• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Picture of my arm after missed injection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridethecircuswheel

Bluelighter
http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii11/bsrphoto/Mobile Uploads/?action=view&current=0113121755.jpg

Here's a photobucket link to a picture of my wrist after I just poorly injected into it. I'm so sick of doing this. The reason I'm posting is because it looks so weird and disgusting. Everytime I look up a picture of "missed vein" or "skin popping" and find pictures of people with slight redness on their arms. wtf??

Why can't I find any pictures that look like mine?

The thing is I wasn't even doing a "dope" shot I was juicing a cotton (when you take an already used cotton juice it) and i've noticed this happens when I do cotton shots. as you can see i shot it into my tiny wrist veins because i was missing everywhere else and didn't want to have tracks all over my arm.

I'd say that looks like a histamine reaction, possibly because you've tried to push too fast into a tiny vein, causing some of it to leak back under the skin. It's really easy to blow small veins, and you have to trickle in real slow cos the blood flow can only carry so much away. You're better going for larger veins. Rotating injection sites should prevent you getting track marks anyways. You have to hammer away at the same vein for quite some time to develop really noticeable tracks.

Thanks!

That makes a lot of sense. I do tend to do that. and that is probably the tiniest vein I could have possibly missed into. It's almost gone now.. but this is the biggest one I've ever had. It just looks so freaky. If I were to wake up with that on my body I would flip.

Again, thanks;)

Definitely a histamine reaction. Same thing happened to me just the other day. It went away in in about an hour. Good luck

WP

The reason why it looks this way is because of the tiny net work of the lymphatic system abosorbing the fluid and swelling and histamine release. I have also read on this board that micro scopic cotton fibers get under the skin and can really irritate the body.

Yep as others have stated deff histamine. That would happen to me basically every time I shot. I think the small amount of fluid on the needle when I pulled it out was the cause. It looks scary when it happens but goes away quickly.

I'd say that's a unanimous diagnoses right there.

Answered & closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.