• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe suboxone just seems like its disapearing

paper planes

Bluelighter
now ive been on suboxone for like 2 yrs and never had this problem but for the past 3 days ive takin my dose in between 2-4 mgs prolly around 3 to be exact and i put it under my tongue and add my absolute alcohol and it just seems to straight to go somewhere...the solution usually would be thick and dark orange and tastes strong with a little bit of burn because of the alcohol...but for 3 days its been all oppisite not thick, real clear, no flavor and is gone in 10 min where as usually it'd be more like 20-25 min..i just dont understand the shit and its really starting to piss me off im sick of fuckin with this suboxone it so finicky

ha i dunno bout ur scenario but i totallllly hear u with suboxone/subutex. Its so hit or miss. So random, really. Out of 7 doses for example, ill find like 4 give me a nice glow, 2 make me feel normal, and 1 will make me feel like i need more. You never know. Its like u gotta flip a coin to derive a nice feel from your dose.

you gotta hold it under your tongue for it to work swallowing it does nothing

i agree thats why more and more im thinking about switching to methadone cuz i got alot of reasons why i dont like the suboxone headaches are a bitch too and im pretty sure its messing up my teeth bad..but ya i completly agree its really hit or miss but for the past couple days and more so todays its like i was going strong on 2 80's forever and just decided to start dosing 15 mgs or somethin the difference is but if you take more than you gonna fuck your shit for week cuz of tolerance..its just got the point where its more trouble than its worth

Suboxone is a super powerful drug, seriously. Remember that 0.25mg of bupe are equivalent (aproximatelly) to 10mg of Morphine... so 2mg are like 80mg.. and DRs are prescribing doses of 32mg? Like 1200mg of morphine? Are those DRs crazy or what? I think is difficult to have a habit of 1g of PURE morphine a day, and they are prescribing it like candy, I mean, you go with a habit of 1.5g of street heroin a day (maybe 20% of H, TOPS), and they give you straight away 32mg, or sometimes 64?!?!

My point is that you have to try with lower doses maybe, try to make a line of 0.5, I was in 0.5 intranasally for a year or so, first twice a day then I realised that only once a day was better, I was even feeling REALLY euphoric after a couple of hours... Now I'm tappering, 0.07mg today... I still feel if I don't take my daily dose.. quite a lot I mean. I relapsed many times when tapering but then again I start from 0.5 and is REALLY easy and fast at least for me to get to 0.1mg in a week or two, then is much easier to tapper I found, but I got stucked other times at 0.02mg, I relapsed, always, when I go home I fucking relapse. Rambling again... sorry.

My point is (again) that subs are powerful and very very useful if you know how to use them, the trick is to tapper as quick as you can, like try doing half of your dose tomorrow, I bet my balls that you are not going to feel any bad, maybe only a little bit less energy and irritable... Maybe next morning you wake up feeling little WD but then take the same dose as the day before (the other half) and you will feel better again for sure. I know everybody reacts different but my experience and others (for sure many other BLs agree that taper bupe, if you REALLY try it, and if when you can -days off for example-). Also try to keep it in your mouth as long as you can... and swallow the liquid after, BA oral sucks but is something because always there's some bupe remaining.

Good luck dude
If you decide to switch to methadone well, I never tried it to be honest and I had a lot of chances to do it but I was on bupe and I was scared to get those horrible WD when switching from Methadone to bupe, for some people methadone is better cuz they feel that "full" opiate buzz (in the first dose maybe) that they woudn't feel with bupe, nodding and so on, but if you "experiment" with bupe when you are in low doses, for example, if you are at 0.1 and you do 2mg (maybe with LITTLE help of some benzo or other depressants -dangerous mix, remember-) you will NOD and get something very similar to a really opiate buzz. Not the rush of course, because it has to convert to the full agonist norbupe but.. you will get it.

