• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Long Term Use of Sceletium Tortuosum (Kanna)

dcraver877

Bluelighter
Anyone have experience using kanna long-term? I am talking daily use, every day. I have some extract that I want to start using to boost my mood.

I have not used it more than once in a blue moon many years ago, sorry. I'm not sure if anyone is going to have any experience to share with you here, but you never know. :)

Yep, I've used Kanna everyday.

I don't much use it anymore, but about a year and a half ago I was using it every day. I smoked it, popped it and even snorted it. A very nice herb, it gave me energy and also gave me a sense of well being during the day, also alot of compassion. It says it helps anxiety, but I didn't really feel it helped anxiety, it just took my mind off the anxious feelings..the anxiety was still there. All in all , I thought Kanna was an AWESOME herb. I like it better than Kratom, but I haven't used alot of varieties of kratom yet..but Kannas got something to it Ive never experienced before...and its the only herb I know of that has many ways of consumption.

I highly recommend it! What are you using it for?

If you don't mind me asking, what is it in Kanna that gives it its recreational effects? From what I can tell, one of the alkaloids it contains has got SSRI/SSRA properties. Is there anything else going on? Is there potential for withdrawals, such as with other SSRIs? It doesn't seem to be a very widely-used plant either. Why is this? It sounds quite decent from what I've read about it.

I'm kinda curious as to what this mysterious plant is all about.

Kanna and kratom are nothing alike.

Melatonin inhances my dreams far better than kanna any day, but everyone's different.

I'm no expert on this herb, but I do know it has SSRI properties to it, without any of the side effects or withdrawal. It also dosent take a week of taking it everyday to work, it works within 15 minutes. Especially if sniffed. Its got mesembrine in it, and I dont think theres been alot of testing done on it, thats why I was so happy to acquire the results I did. I def found something cool.

Well they are alike in the fact they are legal herbs that can help you with your day. And we aren't talking about dream enhancing here, I dont remember my dreams anyways, id rather not enhance them at all.

It sounds like there's a reasonable abuse potential then, if it provides instant gratification and can be used day after day without obvious repercussions. Can you catch a decent buzz of it or is it too subtle?

I used Kanna on a daily basis some years ago. If I remember correctly there was a strange side-effect... Rage. Could have been a withdrawal thing

Nice herb though

I actually used to smoke this stuff quite a lot. It's "ok" for a legal high. I never snorted it though. It's a decent enhancer for adding with other more potent smokable herbs.

@JS: "It sounds like there's a reasonable abuse potential then, if it provides instant gratification and can be used day after day without obvious repercussions.."
That is an oxymoron. Nothing like this exists in the universe.

@JS: "It sounds like there's a reasonable abuse potential then, if it provides instant gratification and can be used day after day without obvious repercussions.."
That is an oxymoron. Nothing like this exists in the universe.

Well it's what MistaSmokalot seems to be claiming...

About a year and a half ago I was using it every day. I smoked it, popped it and even snorted it. A very nice herb, it gave me energy and also gave me a sense of well being during the day.
it has SSRI properties to it, without any of the side effects or withdrawal. It also dosent take a week of taking it everyday to work, it works within 15 minutes.

It sounds like there's a reasonable abuse potential then, if it provides instant gratification and can be used day after day without obvious repercussions. Can you catch a decent buzz of it or is it too subtle?

No abuse potential IMO.