Mushroom Season 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are digging yourself deeper.

It is indeed possible to clone subs.

What you said here is wrong:

all of this sun is shit for mushrooms

And here:

I'm sorry Sustanon, but seriously, that's bullshit.

Nothing Sustanon said was remotely "bullshit". Nice choice of words, by the way. I guess that's your "black humour" again?

You made baseless assumptions about Sustanon, which are evidently incorrect, comparing him/her to an ignorant guy that you met on a hunt.

You're totally reminding me of a guy that I saw at one of my patches once telling me that I was too late because he'd already picked all the "gold-tops" a few days earlier as if a patch only fruits once a year. This was literally about six weeks after the first flush. He also told me that I was too late because it was getting too cold.

Clearly Sustanon knows more than you. I understand how that might be embarrassing given that you are some sort of self-proclaimed expert. But maybe you should quit while you're behind.

Nice condescending tone here Sustanon.

Condescending? After you alluded to his/her ignorance and referred to factual comments as bullshit?

Maybe read a few more of my posts before making enormous assumptions.

Take your own advice.

And seriously it is entirely obvious that you're talking about growing mushrooms inside.

The conditions required to grow mushrooms indoors and outdoors are essentially the same. The distinction you are making is meaningless, in the context of this discussion. Moisture is moisture.

I'd be happy to wager that I'm just as well read as your excellency.

I wouldn't.

I have even found them as late as September.

Congratulations. I've found them in October.

It all comes down to environment and weather. "Mushroom season" is an arbitrary compound noun, it doesn't start and finish on particular dates.

Nobody is arguing this with you. However, if you want me to be pedantic - why mention September if the calendar is arbitrary?

And finally, Sustanon, my question regarding sunlight and mushrooms outdoors. If "mushroom season" begins in May, as so many people say, and the Earth's orbit defines the hours of sunlight we receive and also the sun's position in the sky (you do understand this don't you?), how can the sun be responsible for making the mycelium fruit if the dates of "mushroom season" change each year? The angle of the sunlight and the hours of daylight are different every single day of the year. You make it sound like you believe that the mycelium waits for a particular day (hours and angle of the light) and then it fruits.

Sustanon didn't even refer to the calendar indirectly. I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Nobody made it sound like it waits for a particular day. The fact that the seasons change year to year is obvious. I don't know why you keep repeating it.

This is all very funny and my tone is meant to be humorous.

The only thing humorous about your posts are the fact that they are hypocritical and repeatedly erroneous. Oh, and the fact that you got owned.

You're out of your element, Donny.

You are digging yourself deeper.

It is indeed possible to clone subs.

Notoriously difficult is not the same as impossible. Did I say impossible?

You made baseless assumptions about Sustanon, which are evidently incorrect, comparing him/her to an ignorant guy that you met on a hunt.

Hardly, I acknowledge that Sustanon knows his shit when it comes to growing mushrooms. My further response was based upon others misreading my anecdote about the guy I bumped into in a manner that suggested I used the term "gold-tops" and that said guy was a friend of mine.

Clearly Sustanon knows more than you. I understand how that might be embarrassing given that you are some sort of self-proclaimed expert. But maybe you should quit while you're behind.

Self proclaimed expert?!? I am an expert in a particular field, but I AM NOT a mycologist, and don't mind admitting it. However, I have read extensively, and enjoy doing so. Also, I am experienced when it comes to finding mushrooms.

Condescending? After you alluded to his/her ignorance and referred to factual comments as bullshit?

Erm, it was tongue in cheek. Did you notice the ;) ? I'm hardly offended and also won't feel hurt if it turns out I was incorrect in my interpretation of Sustanon's post.

The conditions required to grow mushrooms indoors and outdoors are essentially the same. The distinction you are making is meaningless, in the context of this discussion. Moisture is moisture.

Wow, who would have thought it? Moisture is moisture, but aren't we talking about sunlight?

Congratulations. I've found them in October.

Because my purpose was dicksizing. ;)

Nobody is arguing this with you. However, if you want me to be pedantic - why mention September if the calendar is arbitrary?

Because it is completely arbitrary. September was a referent to ground the point that there is no specific season. September (or October if we take your late find as an example) occurs later than "mushroom season".

Sustanon didn't even refer to the calendar indirectly. I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Nobody made it sound like it waits for a particular day. The fact that the seasons change year to year is obvious. I don't know why you keep repeating it.

Erm, the original post was in reference to previous posts in which others alluded to specific dates. Also, I interpreted Sustanon's post regarding sunlight as if he were suggesting that it was a particular amount of light (which would entail a date) that made them fruit. In which case, my question (misinterpretation?) makes more sense, does it not?

The only thing humorous about your posts are the fact that they are hypocritical and repeatedly erroneous. Oh, and the fact that you got owned.

You're out of your element, Donny.

