Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushroom Season 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went out for my mushroom hunt in QLD last week and found a good supply of both Cubes and Blue Meanies.

Heading out again tomorrow, hope to score another decent amount.

dont bother looking for shrooms here in SA until maybe end of may yo :)

basically guys, start hunting, when i start posting photos ;D

no point going hunting be4 its nice and cold and wet

I had quite a decent look for subs last year in Canberra with no luck but with all this rain there are just a ridiculous amount of mushrooms growing everywhere I go.

Will all this rain mean a good sub season in a few months time or will it depend on how much rain we get once the cold weather hits?

Not sure how this season will be, its been raining everyday where I am for the past 5 months. It haults mushroom growth. Water only initiates pinning but once the primadora has formed and water touches it it will stunt the growth and it will either rot, mutate or not grow at all.

Found quite a few small inactives after a couple of days rain

Can't wait till it gets a bit colder

Last edited:
I have had the same weather conditions where i am at although everywhere i look is some kind of fungi. Are you referring to actives or all fungi in these conditions?

yes i agree, the last big rains we had here about a month ago I kinda knew it was going to be the last pick of the season, luckily i got enough for the rest of the year on that pick so i'm not even going to bother looking again till next season.

theres been so much rain around sydney/western sydney recently.
got a feeling its gonna be a very fungi season

More finds today! Northern Melbourne Suburbs.

Found alongside a main road, which is very busy. There was a bit of rain last night, but i was not expecting anything at all considering it was almost 30 degrees yesterday. I'm quite puzzled :S

These are the same as the ones i found last week, posted earlier in the thread, and are definitely inactive.

http://imageshack.us/g/337/img0236qe.jpg/

Last edited:
wow, didnt know victoria started this early... will have to get my gumboots on :)

More Subaeruginosa finds today! Northern Melbourne Suburbs.

Found alongside a main road, which is very busy. There was a bit of rain last night, but i was not expecting anything at all considering it was almost 30 degrees yesterday. I'm quite puzzled :S

These are the same as the ones i found last week, posted earlier in the thread, and are definitely active.

http://imageshack.us/g/337/img0236qe.jpg/

Although we don't do mushroom ID's here I feel it is important to point out that the mushrooms you have posted are not Subs.

Yeah man, a fair lot of rain here in SE QLD, I'll go out for a search tomorrow, I'll report back on Sunday, the morning sun is great! :)

Although we don't do mushroom ID's here I feel it is important to point out that the mushrooms you have posted are not Subs.

Thank you, waiting on spore print to put up an ID request on shroomery

Shouldn't have assumed they were subs :/

Edit: Someone beat me to it, inactives. Still good to see though

Last edited:
Found quite a lot of panoleus cyanescens today. Sun barely came out, and almost all were already taken, but still found some anyway.

Found quite a few today around Canberra, harder to find than in previous seasons but they're there. I assume that has something to do with the fact that people have been around already.

Will be eating a bunch tonight after work.

Status
Not open for further replies.