• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Posing Opiate Question...

Diloadid

Bluelighter
I searched this because I thought somebody on bluelight had probably already asked...

When I searched what I thought would be the appropriate criteria, I came up with favorite heroin books, tapering from suboxone..etc etc.

My question at hand is;

What is your favorite opiate, opiate-maintenance, benzo, hell you can name a barbiturate if you like, for detoxing. Just name what you are detoxing/detoxed (opiate) from and what you usually take/took (the above, or if you take 2c-i (something random) for your dt's, tell me about!) for it. I hope this is an okay question to ask, I'm just curious I suppose.

I guess I could write out an example...
This isn't me but...
I was taking (ROA if you want) 3-5 morphine 60's a day for 6 months. When I didn't have my morphine available I tried to keep some tramadol handy just in case.

Kapeesh? lol

Edit : Go in depth if you like : )

Buprenorphine by far. I used it to get off heroin last time and it worked very well. I just didn't have enough and had to tough out the rest of the withdrawal. I also took some kratom, the UEI variety and although it helped some, it also had the normal kratom mental side effects which I can't stand so I am never taking it again. Kratom gives me scary disturbing visions when I try to go sleep. I mean it's harder for me to handle than mushrooms (which I actually love) and it's not even supposed to be a trip to my knowledge. It's vial stuff in my opinion, absolutely vial.

Really? I have not heard of that before. Well I used kratom to come off of bupe which I used to detox from OC's. Bupe made me just as crazy as oxy's did but kratom took away the w/d's and put me in a much better mental state.

Well everyone responds differently. I know I'm not the only who gets scary nods/closed eye visions from kratom though. I talked to a couple people on the shroomery who quit using it for the exact same reason. Not to mention it tastes awful.

Kratom gives me scary disturbing visions when I try to go sleep.

Yeah this can happen if you take Kratom too late in the day before going to sleep, also you wake up REALLY tired the next morning. For me it was some kind of auditive hallucinations but it was still scary the few times it happened.
Otherwise it's a great drug! Just don't take it past 6 pm.

When I go without Methadone for 1-3 days, I take Phenyltoloxamine orally. It completely stops the hot/cold flushing, cuts down the fast pulse and anxiety, lets me eat and sleep, and is mildly euphoric if I take it when I'm experiencing more-than-very-mild withdrawal symptoms (meaning I have to wait until the hot/cold flushing, anxiety, sweating, etc is pretty bad rather than taking it at the first hints of such symptoms).

Phenyltoloxamine is one of the more effective potentiators of codeine and derivatives such as ethylmorphine, dihydrocodeine, oxycodone, nicocodeine, hydrocodone and similar drugs like tramadol and propoxyphene for all indications, pain relief and cough suppression in particular.[citation needed]

Phenyltoloxamine, like diphenhydramine and doxylamine, is an effective non-narcotic anti-tussive on its own but tends to be effective only for productive coughs as the anticholinergic action will exacerbate dry, unproductive coughs, so it is often combined with dextromethorphan, codeine, ethylmorphine, dihydrocodeine, or hydrocodone in cough suppressants both over the counter and prescription.[citation needed]

It is also used to discourage abuse in certain opiate analgesics due its unpleasant side effects at high doses.[citation needed] While therapeutic doses of phenyltoloxamine can generate mild to moderate euphoria as can many of its close chemical relatives[citation needed], much higher doses have a side effect profile similar to that of atropine, which is also used in this fashion for tablets of diphenoxylate and morphine for oral administration.

I plan on using a combination of Clonidine, Phenyltoloxamine, Etizolam & Diazepam or Chlordiazepoxide to get me through the time inbetween Methadone abstinence and beginning Buprenorphine treatment.

I like Methadone Best but would Much rather preferred an option of being scripted Morphine IRs my whole life. I enjoy Xanax for my anxiety Best, but if its for W D I would rather have Diazepam and Temazepam/Ativan/or Serax when it came to sleep. Ativan and I dont get along. Its the only Benzodiazepine I have had that just made me feeling heavy and drunk. It may also help with any nausea. Im confused by this question? Psychedelics would be baddd during Opiate W D especially if any Rage fits started.