Nice appropriation of "owned". Aren't linguistic trends fascinating? And who is Donny?

And this one:
all of this sun is shit for mushrooms

should have been stated: "all of this of this warm weather is shit for mushrooms". As in, subaeruginosa will not fruit with these temperatures.

Nice appropriation of "owned". Aren't linguistic trends fascinating?

Nice use of sarcasm. Isn't patronization fascinating?

I interpreted Sustanon's post regarding sunlight as if he were suggesting that it was a particular amount of light (which would entail a date) that made them fruit.

So dates aren't arbitrary, then; you associate sunlight with a particular date, as illustrated above. The assumption that a relative level of sunlight entails a particular date is from your brain, not anybody else's. Keep on digging and contradicting yourself.

Erm, it was tongue in cheek. Did you notice the ;)? I'm hardly offended and also won't feel hurt if it turns out I was incorrect in my interpretation of Sustanon's post.

Actually, there was no ;). You said bullshit. You also compared Sustanon to someone who you later referred to as retarded. No ;) in either example. But, even if there was, indirectly calling somebody a retard isn't tongue-in-cheek even if you wink while doing so. It's not black humour. It's not funny. It just makes you look like an idiot.

I have grown weary of your efforts to reverse time.

Moving on.

This is not what I would expect from psych lovers!

This place is to learn and spread info, query and discuss. Not argue and flame.

Apologies y'all. I was a little trashed when I first started this shit and it was totally unwarranted.

Continue fungiphiles.

How's this for a statement: Come July, I can find mushrooms - in any suburb of Melbourne - within one hour. People who struggle to find mushrooms are either lazy or stupid. Those are the only explanations. People are capable of tracking animals across vast wildernesses. It is much easier to find an inanimate object that grows out of the ground than it is to find an animal. You don't have to be a tracker to find mushrooms. During the peak of the season, I can smell them out. I can taste the earth and now if they are within a certain distance. So can you. People tell me "there's no mushrooms in my area" because they couldn't be fucked finding them, or learning how to find them. They go for a little wander in their local park and expect to stumble across a batch. Get down on your hands and knees. Get familiar with the earth. Read some books. Then tell me it's quite the comment.
Well how about sharing some of your knowledge in the mushroom thread instead of calling people stupid/lazy when they can't find any? I'd assume people in this thread are here because they want to hunt mushrooms (and argue....) so why not contribute?

I, too, would love to know how to taste the earth in aid of finding mushrooms.

edit: Just thought I'd add, though my comment was made in jest I hold no hostilities! I'm brand new to all this stuff and do genuinely want to pick up as many tips and tricks as I can, because I'm keen as a bean on green to go hunting. :D

Last edited:
i second that lowHP as i am also new and wish to pick up as many things as possible, anyone around the brisbane area care to tell me anything?
or even better take me out on a search so i can learn
my friend is going to start growing but he wants to see what it is like first so we need to find some much appreciate if anyone could help me out with information

This has turned into a really hostile thread. It's a shame.

Yes, definitely a shame.

I, for one, am optimistic - the SA rainy weather is finally kicking in, although it's taking its time...
I'll be going exploring in a couple of weeks if there's enough rainfall :)

Good luck to everyone else <3

South Australian here, though in Northern SA.

In the next few days (I know, it's incredibly early, gimme a break) I'm going to go for my first "hunt" (AKA a bit of a casual stroll). I don't expect to find anything, but I'll get myself into the feel of it all anyway. There are a few farms and horsepaddocks around my area; should I look in there? Am I looking inside/around/under rotting wood and fauna, or in animal faeces?

In a few weeks, I plan to make a trip to Mt. Crawford and do some hiking. While I'm there I might look for some shrooms, has anyone had any luck there before?

Cheers.

^ Hey dude, Psilocybe Subaeruginosa are woodloving Psilocybes and you will not find them in cow shit. Basically wood chipped garden beds and well areasgardens as well as areas with lots of pine needles are a good start, the mushrooms tend to grow off these sort of areas I have never heard of them in cow shit. Also we can;t mention specific areas here, you will have to work that out on your own.

Ah, of course. I just read the first post more thoroughly and it explains it, shows why you read before you post. :eek: Cheers. :) I can post pictures here of whatever I find, right? It just can't be ID'd?

Ah, of course. I just read the first post more thoroughly and it explains it, shows why you read before you post. :eek: Cheers. :) I can post pictures here of whatever I find, right? It just can't be ID'd?

You can, though use your discretion and don't post more than you could hold in your hands 8) (unless they're still in the ground)

and yes, no IDs here (use shroomery for that)

this is going to be a very dumb question but im new to this so pleas excuse me, but where abouts on the shroom does it bruise blue, on the stem ? or on a cap
asking for gold tops and blue meanies as these are the ones im going after
thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.