Cheers
EDIT: Maybe you feel bupe different just because is another batch with a new formulation with less of something and more of other shit to make it "better" in some way... I felt something similar once, but here bupes are white and lemon flavoured.
PS (OFF TOPIC): BTW Why the hell they don't make suboxone pills of less than 2mg? Are they crazy? They think is easy to jump from 2mg or what? I wish the Drs to try to jump from a 2mg habit, even a 0.5mg habit you feel like shit for almost 2 weeks... Fucking pharmaceutical industries.. they want us hooked in that forever?

Last edited:
I think that it is important to point out that while yes suboxone is a super potent opioid, it does have a cieling effect, so 32mg is not like 1200mg of morphine really. I think that the maximal agonist activity equates to something like 30mg of methadone, which is why if you are on methadone, they usually want you to taper down to around that dose before you get on suboxone. That being said 30mg of methadone is still quite potent.

Honestly, I feel like a lot of people on bupe get this idea that the fact that methadone is a full agonist means that methadone maintenance will help them a lot more than buprenorphine maintenance. I know I thought that, but then I did get on methadone, and it's really IMO the same deal as bupe, the first week or two it's awesome, you feel like you'll never need to do heroin or oxy or whatever again, and then you stabalize, and to be honest once your stabalized on methadone you don't feel any more of a buzz than you do on suboxone. I'd even venture to say that suboxone shows more promise in this aspect as you can control your dosing, and if you maintain on a low amount of buprenorphine, you'll feel very good. High would definately be a stretch, and perhaps a disrespect to the word, but it's a boost. Also with methadone, you'll still have the cravings for heroin, you just absolutely will not be able to get high if your on a standard dose of 70mg and up. You can't even get high on the methadone itself. I used to double, and sometimes triple my weekend dose in an attempt to get high, and while my breathing would become more shallow, and I'd fall asleep if I sat down for just one minute, it was not euphoric by any means. The idea that you can shoot through your methadone is junky folk lore, and believe me I tried soo hard. Methadone just isn't a very good opioid to get high off of in general, and if I was completely clean and had to choose between taking 2mg of suboxone for fun, or 60mg of methadone, I'd probably choose the suboxone. Partial agonist is a term that gets slung around as if buprenorphines opioid activity is somehow different, but it's really just another opioid, it just plateaus at a certain level.

Some people do however need methadone, if the suboxone just doesn't hold them enough due to a incredibly large opiate habit, and of course some people will prefer it to buprenorphine maintenance and that's fine too, but IMO people should really think about why they want to go on methadone and weigh the pros and cons because it's much more of a commitment than suboxone is.

Last edited:
i was on methadone for a while @ 120mg/day then i CT'd that and ten days into w/d (they were HORRIBLE) I couldn't handle it anymore and went on bupe, was on 24mg than 16 then i tapered myself down to .5-2mg/day (total time on bupe 4 years) I'm off it now and i *feel* bupe was more satisfying than methadone. Kept me clean all that time, while on 'done i was still abusing. Also i liked the once monthly DR visits more than the daily/weekly trip to the clinic. But try to taper to 1mg/day or something see how that does ya. I can't really think of much else to say, bupe>methadone IMO/IME but Z-neg has a point.. some do need methadone cuz bupe don't cut it.

EDIT: ok back to my break from BL lol, i will be back someday.

Last edited:
Okay C.H., you can shoot me now...Were the first 5 posts for real ? uuuuugggghhhhh.

The absolute best way to absorb as much sub lingual buprenorphine as possible is to put it under your tongue as soon as you wake up then fall back asleep, and it will thoroughly absorb over the next 45mins. I can not begin to tell you how effective a way of dosing this was for me, it would get me high every time this way, whereas otherwise my saliva would dissolve it too fast and I'd feel nothing if I did it any other way.

The absolute best way to absorb as much sub lingual buprenorphine as possible is to put it under your tongue as soon as you wake up then fall back asleep, and it will thoroughly absorb over the next 45mins. I can not begin to tell you how effective a way of dosing this was for me, it would get me high every time this way, whereas otherwise my saliva would dissolve it too fast and I'd feel nothing if I did it any other way.

I agree with this I dont always dose this way but when I do I tend to feel the sub more.