• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Cocaine: History Between The Lines (History Channel Documentary)

Biovail

Bluelighter
Really interesting/informative documentary on the History Channel I had the opportunity to watch a few weeks ago. For such a large network, they do a great job of being completely factual about the War on Drugs. They present both sides of the issue with no pro-war bias at all.

Great watch! http://vimeo.com/34681775

Too bad most of what they air is Ancient Aliens 'n shit (don't get me wrong, that kind of shit is fun once and awhile, but why does the explanation for every weird thing about the past HAVE to be aliens?). I will look for this next time it comes around. Did you catch the marijuana one? Any good?

Erm, I don't think they mentioned aliens once.. Hence it being factual. Are you sure you're talking about the same thing as me?

And the marijuana one was very well done. Definitely had a pro-legalization message to it too.

^I think he's referring to most of their other programming, not the piece you're presenting.

that was pretty good. I liked how they showed distributors too I find that sector most intresting.

Yeah their message wasn't "cocaine is good". In fact they made it pretty clear that cocaine can be a problem. Their message was the the war on drugs is fucked, and its results are even more fucked.

And I found the distribution portion pretty interesting too. I had no idea that everybody from truckers to airport security were being paid off. Thei technology is pretty impressive as well.