PDA

View Full Version : uses of marijuana stems

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

phenethylo J
25-04-2012, 11:16
I just toss them in my vape; no sence in throwing them out.

BJCS333
12-09-2013, 20:50
How do you make weed tea with them do you just put them in the tea like sugar

trancetasy
27-09-2013, 16:17
TWIG TEA:

Save your sticks and grind them up into powder using your handy dandy coffee grinder.

In a seperate pot (with a cover) boil about 2 cups of water to a rolling boil.

Add the ground up sticks (as much as you have from a teaspoon to 1/4 cup), Cover, lower heat to a LOW. Let tea steep for at least 5 minutes (I make some toast)

After 5 minutes, take pot off stove (***Turn off the stove***) toss in a teabag or two of your favorite tea (Liptons, herbal, Green tea, whatever) and let steep for another 5 minutes

To Serve:
Serve from a teapot that has a strainer in the spout OR
Strain your tea through a tea strainer OR
Use the funnel of your coffee maker with a filter in place, Sit the filter and funnel into the coffee pot and then pour the brewed tea through the funnel, the pure tea will drip/pour into the coffee (now your tea) pot

Serve with Sugar or Honey as the sticks will add a bitter flavor

if you google or youtube "making tea from stem" you'll get plenty of tutorials, while thc is not water soluble you may need to use butter.

you might get some kief from the stems but usually i just chew on it for no reason lol

Artificial Emotion
28-09-2013, 02:48
Grind stems up, place in pepper shaker, then proceed to shake all over the place. Makes finding your stash by way of scent by man's best friend very difficult if not impossible.

GonzoOp
29-09-2013, 00:36
My mate saves them up and makes fucking tea outta them, gets a pot and does the business. Says it gets him high but you know what? It just aint my cup of tea ;)

RedRum OG
29-09-2013, 05:15
put them in a pill bottle or something similar, shake hard repeatedly, and kief will fall off

collect kief, win. putting it in the freezer first helps

/thread

Lost Ego
04-10-2013, 17:39
stems have such a low thc content that it's not even worth smoking them. i'd throw them away if i were you.

omnipresenthuman
13-10-2013, 03:24
Depends on the bud in my opinion....if it's high-grade hydro/chronic, for sure, smoke that shit. Why not? It still has low THC levels - they are better than nothing. With really, really good strands, I can even notice crystals on my stems. Doesn't happen that often, but it definitely occurs every few really good strands I come across...

But if it's anything less than the best of the best bud, throw that shit away, ain't worth it unless you're just that desperate.

Also, I wanted to say that I would still rate a bowl of stems a little above smoking resin, if only because resin ALWAYS tastes just disgusting...I went through a period where I had no money to spend on weed two years ago where I had to smoke plenty of resin and stem bowls, glad I'm not in that place anymore.

bennyZA
13-10-2013, 09:12
I wanted to say that I would still rate a bowl of stems a little above smoking resin

Dude, in the spirit of HR, I need to tell you something that you really need to listen to. This shit is important. Friends don't let friends smoke resin.

Stevenski
13-10-2013, 14:28
put them in a pill bottle or something similar, shake hard repeatedly, and kief will fall off

collect kief, win. putting it in the freezer first helps

/thread

I was desperate for a small hit to potentiate my codeine high & had no bud. I had collected a couple months worth of stems (I throw them in a little tuppaware container otherwise they end up all over my kitchen bench or floor because I am a lazy cunt) & froze them for 30 minutes. After shaking I was left with a small amount of kief at the bottom & was just enough for a smallish elbow pack in the vape. Not massive yield by any means but enough to get me high :D.

Kids don't smoke stems or resin. Going without is much better for your health.

ShaggyFin
16-10-2013, 06:16
I used to give my friends free weed when they would bring me their seeds and stems.

Seeds GROW THAT SHIT, or wait to give lots to someone who will.
Stems MAKE HASH. Just keep all your stems, trimmings and the stuff at the bottom of your bags... Then you can make some good hash when you have like .5-1oz

B for Bruce
02-04-2016, 08:11
Let it sit on your tongue for a long period of time

ErgicMergic
03-04-2016, 06:57
I've made super-quick wash ISO and cannabis coconut oil, both times with great results. I still save my stems to make edibles with.