• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

14 yr. old in critical condition after she was IV'd with Herion

OctoberRust12

Bluelighter
Article: Huffington Post
Link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...g-grid7|hp-desktop|dl12|sec1_lnk1&pLid=123356

Quote:

ANCHORAGE, Alaska — A 14-year-old Alaska girl was in critical condition days after a 26-year-old man injected her with heroin at his Anchorage home, authorities said Tuesday.

Sean Warner is charged with a drug-related felony and other counts. Court documents say he tried to revive the girl himself and didn't immediately call police.

"Her condition is dire," Assistant District Attorney Regan Williams said Tuesday, adding the girl was on an artificial respirator. "The real sadness is that there's not that much brain activity."

The girl was taken to an Anchorage hospital Friday with a drug overdose, police said. Charging documents say the girl, identified only as J.D., was found to have heroin, cocaine and methamphetamine in her system. Medics told authorities she had sustained damage to her brain and heart.

Charging documents say the type of heroin used is known on the street at "China White."

Police said the drug tends to be more potent than the more common tar heroin. It is sold in powder form and can be cut with varying ingredients in varying amounts, said Sgt. Kathy Lacey, who heads the Anchorage Police Department's vice unit.

"The problem is you don't know what it's cut with," Lacey said. "You have no idea what you're getting."

More in article link

Warner was sharing a gram of heroin with the men, and the girl said she was willing to try something "new" but didn't want to inject herself, according to the documents. Warner tried to inject the girl, but failed, so he had her lie down on his bed and hold out an arm, then used his belt as a tourniquet and shot 25 to 30 units of heroin, taking several times to find a vein, the papers say.

The two witnesses told authorities they left the girl on the bed and found her the next morning, face down in her vomit, according to the papers.

"They felt for her pulse, sat her up, and grew concerned at her condition and upset at Warner's ambivalence," the documents state.

Warner did not want to call 911 because he didn't want authorities to find drugs, so instead he placed a tablet of Suboxone – a prescription drug that's used to treat opiate addiction – under the unconscious girl's tongue, according to the court papers. A couple hours later, the girl began convulsing and Warner called 911, the papers say.

What a scum, in so many ways.
He needs to do a time-out for about 20 years to reconsider his priorities.

Alaska sounds like a pretty fucked up place, it's always frozen, communites are isolated. And then shady shit like this happens.

(this is based entirely on tv/internet, so probably wrong ;D)

wow what a dumbass..its sad anytime theres a situation where ppl dont take somebody to the hospital i know ive been in a bullshit situation i just walked in on and i was the only one tryin to help dude..but i do know i did call the hospital and they wanted to hold me responsible so i just pulled dude out of it, mind you it wasnt very severe..somebody else i know just threw there homeboy in a bush and left there to die cuz he was scared cuz he gave him the shit..the way the U.S. deals with drugs is ridiculous

Wow this is sad....but my question is why she hanging out with a 26 year old guy, and yet alone trying heroin?. I mean I'm from Anchorage, and at that age we were blazing weed (pretty common around here) not shooting up! I hope that the young ones don't start up on harder stuff...that would just be all bad news.

Operation Anchorage has now come to fruition.

He will be dealt with effectively, like a can of Raid.

Wow. And i have regrets about helping people my own age who are already addicted get heroin when i lived back in Jersey... This makes me feel a little better about myself... Fuckin' scumbag for sure.

Good lord. 14yo w/ meth, coke, and dope in her system?

Oh, and the creepy part where the supplier was 26 and stole surveillance equipment earlier in the day..

Im thinking he wanted to have sex with her, why else would a 26 yr old guy be hanging out with a young girl shooting her up with heroin & giving her all those other drugs.

I'd like to make you an honorary American, Mr. Harsh criminal justice.

Im thinking he wanted to have sex with her, why else would a 26 yr old guy be hanging out with a young girl shooting her up with heroin & giving her all those other drugs.

Fo sho if he were interested in pursuing a romantic relationship he wouldn't have let the girl get into this kinda shit. And that surveillance shit is creepy.

The real question brought by this case is that of Good Samaritan laws, opposition will point to this case as a great reason why not to have them .I still think they should be there thoughk

Good Samaritan laws are just about as logical as thought crime.

-edit: You do have a point though, as many more innocent people would still be alive.

The real question brought by this case is that of Good Samaritan laws, opposition will point to this case as a great reason why not to have them .I still think they should be there thoughk

Good Samaritan laws wouldn't have protected this guy; she was 14.

Now we know why he needed the surveillance equipment! He was gonna tape that shit lol but joking aside this is ridiculous! Every bit of it. Grown ass men giving kids drugs, kids hanging around grown ass men wanting to do the drugs, but most ridiculous of all, the fact that prison is almost inevitable if you do take her to the hospital regardless your relation to the incident itself. At the end of the day preservation of human life should come before another tally on the police quota. This dude needs locked up for a long time tho thats for damn sure

Ah, there are age restrictions? I did not know that.

Not necessarily. If the cop sees a 26 year old man keeping a drugged 14 year old girl in his house, that's an arrest in any state.

Maybe in Japan he'd be left alone.

Dude, we're all about legalization, but he clearly crossed the line.

Not too sure what you meant by this. Are you defending the guy in the article? Are you saying that he deserves a lenient sentence, since "all" he did was to give a child multiple strong drugs, and (presumably) accidentally OD her, and then fail to call 911 because he was worried about getting in trouble himself, thereby killing her? Maybe you think he did nothing wrong, or what he did was just a minor thing? If so, that seems like a pretty sick viewpoint to me.

I'm not sure what I meant by that either. I must have not been paying attention the article while imagining one with a different narrative or something.