• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids 30 day Methadone taper fr. 120/2 yrs

ouch!

Greenlighter
Suprisingly, everything was fine until two mornings ago; currently at 42. Pins and needles, RLS, minor sweats/chills. What helps, aside from opiates and benzos? Obviously this won't be fun but any advice/experiences would be appreciated.

Gabapentin or Pregabalin can help, though some say they exacerbate RLS symptoms. Clonodine can help with regulating body temperature. A sedative antihistamine can provide substantial relief, namely hydroxyzine. If you don't have access to that, my next choice would be doxylamine succinate. Ibuprofen is always helpful too.

Thanks! That's kinda funny cause I used to get Neurontin (gabapentin) for RLS! I've gotten Clonidine for dope WDs before but I don't really have a doctor helping me with this (the clinic is punishing me for a few non-opiate dirties.) I'd be OK with Ambien and benzos but since I gotta go to work, its a last resort. I have "access" to Atarax, I think that's like one mentioned?

^Yes, Atarax is hydroxyzine. One of the best non-benzodiazepine anxiolytics IMO, and definitely the best antihistamine for your situation.

Try 50mg to start, then an additional 25mg if needed.

Thanks, I'll try it. In retrospect, all that itching was worth it if they gave something that can help with this tenth circle of hell! I can barely believe a 4mg/day taper is medically acceptable (although its not half as bad as cold turkey...)

What I'm dreading is January 12th and 13th, the days after my final dose when the little bit in my fat starts draining out. I can't beleive its legal to drop a dose everyday with no stabilization time, especially from over 100mg. I'm still have to go to work and everything; really sucktastic.

Gabapentin as mentioned before is really great. I havn't tried this myself but supposedly loperamide is really great for w/d and it's OTC. I'd try and get some buprenorphine for the few days after your last dose

Just to close this out, I went inpatient for detox for 2 mg of Subutex for 3 days (pointless detox...), started shooting again, 28 day rehab, started shooting again, and am now using very low dose Suboxone for the next 2 days to "ease" off at home with the boyfriend.

This shit is insidious.