Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushroom Season 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree they really are pretty, the colours are gorgeous and intense.

Wow.. that was the most intense fear and paranoia I have ever felt.
I managed to get through it but sheesh.. never underestimate I guess.
I ate 5 of the big ones as a first stupid dosage, alone whilst sick, with family in the house.

It was a very interesting learning experience about the bad side of things.

Where is your drying method located?

Here's the spore print btw, already got them all ID'd at Shaman Australis and Shroomery
IOdn0.jpg

Grab a sealable plastic tub place 6 plastic cups upside down one in each corner and some in the middle of the contaniner. Buy some Calcium Chloride (Damp rid) and pour it into the tub. Buy some splatter screens from the asian $2 shop that u use to cover ur frying pan when frying bacon and eggs. Place shrooms on the screen and close lid and forget about it for a week then re-open it and u will have cracker dry shrooms with no potency loss or oxidation. All this will cost u no more than $10.

Nice print by the way but ill show u how to do it fool proof. I have made hundreds of prints before. Good idea to make a glove box and work in that or if ur really serious get a HEPA filter. Wipe down a drawing pin with alcohol swipe and a razor blade. Slowly gently cut the shroom under the gills then place it on a piece of foil that u have wiped down with alcohol. I saw that u have used paper, in mycology we dont use paper for spore prints ever as they can easily tear when scraping the spore prints and ull end up having paper in ur spore solution/agar agar or whatever method ur using. I also saw you didnt cover the spore print at all allowing all sorts of nasty things to fly onto teh spore print making it very unsterile. When working with mushroom the number one rule is being STERILE.

Cover that print with a plastic or better a very clean glass cup (preferably brand new one) wipe the rim of it with alcohol swipes then fold the alcohol swipe into 4 and place it under a small part of the rim so it allows a tiny bit of air through so the print wont go moldy but it will still remain sterile. Make sure that you place the sterilized foil when you start into a see through plastic tub that has been cleaned out with iso alcohol, that way nothing will be able to get into it and u will also have a nice view of the developing print. If you are going to make spore solutions then u will need to build a glove box anyway. If you are up to that stage I will write u the best fool proof way to build one without having to spend alot of $$. Hopefully this will all help u, good luck man:)

PS: leave that print there til it gets super dark, usually takes 12-48 hours for it to drop, thats not done yet!

Nice print by the way but ill show u how to do it fool proof. I have made hundreds of prints before. Good idea to make a glove box and work in that or if ur really serious get a HEPA filter. Wipe down a drawing pin with alcohol swipe and a razor blade. Slowly gently cut the shroom under the gills then place it on a piece of foil that u have wiped down with alcohol. I saw that u have used paper, in mycology we dont use paper for spore prints ever as they can easily tear when scraping the spore prints and ull end up having paper in ur spore solution/agar agar or whatever method ur using. I also saw you didnt cover the spore print at all allowing all sorts of nasty things to fly onto teh spore print making it very unsterile. When working with mushroom the number one rule is being STERILE.

love your work & advice dude :)

question though, can one do a serious mycology course outside of a university i.e. TAFE? What sort of stuff do you learn in em? are they interesting or just a lot of grind and boredom?

to be frank i'm not even interested in eating wild magic mushrooms. My family went picking for some slippery jacks etc last year and lets just say I reacted badly (bottom, toliet, 48 hours) to them despite everyone having good ole time eating em. The experience has put me off eating wild mushrooms.

but I just love mushrooms full stop. I must have a zillion photos of em. my favourite childhood book was, yep you gussed it, about mushrooms. I think its time I learnt more about em.

Last edited:
Please take those shrooms out of that bag ASAP unless you want it to go mouldy!!! Putting wet shrooms into baggies? Thats a big big NO NO.

my friend dries his in a bag with a load of desiccants each winter.
his shrooms are completely mould free, last a year and dry faster than they would if we left them to dry on newspapers.
needless to say, you gotta have a shitload of desiccants for this to work!

anyway..
winter is fast on the approach!!!
i can't believe it's nearly been a year already!
gonna have to order some easter egg chocolate moulds from egay'

@ Divine Moments - spore prints for mounting or decoration can be set using hairspray wafted from a safe distance.

Howdy all
Just wondering if i was looking in the blue mountains are subs alls im after.Also would looking in the pine forrest be my best bet.Any info would be sweet as im very keen to do some hunting once the season kicks off

love your work & advice dude :)

question though, can one do a serious mycology course outside of a university i.e. TAFE? What sort of stuff do you learn in em? are they interesting or just a lot of grind and boredom?

to be frank i'm not even interested in eating wild magic mushrooms. My family went picking for some slippery jacks etc last year and lets just say I reacted badly (bottom, toliet, 48 hours) to them despite everyone having good ole time eating em. The experience has put me off eating wild mushrooms.

but I just love mushrooms full stop. I must have a zillion photos of em. my favourite childhood book was, yep you gussed it, about mushrooms. I think its time I learnt more about em.

Thanks man:) Im not really sure man you could try an advanced mycologist and plant pathologist course at Uni or tafe. I studied overseas so cant give u too accurate information regarding that subject here. There are a lot of online resources where I gathered a ton of information, Shroomery is a good site too, wish I could tell u my user name and see my status, reps etc there but I have to keep it secret:) Once you get into it you realize its not always just about getting high, you learn so many cool things and its just awesome and the best part is its rewarding. Im not too fond of wild mushroom eating, I will pick them, check there spore out but thats about it. Id rather take my own ones which I know what they are, the exact strain and the way it was grown. Mushrooms are one of my favorite things growing on this planet they are so unique compared to other things, they have always been fascinating:) Shoot me any PMs if you have any questions or post it here:)

Howdy all
Just wondering if i was looking in the blue mountains are subs alls im after.Also would looking in the pine forrest be my best bet.Any info would be sweet as im very keen to do some hunting once the season kicks off

-During the season, yes, subs are basically all you will be looking for. Although there are some other great edible non-hallucinogenic species growing around that time also, such as 'Lactarius Deliciosus' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactarius_deliciosus

-You should be able to find them in both pine forests and eucalyptus forests. From past experience i find they grow alot more the further into the mountains you go. But having said that, you can find them basically anywhere at the right time & in the right environment.

Sweet thanks for the info.I have a few spots i think might be promising.Now the waiting game begins.

Im actually based beyond blackheath and have a few old timers pointing me to some areas that might be of interest.Must say im starting to get very keen to say the least.

Lets avoid discussing results at specific locations as that aint really allowed. DeathDomokun I can tell you without living in that state that there ain't been shrooms in SA for months. Sub season starts up in the next couple months so if your keen to trip get reading. ;)

Yeah, I know subs are here in winter, I was just curious as to whether that'd be far enough from the city or not. Thanks all the same for the advice, I'm pretty confident about my knowledge :)

Hey if im finding lookalikes does this mean that i will find subs in this area once weather permits ?

Nope, it really depends on the environment your looking in. Ive got shrooms growing on my front lawn that look similar but its def not a psilocybe LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.