• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Police: N.J. teen phoned in fake hostage threat

Bluelight Crew
He claimed he wanted pot, but a New Jersey teenager got a whole lot more when he phoned in a fake hostage threat Thursday night.

Police in Ocean Township tell The Asbury Park Press that 19-year-old Tyler Seward made a 911 call from the motel where he's been staying with his mother. The teen allegedly demanded marijuana and said he had three hostages in the room.

Authorities evacuated people in nearby rooms and spent three hours negotiating with Seward.

When he was coaxed out of his room, police found drug paraphernalia in the room but no hostages.

Seward has been charged with creating a false public alarm and possessing drug paraphernalia

The motel's owner says Seward's mother pays her bill each week and keeps mostly to herself.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/12/police_nj_teen_phoned_in_fake.html

Lol wow. This is from right around where I live.
I would have demanded more than just some pot tbph.

DAMN!

Another bright young teenager put in jail because of this countries failed drug policy...

^ Bright young teenager? Are you kidding?

What kind of a moron expects to receive an illegal substance for free, by holding hostages, and thinks no consequences will follow? What, did he think he would get the Cannabis, and the cops would just let him go about smoking it? What a fucking idiot! Good riddance, another idiot behind bars.

Last edited:
ya this is hillarious...did he really think they was gonna give him some bud..? i dont understand how he thought this would end well..but this "natural selection" at its finest

DAMN!

Another bright young teenager put in jail because of this countries failed drug policy...

It doesn't always come through when reading, but I could sense the sarcasm here.
(At least, I hope I could.)

Lol this definitely was a stoned prank gone wrong. Tehehe, I've uh got 3 hostages, yea hehe and uh g-g-gimmie some uh reefer, ya lots of weed or a boom! Bang! Kapooh! Theyre done for.

Damn, I hope I never have kids this stupid............prank or no prank.........

^ Bright young teenager? Are you kidding?

What kind of a moron expects to receive an illegal substance for free, by holding hostages, and thinks no consequences will follow? What, did he think he would get the Cannabis, and the cops would just let him go about smoking it? What a fucking idiot! Good riddance, another idiot behind bars.

Yo I am going to come at this stupid statement with a righteous one:

"Actions have reactions, don't be quick to judge
You may not know the harships people don't speak of
It's best to step back, and observe with couth
For we all must meet our moment of truth..."

^ Gangstarr lyrics have no place in this kids life, theres no set of circumstances that'll lead to someone doing this - and me feeling bad for them.

Dunno wtf this kid expected to happen..

Yeah that was just plain stupid, I can't figure out how he possibly expected it to end well.

I'm not exactly sure where he was coming from or what he was on to make that plan seem amazing in his head...