• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe taking daily suboxen and 5-htp for mood?

Nightlites

Bluelighter
anybody tried the two before at the same time?

im on daily sub 2mgs. i remember before being on sub i was in a good mood for a while in general and i would get the small sub energy+mood boost from my dose after it kicked in 2hr after sublingual dosing n whatnot...

but im not getting even that really anymore...
ive been getting pretty depressed lately, i dont really want to do anything... its like i dont really have any drive to do anything, expessialy my "hobbies" i just dont get any joy from it...

im thinking of taking the 5-htp daily as a mood stabalizer. a few years back (around my raving days lol) i started takin it daily for a month or 2 and it worked amazing! i was really suprised how well it actully worked.

any other things i could try that might help, feel free to list it here :) im looking for any advise you all might have..
exercise?
and would the 2 be safe to take together?

ive heard a lot of people praising 5-htp. its really worth it? as far as the suboxone. try lowering your dose slightly and try another ROA. even though i have the film strips i still snort them. I just tried it out yesterday and snorted around 2 mg if that and felt the best ive felt in a while off suboxone. so today as well i snorted them and it seems to be working better and believe it or not it has a higher BA compared to sublingualy. so thats my advice for suboxone is youd wanna try something different with it. Excersixze does help as it releases natural endorphins similiar to an opiate effect (but dont expect much obviously) hence "runner's high" Im curious with the 5-htp as well.

If yu lower your suboxone dose you will probably get that nice energy back. When i was on two mg it was great but after a week I started to feel lethargic like you mentioned above. I lowered my dose to one mg, which I split in half taking.5 in the am and another in the pm. At this dose I don't get that apathetic feeling as much and since I take it twice a day rather than once, I'm able to feel pretty decent all around. That being said yu will feel a little craopy for the first three or four days before you adjust to the dose but it's really worth it in my opinion.

im on daily sub 2mgs. i remember before being on sub i was in a good mood for a while in general and i would get the small sub energy+mood boost from my dose after it kicked in 2hr after sublingual dosing n whatnot...

ive been getting pretty depressed lately, i dont really want to do anything... its like i dont really have any drive to do anything, expessialy my "hobbies" i just dont get any joy from it...

im thinking of taking the 5-htp daily as a mood stabalizer. a few years back (around my raving days lol) i started takin it daily for a month or 2 and it worked amazing! i was really suprised how well it actully worked.

any other things i could try that might help, feel free to list it here :) im looking for any advise you all might have..
exercise?

Why did you stop taking the 5HTP supplements? If you found that, in the past, they've worked well for you, I would definitely continue with the daily dosage of them!
I, too, take Suboxone and 5HTP. I find that the two together work well! I would really give this a try!

I know its difficult to do anything, fun or not, when feeling depressed or lethergic.
One thing that I have been doing since I quit slamming dope is just saving money weekly and at the end of the week on a weekend, I will buy myself a gift :) its usually just a new pair of platforms, a fancy meal at a nice diner, or a new piece of gorgeous vintage jewelry (obviously I am a woman).
Its my way of saying "good job" to myself. I reward myself for NOT using.
I get to spend money that would have just went in my arm. It just feels nice.

Staying busy helps! I know that you've heard it a zillion times.
I used to roll my eyes when people said it, but its fucking true!
Do anything productive. Keep busy. I swear, you will stop thinking about how bad you may feel.

Focus on YOU. Its so fucking important to let out your true feelings.
Writing shit down in a notebook helps! I started doing it, and I feel better.
I know, that also sounds like stuff you've heard a million times. But it does help :)

Those are just a couple things that my Suboxone doctor/psych doctor suggested that I tried, now that I am sober.
I was hesitant to try it out, I had heard it all before, I thought.
But, hey, don't knock it til you try it!

I would most definitely keep on with the Suboxone plus 5HTP!
And make sure you mention your consumption of 5HTP to your Suboxone Doctor!
Let him know if it works for you.

Take care and good luck, dear :)

xtcake, i was taking the 5-htp way back when i was raving and doing that whole thing... it was years ago now... (never tried it since i been on subs)
but the reason i stopped taking them was because i started getting super vivid dreams while on them, and after a while of that i just didnt wanna have to deal with that anymore so i just stopped taking them...
but the mood stabalizing was awesome, i seriously was in a great mood all day everyday.

@kidNapster honestly 5-htp seriously was amazing for me. it even suprised me just how well it seriously ended working for me everyday. no joke. back when i was taking it i was also eating MDxx every other weekend, so i may have been in need of the seratonin that it was helping my body make from the constant depleating from roling so much. but u gotta take it for a week or 2 before you start to really notice effects

i like the idea bout gifting myself somethig... i tend to do that now anyways... one thing ive always loved doing was shopping (yes i am a man btw lol) way before dope popped into my life... and i do (even if only temperary) get some joy from copping a new pair of nikes or some new sneakers or clothes (im a sneaker head for sure lol)

keeping busy does def help, i was working 7 12's at my job and although thats basicly living there i did feel pretty good about myself in general (and i was making rediculous cash too lol), the jobs over now and i been stuck at my casa alot...

thanks for throwin some ideas my way im def gunna try some of these guys (and lady ;) )

so nobody else on bluelights on sub and 5-htp??

and oh yea xtcake, were u on suboxen before u started taking the 5-htp or at what point? and was it a very noticable change once it kicked in?

exercise?
I have taken both of them together and had a great experience. I think it was about 3 months? I decided to look up possible interactions between the 2 and there is a moderate risk so I stopped taking the 5htp. I'm considering going back on it though, as my anxiety had been unbearable and I just got off of benzos about 4 months ago. So I really need something that actually works right now. I believe the interaction risk involves serotonin syndrome. But there have been cases of people ending up with that from a single dose of suboxone. Wouldn't it be great if mental health professionals actually looked at the organ they were treating, to know for sure where our levels are at? 🙄 It's literally the only health care field where doctors basically guess what you need and hope for the best.

About the subs causing lethargy for you... when that happens for me, I try to take no subs for at least 3 days and then start with 4mg (which is half a pill for me) on day 4. I always get that energy increase again and can slowly increase my dosage back to the norm from there.

I've never heard of anyone snorting subs. Especially the film! I take the sublingual tablets, does it work with those as well? And do you need to alter dosage at all if snorting?