Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushroom Season 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this is considered HR..

I looked back through my notes and discovered that I actually grew this from mycelium, not spores.

During season
=============
Find some properly identified, overly mature, scungy mushrooms in the wild that are not good to eat so as not to waste good mushrooms. They may be maggot infested or half snail eaten, etc. Doesn't really matter. If there are spores caked on the surrounding vegetation then grab those too. When picking those mushrooms grab them right to the bottom and even pick up a piece of the wood chips/bark that it is growing on. There should be a bit of mycelium on there. Please don't do this when picking mushrooms in general and only do this sparingly because you don't want to disturb the mycelium if you can avoid it.

Make a mixture of half brown rice flour, half vermiculite in a plastic take away container. Add boiling water and mix. Let cool and add the bottom of one of your mushroom stems and any spores covered leaves, mycelium covered wood chips/bark you found. I didn't really worry about sterility that much other than adding boiling water to the flour/vermiculite mixture. Put the lid on the take away container and place somewhere where there isn't too much light and where it is a moderate temperature (say 10-15 degrees C). Maybe in the cupboard in a cooler room of the house.
Check about every week and water to keep it moist. I would occasionally get some pink moldy spots growing but didn't really worry about it too much.

Within a week or two mycelium will cover the entire container. Obtain a plastic shopping bag and half fill with wet pine chips. Dump the contents of the take away container into it. Shake it around a bit then tie it closed and leave in the same conditions. Soon enough the mycelium will be throughout the chips.

Obtain foam fruit/veg box. Half fill foam box with potting mix. Cover with your special pine bark and add some organic fertilizer (mycelium goes NUTS with organic fertilizer). Plant one or two grassy plants like mondo grass in the box too - I've noticed that fruit tends to pop up around these sorts of grasses.

Over the next 6-9 months
========================
Fertilise occasionally and add dead leaves, sticks and any other dried mushrooms that you went to eat but visually fail the John West test (I'm not saying unidentified ones, just ones that were a bit too snail eated or just didn't look appetising). Keep moist. The mycelium may not be visible at all during the warmer months. Don't throw your foam box out even if it looks like a failure - no matter how weird your household thinks you are for keeping that 'stupid foam ecosystem with stupid mondo grass' around.

The following season
====================
Be surprised when even though your regular spots haven't shown results early in the season a check on your foam box results in some nice small Subs! Remember to properly identify the ones you grew yourself.

Last edited:
I hope this is considered HR..

I looked back through my notes and discovered that I actually grew this from mycelium, not spores.

During season
=============
Find some properly identified, overly mature, scungy mushrooms in the wild that are not good to eat so as not to waste good mushrooms. They may be maggot infested or half snail eaten, etc. Doesn't really matter. If there are spores caked on the surrounding vegetation then grab those too. When picking those mushrooms grab them right to the bottom and even pick up a piece of the wood chips/bark that it is growing on. There should be a bit of mycelium on there. Please don't do this when picking mushrooms in general and only do this sparingly because you don't want to disturb the mycelium if you can avoid it.

Make a mixture of half brown rice flour, half vermiculite in a plastic take away container. Add boiling water and mix. Let cool and add the bottom of one of your mushroom stems and any spores covered leaves, mycelium covered wood chips/bark you found. I didn't really worry about sterility that much other than adding boiling water to the flour/vermiculite mixture. Put the lid on the take away container and place somewhere where there isn't too much light and where it is a moderate temperature (say 10-15 degrees C). Maybe in the cupboard in a cooler room of the house.
Check about every week and water to keep it moist. I would occasionally get some pink moldy spots growing but didn't really worry about it too much.

Within a week or two mycelium will cover the entire container. Obtain a plastic shopping bag and half fill with wet pine chips. Dump the contents of the take away container into it. Shake it around a bit then tie it closed and leave in the same conditions. Soon enough the mycelium will be throughout the chips.

Obtain foam fruit/veg box. Half fill foam box with potting mix. Cover with your special pine bark and add some organic fertilizer (mycelium goes NUTS with organic fertilizer). Plant one or two grassy plants like mondo grass in the box too - I've noticed that fruit tends to pop up around these sorts of grasses.

