• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Coming down off adderall , what alternatives?

vetticustoms

Greenlighter
Im ending my adderall usuage and I was wondering what are some things I can purchase from say GNC to still make me feel alright. I know theres nothing thats going to give me that kick like adderall but im afraid i wont be the same such as with work I paint all day , On adderall I stay focused and going for hours and hours so is there anything I can buy to keep me going ?

I wouldn't look for 'alternatives' so much as look for comedown 'dampeners'. You don't want to try and prolong the artificial kick, because it is going to end and the longer you try and pursue it, the more extreme your measures are going to have to be. NT wrote a great comedown checklist that I think would be well worth your time following:

• Don't binge, I know with amphetamines it can be hard not to, but accept the fact that eventually you have to come down, and the farther you push it, the worse the comedown is going to be.
  • Drink something with electrolytes in addition to water
  • Drink water
  • Try and consume as much food as you normally would, even if you're not hungry
  • Take vitamins, most importantly, vitamin C, the B-vitamins, and magnesium
  • Take a benzo or sedating antihistamine (diphenhydramine, hydroxyzine, promethazine, etc) when the comedown starts
  • Make sure to stay hydrated (think Gatorade, etc)
  • (for some people) smoking cannabis helps with the comedown, for others, it makes the anxiety worse
  • Take a melatonin tablet 90 minutes or so before you're planning on going to sleep.

appreciate the list but i have no problem coming off it , problem is i know when i do get off it i wont work the same so im looking for other options as stated above.

I felt this way also when I had to come off Adderall, but as it turns out I work better when I'm off of it. You seem to have a psychological dependance on Adderall just as I had, you will be just fine if not better once your off it. I'm only speaking from my own experience though, but I hope to encourage you a bit. Caffeine pills and the like are never going to stack up against adderall, that goes for 5 hour energy too. Just try living life without it, you will adjust.

I think some of the stuff mentioned in the list also contains the key for keeping your mind fresh in the long term. Throw in a healthy diet with that and there's no better solution shy of taking more drugs.
  • Drink water
  • Take vitamins, most importantly, vitamin C, the B-vitamins, and magnesium
  • Make sure to stay hydrated (think Gatorade, etc)

ive been jumping on and off of it and trust me my work is not the same , im an artist i paint all day and when im not on it im garbage. yes it may be a psychological dependence , so theres nothing out there to increase my focus?

If your stopping using amphetamines you shouldent be looking for something to replase them, as im sure there is a reason for why you want to stop. There is nothing that will replase the effects of stimulants, I suggest a healthy breakfast and good general diet, work out ( go to the gym) and get 8 hours of sleep every night.

if all else fails, COCAINE

Look into piracetam/aniracetam, l-tyrosine, sulbutiamine, l-deprenyl, acetyl l-carnatine, DMAE. It should be noted that with the deprenyl, some amount of l-amphetamine and l-methamphetamine result from its metabolism. If drug testing is at all in the picture, the ramifications of this should be obvious.

caffeine or ephedrine. when I stopped taking adderall for a while I would just drink a shit ton of coffee and pepsi max.

Switching stims is not going to help come down off adderall though, you'll just be coming up on something else.
Whenever I crashed from speed,coke or MDPV, there was really not much that you could do. Xanax will help, as will opiates, but these drugs are very addictive in themselves, and in the end, it's not worth gaining a dependance to benzos or opiates to soften the crash of amphetamines. There is no easy way to come down that doesn't involve other highly addictive drugs, and while the crash sucks, you will live. Taking supplements and vitamins, and keeping yourself hydrated is the best way to go. But I do empathize with the situation. I binged on MDPV for about 13 days straight, using 1000mg throughout that time. The come down was hell. I had benzos at mys disposal, and they did little to nothing to soften that crash. I just had to ride it out.

200mg caffeine with 1g l-tyrosine with breakfast
500mg Trimethylglycine(TMG) an hour later

Repeat that around midday

Yeah I could see ephedrine being effective, but as others have mentioned, you're not coming down off Adderall, you're replacing Adderall with another stimulant...which is counter-productive in the long run...

yeah i remember binging on pv for about a month with around 3 grams of stuff I had until it all ran out. I would only sleep after I would get really drunk. I don't really remember much of that month and I fucked up several relationships too. coming off that was literally the worst experience of my life. and other stimulants made it a little better for just a few hours and then I went back to feeling like total shit. even while still feeling the other stims. I kinda just layed in bed for two weeks and only left my house to go to important classes and the grocery store. coming off it though certainly taught me a lot about myself and completely changed the way I use drugs and my self control for the better.
coming off adderall, even after heavy use is not too bad imo. after a couple weeks off it it's easy to forget about the idea of even taking it. it's just when you use it sporadically in between trying to get off that it continues to fuck with your mood, drive, energy, etc... I got off heavy use by just drinking a lot of caffeine and being physically active working out daily and playing sports, something I wasn't doing prior.

Yeah Dextroamphetamine is a lot easier than PV. I find that I also don't suffer from paranoia and psychosis nearly as much.

All in all, I think that iv cocaine binges do the most longstanding damage for me.I was shooting coke almost daily for about three months straight last year, and I became so depressed when I stopped, that i got to the point where I really wanted to end it. It took about six months to come out of that haze.

I'll tell you what might sound silly, but works, 5 Hour Energy in the little bottles. I'm having a hard time getting my Adderall script filled, so I cut my dose in half to 10mg and use one 5 hour. Helps me. I've also taken them alone on weekends when I have a lot of side work to do.