpretation of the fourth dimension as a linear plane of existence. That is, given the cylical and infinite nature of the universe, we are always travelling through time. We are both heading towards the past and the future, always. Because the snake bites it's own tail.

When the experience ended - it appeared to last forever, as if time had stopped completely - four to six hours was like a year - I had an immense sense of spirituality and oneness with the universe, which has not left me. This was many years ago. Maybe five years ago. I don't know, precisely. Since then, I have not felt the need to repeat the experiment until the past six or so months. It was so immensely satisfying and eye-opening that I don't need to do it day after day, year after year. Most drugs, by comparison, offer no such satisfaction. There is no lasting effect to psilocybin mushrooms. You take them, you feel something; then when you're sober that something goes away. Muscaria is not like that. It is truly mind expanding. It stays with you.

I had a dream last week, in which I found a field of Muscaria toadstools. Over the past six months I've been tempted to revisit that incredible dimension, but at the same time apprehensive. Unsure, if my desire to return there is a pure desire. Or, if I just want to be awe-struck. The dream was the precursor to my decision to revisit that incredible place. When I woke up, the decision had been made. There no longer was any apprehension. It is time, to go back. In many ways, now, I am much more atuned towards such an experience than I ever have been. I want to meet God for all the right reasons. Since that day, so many years ago, I have come a long way on my spiritual path.

"Delerius" and "warped reality" are not accurate descriptions of the muscaria experience. I have seen many people fail, because they are not ready and/or cannot consume the soup/stew. Even if you manage to succeed: it will, most likely, make you rather sick. Reality will not be warped. Reality will cease to exist. You will not be delerious. You will be divine.

I hope that satisfies your query.

ForEverAfter
05-05-2012, 07:59
I don't understand why everybody says that all of the information about Muscaria is negative. As I said, I've read many accounts about the incredible and divine qualities of this substance.

I just went on erowid and looked up the Muscaria experience vault. Here's a snippet from the second account I clicked on (note how similar it is to my own):

What occurred next can best be described as an intense confusing epiphanous dream. The only clear part of the dream was flanked by (what felt like) hours of forgotten dream sleep bespangled with trips to the toilet. Since I can’t remember much of those flanking regions of time I will attempt to describe the central clear spot. The dream was furiously fast and likened to a loop, a cycle, even a Mobius Strip. Within each section of the loop I was presented with some scene, or slide, like a frame on a strip of film. Each scene which unfolded wasn’t very tangible or definable; but that didn’t seem to be the point. The point was the significance of each scene and its apparent effect on my emotional state which was becoming that of a rollercoaster ride.I would react with the most intense horror or ebullience I’ve ever felt. This intensity of emotion felt truer than ever before – like all my feelings in my normal sober waking life were soft betrayals of what I really felt inside, emotional misdemeanors I unconsciously perpetrated against myself . With each repeat of the loop a new “scene” would be added at the end and I assumed the role of investigator trying to solve the mysterious loop. And as each new scene was added I felt like I became more and more aware of what I was being taught, of what the point of the whole thing was, and I began to feel that the loop was a revelation of some beginning – the beginning of time, or biologically-defined life, or the universe – the whole loop unveiled a history in reverse chronological order. As I became more and more aware with each time around I began to anticipate the last scene with simultaneous anxiety and hope that the last scene would settle all my doubts and fears of God (akin to finding out when you die you will ascend to heaven) or that mankind is doomed to fail miserably and forever remain outside the good graces of God.

If muscimol was a "deleriant" than why are there such cohesive similarities between users? More so than ANY other psychedelic I've ever heard of.

The message of muscaria is so strong that it is undeniable. It is the opposite of a deleriant. It is claritant. I am convinced that Muscaria played a huge part in the development of human consciousness and religion. I consider it to be the most important and valuable substance on the face of the planet.