Over the next 6-9 months
========================
Fertilise occasionally and add dead leaves, sticks and any other dried mushrooms that you went to eat but visually fail the John West test (I'm not saying unidentified ones, just ones that were a bit too snail eated or just didn't look appetising). Keep moist. The mycelium may not be visible at all during the warmer months. Don't throw your foam box out even if it looks like a failure - no matter how weird your household thinks you are for keeping that 'stupid foam ecosystem with stupid mondo grass' around.

The following season
====================
Be surprised when even though your regular spots haven't shown results early in the season a check on your foam box results in some nice small Subs! Remember to properly identify the ones you grew yourself.

Cool concept and tek, the write up is good but id actually modify it a little bit. Its really really important when dealing with shrooms is to keep things very STERILE. Now what you described can be made in a very simple way. You dont need much mycelium or spores to do this tek as spores are microscopic size. You actually only need 2 tiny spores with good genetics to succeed (there are millions if not billions of tiny spores in a spore print for example that can grow into mycelium and then into a mushroom and I will tell you how. This is my preferred method:

Obtain the print, clone (little riskier) or mycelium. Make a LC (liquid culture). Things needed: a small jar with few holes in lid, some pillow fillings (looks like cotton buds but not as dense, used for a filter which is inserted into a bigger hole nice n snug), light malt extract (the lighter the better to see mycelium growth, found where they keep beer making supplies). Add one spoon of malt extract to 100ml water and mix then pour into the jar with the filter and holes on top. Wrap it in foil and boil it for few hours or better option is to pressure cook it for 20-30 mins. Now we have a medium for the mycelium to feed on (as well as other bacterias and mold if not sterilized properly). You can either innoculate the medium with a spore syringe (Im sure u will find a lot of teks out there on how to make one) or some live mycelium (needs to be very sterile) tip: never ever boil or sterilize mycelium as you will kill it completely.

Once done place at 27-28c for the myelium to feed on the medium and then once myelium starts growning wait until the top part is filled with mycelium, then place in a fridge to preserve it for many months to come. You can use this to segment mycelium (meaning agar agar work or etc to select the best/strongest growing mycelium) or directly innoculate a spawn. Make sure it is only bright white and no contamination is visible or does not smell foul.

You can pasteurize horse/cow poo and vermiculite even some coconut fibers/husk with proper moisture content (plenty teks on this too) in a strong bag and boil for few hours then once cooled innoculate that with your mycelium or spore solution place on 27-28C, keep in dark for few weeks until mycelium has covered the entire substrate (poo and vermiculite) then place it somewhere clean making sure no contamination is present, open it up and watch them grow, expect yields of kilos upon kilos. This tek wont work with outdoor loving species unless you add wood chips into the mix. Some mushrooms need a solid surface to grow on. Any questions shoot me a PM or ask away here, will gladly help.

First time on shrooms last night. I had 3.5g of semi fresh one's and was tripping balls. It total deconstructed my reality and my ego. One of the most intense times of my life after cheating death in a motor vehicle accident.

Tonight I'm having 32 grams, fresh. Were they almost completely dry?

3.5, semi, doesn't sound like much.

I had pins there. I know we shouldn't pick pins but my friend didn't know at the time.

I just wanted to reach stage one effects but ended up experiencing stage 4-5 effects. My friends around me were saying that I said I felt like dying 7 times lol.

Didn't eat for 7 hours and downed it with OJ - it came on hard and I was completely unable to function.

How much does an "average" sized mushroom weigh? I'd feel much safer and confident eyeballing shrooms than other drugs, so I'd love it if someone could give me a little bit of a reference/guideline.

thanks for that brainticket and sustain.

^ what is your idea of average size death.? do you mean of a specific species? meanies are generally quite a lot smaller and woodier than goldies.

maybe try drying and grinding your fungus, then you can just way out fairly even doses. a first timer might start with 1g, while someone comfortable with the mushroom, well they will know what they want :)

keep in mind meanies are generally stronger than goldies.

best way is to eat the little beauties freshly picked from the earth.

I'm talking about subs, or gold tops if that's what you wanna call them.
I don't know what my idea of average is :\
I'm hoping to lemon tek 35-40g fresh when I find some, winter only just kicked in here. I might make a tea, idk.
I'm gonna have to dry the rest of the finds obviously, or else they'll go mouldy, but I want my first trip to be from fresh shrooms.

