View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

33 deaths per day in Mexican drug war

poledriver

Bluelighter
33 deaths per day in Mexican drug war

3756124-3x2-700x467.jpg

PHOTO: A relative of murdered teen sisters cries in the cemetery in Ciudad Juarez. (AFP: Jesus Alcazar)

Over 12,000 people died in drug-related violence in 2011 in Mexico, and about 50,000 have been killed since the start of president Felipe Calderon's crackdown on drug gangs in 2006, media reported on Monday.

The reports came out as brutal violence continued to rock parts of Mexico amid a military crackdown on organised crime involving tens of thousands of troops.

Reforma daily counted 12,539 drug-related killings in 2011, which it said was a 6.3 per cent increase on the previous year.

It said the violence had become more brutal with increases in beheadings - to almost 600 - and more than 1,000 cases of torture.

Casualties of Mexico's drug war
Over 12,000 killed in 2011 alone
Over 50,000 killed between 2006 and 2011
600 beheadings, 1,000 cases of torture in 2011
0ver 1,000 Children killed since 2006
The daily Milenio newspaper recorded 12,284 drug-related deaths in 2011 and underlined major hikes in violence in the Pacific coast state of Guerrero and the Gulf of Mexico state of Veracruz, where 35 bodies were dumped under a busy overpass in one incident alone.

La Jornada daily estimated 11,890 deaths, or an average of 33 per day, in 2011, which it said was an 11 per cent decrease on the previous year, in a report published on Saturday.

The government has said 15,273 people were killed in 2010, without offering specifics on its count, making it the deadliest year since Mr Calderon launched his crackdown.

In an election year in which drug violence is a key concern, a spokesman for the attorney-general's office said the government would release official figures for 2011 in the first half of January.​

from here

Man shit is going crazy in Mexico....I feel bad for them having to go through all that violence, I mean it seems like there's more deaths in Mexico then in the Iraq war....but who cares about Mexico right? sad stuff....

What's even sadder is all the wealthy mexicans have migrated to Texas legally and drive around in their Cadillac Escalades/Mercedes Benz/BMW's. It's very unfortunate, but the only people left in Mexico are dirt poor.

In the last year or two there are so many Nuevo Leon license plates all over Texas it's crazy! I see some every single day!

Everytime I go to the grocery store it's loaded with light-skinned Mexicans who speak nothing but fast, proper, fluent Monterrey Spanish. No slang for these people, they are classy(even snobby 8o), and perfectly legally here. Sure aren't here to mow lawns or clean houses!

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure far more US American Citizens die daily in US prisons because of the drug war, whether it's from contracting AIDS from prison rape, committing suicide, getting shanked, becomming a hardened criminal for getting sent to prison on possession charges and then dying in a shootout later on in a robbery, etc etc etc.

What's even sadder is all the wealthy mexicans have migrated to Texas legally and drive around in their Cadillac Escalades/Mercedes Benz/BMW's.
Blame the ATF. No seriously.

I think we were better off with the CIA doing this shit. Too many fucking agencies now.

I'm pretty sure far more US American Citizens die daily in US prisons because of the drug war, whether it's from contracting AIDS from prison rape, committing suicide, getting shanked, becomming a hardened criminal for getting sent to prison on possession charges and then dying in a shootout later on in a robbery, etc etc etc.
Yes, because thousands of children die in US prisons and 600 beheadings. Most of these people were innocent bystanders. 8)
Blame the ATF. No seriously.
I blame the entire system. Simply blaming the ATF is scapegoating.

You really should come to Austin, TX which is 200+ miles from any border crossing, and see how many Nuevo Leon license plates there are and how many people who look white like the Bush family yet only speak in fast/fluent spanish. It's insane. The closer you get to the border even more insane. I can't imagine what El Paso looks like.

Last edited:

Probably about the same number, since they have a third of our population and triple the murder rate. Still nowhere near as dangerous as, say, Jamaica, which gets no headlines despite having three times the murder rate of Mexico.

Probably about the same number, since they have a third of our population and triple the murder rate. Still nowhere near as dangerous as, say, Jamaica, which gets no headlines despite having three times the murder rate of Mexico.
You can't compare the rest of Mexico to Juarez. Juarez is the highest murder rate in the entire world.

i wonder if they are focusing more on this now because they are tryin to gain support to put U.S. troops on the streets of mexico

That being said, it's almost as if the War on Drugs has been a complete success.

Go Yankees.