Some psychedelics can actually help you during withdrawal. I've taken DXM and Ketamine on different occasions to make it out of a dope binge, and still be able to have some fun those days in between. Benzo's help me sleep in W/D, but do NOT take away the shitty feelings or the boredome. Weed helps me a lot with being able to eat regular meals, and can calm me down a little if its all that I've got. Suboxone is the easiest to use tho. Just wait 24 hours from your last shot, take even as little as 1-2mgs and you'll at least feel like a human, you might even smile once during the day, but thats it...Cuz lets face it...GETTING HIGH IS BETTER THAN TREATMENT OR REPLACEMENTS!! Fuck life in this restrictive JOKE of a world we live in where BANKERS ROB EVERYONE WITH NO REMORSE, but anyone using heroin should go to prison for 5+ years and be FORCED into rehab or not using. Fuck America and Fuck everywhere else except Vancouver and Holland. I HATE WHERE I LIVE!!

Wow, this is some interesting stuff. I'm seeing a lot of methadone and bupe, and this phenyltoloxamine is def stirring my interest. I don't know about coming off of opiates with psychedelics tho', but I am biased, this is all very relevant and interesting tho'.

Depends on what Opiate/Opioid I'm WDing from...

H - Mix Norcos and a large amount of Imodium with Ativan or Clonopin. I don't feel 100%, but it works great.

Roxi - Norco, Codeine(90mg pills), Imodium and Ativan.

Etc etc.

I have withdrawawn probably near a hundred times, and I can definitely say that one of the only things that helps significantly beyond medication is exercise. I just jumped off about 128mg Hydromorphone a day (that's like a gram of Morphine) and I used a bit of bupe (like 6mg total over 3 days) the only difference being about 8 hours of hard exercise a day and I only experienced hot/ cold flashes, no sneezing, crying, leg cramping, back pain, restlessness, sleeplessness, vomiting, diarrhea, and the other symptoms of wd's.

^^^^holy shiz, good job coming off that much hydro with that much exercise. I think I would die.

Never got withdraws from anything else other than methadone or heroin. Usually just used weaker opiates (norcs/vics) to make the withdraws bearable.

Another poster mentioned it but: DXM for sure.

A 2nd plateau trip at the end of a binge would stop WDs in their tracks. After the trip you can't feel pain, and the dex stops the irritability, the hot/cold flashes, the IBS. Its not so much that the symptoms stop, you just kinda come detached from yourself while you're going through them.

If I didn't want to go for a trip I'd use this combo:

- 50mg DXM with breakfast, and again with supper.
- 3mg of Xanax throughout the day.
- 50mg of DPH at bed time.

This combo, at least for me, made WDs bearable. This took care of everything but the boredom/diarrhea for me. The latter I didn't mind so much, as I seen it as "cleaning out the pipes" after a run. I always tried to take breaks so I could have a bowel movement at least once a week.

I have withdrawawn probably near a hundred times, and I can definitely say that one of the only things that helps significantly beyond medication is exercise. I just jumped off about 128mg Hydromorphone a day (that's like a gram of Morphine) and I used a bit of bupe (like 6mg total over 3 days) the only difference being about 8 hours of hard exercise a day and I only experienced hot/ cold flashes, no sneezing, crying, leg cramping, back pain, restlessness, sleeplessness, vomiting, diarrhea, and the other symptoms of wd's.

That's *really* intense, muvolution. Congratulations, and talk about the cojones on you for even attempting that much of a jump my friend...

~ vaya

Thanks vaya, that means alot. Nearly 2 weeks later, I still haven't used. I really feel like the exercise made all the difference this time.

Holy...yeah, ditto vaya, congrats Muvolution...that's amazing. Never considered just exercise for wd....
My go to is Kratom, skullcap and/or kava tea for my norco wds...always seems to work perfectly.

Thanks vaya, that means alot. Nearly 2 weeks later, I still haven't used. I really feel like the exercise made all the difference this time.

Y'know, the more I thought about this, the more it amazed/inspired me... despite the fact that I am scripted three abusable medications, I never take them in those ways; however, one is Desoxyn and two of them are benzodiazepines (Xanax and Halcion). I've wanted to get off the benzos for ten years now and whilst I know better than to just run a few blocks, draw up a will and take the Grand Mal seizure/likely death, your story has realigned my way of thinking towards the tapering process from drugs - any drugs. Obviously medical intervention by way of supervised tapering will be of necessity, for reality is still the prism through which I prefer to view the world and my situation. But I wonder if some sort of homeopathic, natural and exercise-laden taper plan wouldnt be of great benefit to me, too. See, I'm very discouraged because I have gone through three separate attempts, each 12 months long, of diazepam-mediated taper under the care of a physician - all of which ubiquitously resulted in my seizing towards the 7.5-5(!)mg dose. But I wasn't doing jack shit to help myself otherwise, just taking progressively less diazepam.

I think you've inspired me to give it another shot. Thank you for sharing what you went through :D

~ vaya