How much does an "average" sized mushroom weigh? I'd feel much safer and confident eyeballing shrooms than other drugs, so I'd love it if someone could give me a little bit of a reference/guideline.

How long is a piece of string? haha on a serious note its quite hard to say. Really depends on what mushroom we are talking about, the method and substrate it was grown with, genetics and a number of other factors. Like I mentioned before in a previous thread. Dump some damprid into a big tub, elevate a screen (think frying pan splatter) on few plastic cups for example then place shrooms on screen, cover it up then forget about them for 3-4 days. The shroom will be solid cracker dried. Very minimal loss of potency with no staining either. Ive had some shrooms that weighed 70-80g wet but most are usually 1g-40g wet (excluding aborts of course). My pan cyans were a lot smaller in size though. No need to eyeball them, I personally suggest waiting that few extra days to be sure about dosages.

I'm talking about subs. The thing is, I don't have a scale at the moment, which is why I asked. How would having them dried make me sure about the dose?
Also, as far as damprid/desiccants, where would I buy it? Would Woolies/Coles sell them or would I have to head to Mitre10/hardware stores?

I'm talking about subs. The thing is, I don't have a scale at the moment, which is why I asked. How would having them dried make me sure about the dose?
Also, as far as damprid/desiccants, where would I buy it? Would Woolies/Coles sell them or would I have to head to Mitre10/hardware stores?

Mushrooms hold 90% water so when you dry them they will be obviously a lot less in weight. Its always handy to have some scales when dosing instead of counting and eyeballing them instead as the weight of the shrooms will always be different. Desiccants wont do anything for drying shrooms, they are just good to keep them dry once they are dry. You will find damprid in most supermarkets near the cleaning products.

Yeah, I know they lose a lot of weight, but I was under the impression for every 1g dry you should take 10g fresh.
I know it's safer and smarter to use scales, but for the time being, especially with something like shrooms, I feel okay eyeballing. Maybe I'll just start off with a few and then gauge how much to take from that experience.
Two other questions though, first being about mushroom tolerance. How long will it last? Approximately
The second being, with the drying, when you say cover it do you mean like using a tupperwear container or just putting something over a containing (not worrying about air as much)? I assume the former, but I'm just milking you of your knowledge :D

gold subs!
put a hippo in a container with your shrooms and seal.
then just eyeball them :\
whats lemon tech?

Last edited:
I'm talking about subs, or gold tops if that's what you wanna call them.
I don't know what my idea of average is :\
I'm hoping to lemon tek 35-40g fresh when I find some, winter only just kicked in here. I might make a tea, idk.
I'm gonna have to dry the rest of the finds obviously, or else they'll go mouldy, but I want my first trip to be from fresh shrooms.

I hope you are experienced with mushroooms as lemon tek roughly triples the effects of mushrooms, so be careful. *EDIT*After rereading that you haven't tried mushrooms before I would suggest NOT doing that much in a lemon tek for your first time. Even 40 grams wet is a pretty big starting dose. Think about at least halving that dose. You don't know how you will react.

Subs are stronger than cubes (both can be referred to as gold tops). I assume you are refering to subs as it is coming into winter. Even 10 grams of fresh subs should have you feeling effects for your first time.

As for drying you can put them in front a fan overnight to get rid of most of the water. Then seal in a container with damp rid to make finish off. If you can snap he mushrooms then they are dry enough. If not they will rot. Keep mushrooms off the damp rid as it is caustic and you don't want to ingest mushroom soaked in chemical.

laugh- Lemon tek is taking ground up dried mushrooms and mixing into lemon juice. Roughly triples the trip ie 1gram lemon tek equals 3 grams dry.

Last edited:
I hope you are experienced with mushroooms as lemon tek roughly triples the effects of mushrooms
laugh- Lemon tek is taking ground up dried mushrooms and mixing into lemon juice. Roughly triples the trip ie 1gram lemon tek equals 3 grams dry.

Where did you read the info about the Lemon Tek tripling the dose of mushrooms?

IMO experience it was done so that the actives could be extracted from the solids therefore eliminating some of the body load and nausea from the experience. Also with the conversion being done before the liver stage there was further reduced body load.

Status
Not open for further replies.