Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushroom Season 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok well today there were so many all over the paddock it was just overwhelming :)

There were these huge ones at the edge of a line of trees that had caps as big as a laptop, seriously, I have never seen any gold tops as big as those ever, at first I thought no way they are cubes man, must be some freak kind of other shroom, but they were gold, they had a skirt, they were growing from cow poo and when i kicked one over the stem instantly went dark blue, scary as hell, one of these wet would weigh a few ounces, just incredible.

Ounces?! Holy crap man! I need to get picking, the weather has been absolutely perfect.

So everything I've read on cubes in Australia seem to say SE Queensland or Northern NSW, is the any hope in Newcastle? I know a guy that picked a few he found growing days after rain, but growing off wood and didn't really trust them... All kinds of different mold starting to grow.

Last edited:
Cubensis can grow off wood too but its not that common as pan cyans or azurs. If its moldy I wouldnt go anywhere near it.

Probably going to go looking in the ACT area today, so SE NSW? I suck at geography.
All I knows, is the weather has been perfect, and I'll be heading to the same spot that has never let me down with seasonable weather. Will post again tonight, hopefully while my computer talks to me.

^ ACT is pretty much South Eastern NSW, not ages North of Far Eastern North Victoria. I would be surprised if you find anything other than winter shrooms (Psilocybe Subaeruginosa) in the area, but I have never hunted outside VIC so I could be incorrect on that... Assuming I am correct though it is a little bit early to be looking for this type of Psilocybe.

I've just done 4 days of continual shroom tripping, re-dosing every 6 hours smoking rue seeds at the peaks.....

i think I'm going to have a lie down now :)

was a hell of a weekend though !

heys guys just wondering if it would be pointless hunting a little west from canberra, say riverina area?. and if so should it be psilocybe subaeruginos or others species around this time of the year?

yeh it was pretty intense, i didn't plan on it spreading out over that long but I'm really glad I just went with the impulse to keep going, by day 3 it was getting a bit weird though lol

for the last 12 hours of it I was on this really nice spaced out platform of bliss, I think the rue seeds really helped to keep it moving and not turn ugly, the visuals were the most intense I've ever had on shrooms, about 10 minutes after the first rue hit everything just exploded into fractal madness :)

The strangest part was a mind blowing experience, I'd never smoked rue seeds before and while I was waiting for the effects to kick in I was starting to wonder what it was going to do, a was thinking I hope it doesn't push it in the wrong direction and I was frowning, then i felt all the muscles at the sides of my face start to do this weird involuntary twitching and it was like something was forcing my mouth into this enormous smile, there was nothing I could do about it and it just kept pulling at my face until I was grinning like a Cheshire cat, then i heard this voice say "there you see, nothing to worry about, now we can start:" and I felt completely relaxed and totally reassured, I'm sure it was the spirit of the rue talking directly to me, it was strange but a really beautiful thing.

Last edited:
I'm going for my 3rd search now... I'm not sure if I'll find any, but I plan to start on Saturday whilst on Methylphenidate.
It's rainy here in SE QLD, and I'm not even sure if I'll find anything, but there is a place where the mushrooms are known to grow, so I will have my first real search in a field that has been lucky enough to produce these things before :)

I just hope the sun pops out for a bit.

Ok you are soooo right, drying them in a cardboard box under a fan is a much better way of doing it, thanks man for talking me into trying it, I owe you some mushies anytime you want some for that advice.

cheers

Haha anytime man :)
Ahahah I would love some of those beauties!

Jaurk, please if you succeed in locating psilocybe mushrooms on methylphenidate restrain from using them until the next day. Take it from me that the combination of CNS stimulants and tryptamines can be quite unnerving.

OK drug_mentor, I'll wait till the weekend after, thanks for that.
I'll edit this post tomorrow arvo to see if I find anything! :)

G'day guys, I finally did it... found some shrooms, possibly.

-All found in cow shit.
-All blue meanies (Except for that weird one in the middle
-All bruised blue
-Spore prints are happening as of 2 minutes ago.

Getting it ID'd at shroomery: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=15860391&page=0&vc=#15860391

So glad the sun popped out for the morning.

rstRH.jpg

sRKXy.jpg

hXbLx.jpg

C0VGB.jpg

ejXtW.jpg

WVySB.jpg

ALBUM: http://imgur.com/a/uaJzD

Please take those shrooms out of that bag ASAP unless you want it to go mouldy!!! Putting wet shrooms into baggies? Thats a big big NO NO.

Yup took 'em out just then.
I hope they'll still be OK, just got them on some paper on my wardrobe.

Good stuff. Did u look into my drying method? Cupboard or drawer wont work, itll just turn black, slimy and mouldy.

Where is your drying method located?

Here's the spore print btw, already got them all ID'd at Shaman Australis and Shroomery
IOdn0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.