• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Best sedative for w/d's?

5StarSquatHotel

Bluelighter
I am at the point now where I am ready to attempt jumping from my 400 microgram dose of Subutex. Tried before and failed, its not the fact I am jumping from a small dose of Sub rather than going from 15 years of opiates to nothing so will need some kind of sedative to get me through the 2 weeks of w/d's. I have a 3 way meeting with my care worker and doctor and I am going to ask for something to help the w/d's but not sure what? I can prob do it on benzos but would need 50mg a day and cant see that happening so what kind of sedatives are out there that I could ask for and stand a realistic chance of getting a script for? Any suggestions are gratfully appreciated.

Using benzos would be pretty stupid. The withdrawal from those makes sub withdrawal feel like nothing. I'd go through sub withdrawal 100 times before I'd withdraw from benzos again, which I'm still withdrawing from over 6 months later. Just something to think about. But do what you want.

I don't know why I always try to warn people about benzos. No one ever seems to give a shit and the only person I REALLY care about warning, myself, I can't. Oh what fucking irony.

Ask for at least two sedatives. One antipsychotic like seroquel wont hurt you if used for a short period and can be dosed so one just zoones out. Then a fairly high dose of zopiclone, some 15mg or more take the edge off. Lyrica is good for withdrawal here in Sweden it can be prescribed for almost anything - check with others.

Etizolam is flooding, maybe dont need a script for it but I cant U.K legislation. Chloral hydrate might be a choice, but it really just make you drunk - for me at least. You can easily produce chloral hydrate by your self but it is against forum rules to go beyond the fact - and tell you how to.

Loperamide as a backbone is good.