• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Apomorphine

Sublimo

Bluelighter
I can't find any really good information about this substance, anybody who's able to help me?

According to wikipedia:

Apomorphine (Apokyn, Ixense, Spontane, Uprima) is a non-selective dopamine agonist which activates both D1-like and D2-like receptors, with some preference for the latter subtypes.[1] It is historically a morphine decomposition product by boiling with concentrated acid, hence the -morphine suffix. Apomorphine does not actually contain morphine or its skeleton, or bind to opioid receptors for that matter. The apo- prefix relates to it being an aporphine derivative.

I remember William Burroughs talking about it and this quote confirms that:

It was also successfully used as an unofficial treatment of heroin addiction, a purpose for which it was championed by the author William S. Burroughs. A recent study indicates that apomorphine might be a suitable marker for assessing central dopamine system alterations associated with chronic heroin consumption.[2] There is, however, no clinical evidence that apomorphine is an effective and safe treatment regimen for opiate addiction. Early studies involved aversion therapy in alcoholism and anxiety, and modern reports are rather anecdotal.[3]

It isn't scheduled in the U.S. as far as I know.

What exactly were you curious to know? Were you after anecdotal reports or just general information?

I have read this already, much more than this I can't find.

For starters I was looking for some more chemical information about it, and what the recreational possibility's are.

Also from the wiki article:

It is a potent emetic (i.e., it induces vomiting) and should not be administered without an antiemetic such as domperidone. The emetic properties of apomorphine are exploited in veterinary medicine to induce therapeutic emesis in canines that have recently ingested toxic or foreign substances.

Do not try and catch a buzz with this substance.

Oh, don't worry, that's not gonna happen. But I still think there is some recreational value.

If Bill Bourroghs says there is no recreational value, you can be sure there isn't.