• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Jury Refuses to Convict Anyone for Marijuana Possession

Thanks for sharing - I was pleasantly surprised when the reporter(?) had an opinion similar to mine on the matter.

from what little i've seen of Russia today, it's bang on!

Good video, I like the reporter. Always tickles me when you see formal serious guys in suits sticking up for the herb. Dunno why just does.

^ Because suits and formality are so "establishment", but the herb is so "rebellious".
(I know that many establishment people smoke weed, but the reputation is intertwined with ideas of hippies and counterculture.)
However, it won't be long before weed starts to be seen as more "normal" .
Ex-cops and ex-judges, business people, athletes, school principals, presidents, and others are telling the public that they have used weed.
The reputation is changing, and at this relatively early stage of change we feel tickled by the incongruities when those in suits stand up for cannabis.
I can't wait for the day when we no longer feel tickled, but instead see it as normal.

that is pretty damn cool. it shows how things are starting to change. i have heard from old hippies that 30 years ago they thought marijuana would be legalized soon but they didnt have the means of communication that we have today. more and more people are realizing how corrupt and bullshit our government is. and more people are realizing the truth about the devils cabbage :)