Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushroom Season 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
People have asked how to track mushrooms. As far as I'm concerned there is no short-cut. You need to put in the ground work. Humans have been hunter-gatherers for a long time. We have inherent abilities to seek out fungal/plant life. A shark can detect a drop of blood tens of kilometers away, among a vast ocean of salt water and other species, etc. If a shark could speak, I'm not sure that it could explain in words how it does this. Some things are beyond words. We, as a species, have abilities that can be unlocked. In order to unlock them you just need to try. They are there, waiting. Using logic to find mushrooms is not neccessarily the best way to do it. I use a combination of logic and instinct, conscious and sub-conscious thought. I am not conciously aware of the sub-conscious aspect of my hunting technique. Therefore, I cannot explain to you how to taste the earth and track mushrooms. You already know how to do it. Use your senses. Don't try to think about it. Just do it. There is no short-cut to being a good hunter. However, if you live in Melbourne and you want some tips about where to look, send me a private message. I can point you in the right direction. The best way to learn how to hunt, is to hunt. Go out there and look. Don't rely on someone to tell you how to do it. The shroomery will identify anything you pick up. It is a fantastic resource for mushroom hunting. Every year there are state specific pages devoted to the identification of mushrooms. Go find some mushrooms that you think might be actives, verify them on shroomery. And repeat. Most people think I'm crazy when I talk about the instinct part of mushroom hunting/gathering. When I go on hunts, I gently brush leaves and twigs out of the way to expose mycelium. Mycelium is white. It looks sort of like spider webs. You will know it when you see it. You don't have to dig to find it. It is close to the surface. Just brush the surface canopy away and reveal the mike network. Then rub your fingers on the surrounding dirt and taste it. You don't have to eat dirt. Just touch your tongue against your fingers. You will taste the network. The problem is, you need to understand what nature tastes like in general. I chew on leaves of plants all the time. I have tasted all sorts of mushrooms including the poisonous ones. I do this intentionally, to familiarize my sub-conscious with nature's pallette. You don't have to do any of this to be proficient at finding mushrooms, but it helps. You can find shrooms quite easily by using logic. By looking. I also suggest consuming a small amount of psychedelic fungi in order to enhance your vision. This, again, people think is crazy. But hallucinations increase colour intensity. They increase contrast. I find it much easier to see mushrooms against the landscape of various shades of brown, once I am hallucinating slightly. Emphasis on slight.

this is going to be a very dumb question but im new to this so pleas excuse me, but where abouts on the shroom does it bruise blue, on the stem ? or on a cap
asking for gold tops and blue meanies as these are the ones im going after
thank you

Any part of the mushrooms can bruise on the stape or pileus. Its due to the oxidation of the active compounds. Sometimes gentle touching of the mushroom or others will play a part. Its always a good idea to be gentle with it as this can effect potency.

I'm thinking of going out for a hunt in the next couple of days in Melbourne. Does anyone think it will be worth it?

this is going to be a very dumb question but im new to this so pleas excuse me, but where abouts on the shroom does it bruise blue, on the stem ? or on a cap
asking for gold tops and blue meanies as these are the ones im going after
thank you

along the stem and slightly on the cap, usually along the brim (border) of the cap, it will turn blue/ish when lightly squeezed.
be warned! last week i found multiple mushrooms which looked the same & also bruised, but it was the fine details inside the stem which made me and my friend realize they were no no's.
so best get someone experienced to show you the way first.

I'm thinking of going out for a hunt in the next couple of days in Melbourne. Does anyone think it will be worth it?

Since you're a beginner, I would wait for a week. There are mushrooms at the moment, but you probably won't find them just yet. It's best - generally - to hit the season, once it's kicked in properly. The first big cluster will appear in the next fortnight...

tripnotyzm brings up a good, and often neglected, point. A lot of people I've talked to assume that if something bruises blue that it must be active. You should know every characteristic of the mushrooms you are searching for. Not just the colour they bruise. I have found non-active mushrooms that bruise a bluish-green colour; but the other characteristics didn't fit. The veil, the colour of the gills. In order to be safe, learn everything there is to know about actives. You must be absolutely one hundred percent certain that they are active before you consume them.

http://www.shroomery.org/8474/Mushrooms-That-Bruise-Blue-Green-and-are-Not-Active

We're having lots of cold, rainy weather here in Melbourne lately.

What kind of clothing is recommended for mushroom hunting? I'm not much of an outdoors person.

We're having lots of cold, rainy weather here in Melbourne lately.

What kind of clothing is recommended for mushroom hunting? I'm not much of an outdoors person.

An old pair of jeans will reduce the scratching from blackberry bushes and long sleeves to keep leaches off your skin. They drop from the trees in some areas.

I would like to hunt around where I am 30 minutes from Baltimore but I'd probably just pick the wrong ones and die :(

We're a bunch of Aussies man. Head over to Shroomery for some info more relevant to your interests.

'Tis not the season in the States.

Don't wear outlandish rave costumes. Be as inconspicuous as possible. Not, so much, to avoid legal consequences of wandering around with large amounts of illegal drugs stuffed into your pockets; rather, to reduce public awareness of mushroom hunting. And yeah, long sleeves/ long pants.

Hi there, new here, just wanting to get in on the harvesting side of things. Has anyone got any pointers, and other assorted pearls of wisdom to share? I've not once tried to forage but I'm very keen to learn and make the most of the season, I'm not really sure where to start looking, I'm in the St Kilda/Prahran area of Melbourne but I'll go anywhere if there's a good chance of finding some good ones!!

I can recommend you take your address out of the location as this is a public forum.
Look where there is nature. Go to page one and check out subs.
Melbourne has plenty of good ones.

I could be wrong, but due to the rain and weather in Melbs recently the season may be fruiting very soon!

yeah its been hellllllllll cold. yo.

I think me and a friend we're gonna go for a stroll have a looksi at the envirement today sometime. Although I dont think we'll find any actives, but my friend seem to think, rather determined actually, to think the shrroms are gonna pop up hell earliy this year.

So thats why we might go for a stroll today

A-town is where I am btw

^wicked!

The temp sure is dropping. Sydney has been f'kn colder than usual this past week.
:-D

My foam box 'ecosystem' in SE Melb has spouted a few Subs when I checked today. :)
I put spores at the end of season last year. I'm stoked!

thats the ticket brainticket :)

can you briefly run us through your ecosystem system and how you have developed it?

Status
Not open for further replies.