ForEverAfter
05-05-2012, 08:09
http://www.neurosoup.com/amanitamuscaria.htm

Nozphexezora
05-05-2012, 10:35
Thankyou so much for this information. Wow. I've been searching for some psychedelic experience since the summer of 2009, and I've had dozens upon dozens of chances to take LSD and psilocybin - but the plans were foiled. My parents are leaving for three weeks soon, perhaps I should lock myself in my room and take a small dose in hopes to revive my artistic nature that I once had in my during Highschool. Unfortunately, due to the fact that I have no real friends - other than workmates, I'll have to trip alone. But I think I can manage with a small dose. I never thought amanita muscaria was so powerful, and it is used so often in historical and religious context. When I trip on this in the coming months I'll be sure to let you know how it went. Also, are these mushrooms found in forests in general? Is there a particular climate for it? Thanks in advance.

ForEverAfter
05-05-2012, 10:47
Muscaria is not for beginners. Take psilocybin first. Locking yourself in a room and taking the strongest trip there is would not be what I'd call an entry level experience. Please reconsider. This is why people give it a bad name. Because they aren't ready. Its like climbing Everest before climbing the tree in your back.

Nozphexezora
05-05-2012, 10:52
I said I was going to consume a minimal dose. What's with the freaking hostility in this forum lately?

ForEverAfter
05-05-2012, 11:20
There was no hostility in my post. There is no minimal dose. You can't half transcend. You either cross that threshold or you don't. Failure to launch is unpleasant. It is not like drinking three beers. What you're suggesting is a bad idea. Trust me. Try entry level psychedelics first. Do muscaria next year, when you're ready for it.

Nozphexezora
05-05-2012, 11:23
You just said that my idea is the very reason why people frown upon a drug, it's as though you're accusing me of being the stereotypical youngster who is just trying to get as high as possible. Not only that but you assuume that I'm incapable of handling my self control while under the influence of this drug. Forget it, maybe I will leave the Muscaria for another time; that is, of course, assuming my artistic nature hasn't been snuffed out by then. If that's the case then I'll just leave the drug to the pseudo shamans.

DeathDomokun
05-05-2012, 11:49
Were your experiences with psilocybin containing mushrooms and A. Muscaria or Muscaria on its own? What does the psilocybin add to the experience?
I hope I come across some Muscarias this season.

ForEverAfter
05-05-2012, 11:57
Noz,

Muscaria will not renew your artistic nature. Psilocybin might though. I didn't call you stereotypical or young. You said you were inexperienced. This drug is not for the inexperienced. That is all. It may not seem like it to you, but I'm trying to help. The tone you are detecting is not there. I never said anything about self control. It is simply a good idea to approach this particular experience with caution and a general understanding of psychedelics. I apologise, sincerely, if I offended you. Much love.

ForEverAfter
05-05-2012, 12:05
Psilocybin seems to increase the likelihood of a fully transcendental experience for whatever reason.

just_said_coke
05-05-2012, 12:42
I'm confused about the seasons? Can I drive out of Sydney somewhere right now and go looking (assuming rain pattern etc)? What might help specifically for Australia/NSW in terms of identifying which mushroom types would be more likely to occur where, and why?

ForEverAfter
05-05-2012, 14:40
Yes go look now.

Wikipedia has good habitat and distribution maps for country areas. Shroomery is also a fantastic resource.

headdah
05-05-2012, 22:13
cold and cold and wet and wet.

I think this I might have to get out my hunting shoes early than normal this year and give it a good polish and go for a bushwalk this weekend coming ;D

laugh
06-05-2012, 00:26
thanks for all the info. how many times have you done muscaria?

its funny you mentioned the bit about the snake, i had a very similar vision on a good dose of subs. a couple years ago, il never forget it.

those neurosoup vids are pretty good but the chicks a bit caught up in herself imo, sounds like she had enough lsd to swim in, maybe I'm just jealous

free william leonard pickard haha

DeathDomokun
06-05-2012, 03:48
I really really dislike her. LEATHERrebelJUSTICE is where it's at.
You gonna be heading north or south headdah?