• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Dail Mail - Ecstasy makes a comeback: The rave drug of the 1990s is back but this...

edgarshade

Bluelighter
Ecstasy makes a comeback: The rave drug of the 1990s is back but this time it's stronger, pricier and in powder form

By Katie Silver

Last updated at 8:11 AM on 21st November 2011

With reader comments
The ecstasy pill had its hey-day was in the early 1990s amongst clubbers and ravers. In recent years the party drug had fallen from favour after it was attributed to the deaths of many clubbers and when supplies of MDMA became scarce. Now, more highly potent, the drug is being re-marketed as a ‘premium product’ and is again becoming popular, Drugscope, the UKs leading drug watchdog has found.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-1990s-time-stronger-pricier-powder-form.html

Coming from the DM, this article surprised me. No scare mongering, emphasis on negatives, in fact, it almost promotes the stuff.

you sure dailyfail?
My guy wont even pick up nomore so i assume hes all out? Lol

Seems like the just copied the Guardian article from the day before.

First reader comment

"to me drug users are weak and empty headed .go on ruin your lifes ,more space for me haha"

I didnt know people like this actaully existed.

few down

"Not very clever of the DM to let the country know of this. Certain things are destroying this country and drugs are one of them."

Anyway I dont see where they are getting this China are importing a stronger version of the drug from, none of it makes sense, anyway just a re-hashed shite version of the guardian article.

First reader comment

"to me drug users are weak and empty headed .go on ruin your lifes ,more space for me haha"

I didnt know people like this actaully existed.

few down

"Not very clever of the DM to let the country know of this. Certain things are destroying this country and drugs are one of them."

Anyway I dont see where they are getting this China are importing a stronger version of the drug from, none of it makes sense, anyway just a re-hashed shite version of the guardian article.

Yes, but you'll note that those comments get rated down very heavily, while pro-MDMA comments get rated up.

Since a great deal more readers vote than comment, it's an indicator that much of their readership is sane. If Fox News ran this article, then I bet those trends would be the opposite.

"I would never take drugs, with the exception of Alcohol, gives me a great buzz when I'm out drinking with my mates. Why bother taking these?! I will never understand the mentality of these drug users.
- James, Bristol, 21/11/2011 11:57"

Oh... my..
Interesting comments indeed.

"I would never take drugs, with the exception of Alcohol, gives me a great buzz when I'm out drinking with my mates. Why bother taking these?! I will never understand the mentality of these drug users.
- James, Bristol, 21/11/2011 11:57"

Oh... my..
Interesting comments indeed.

Boy he is going to be in one hell of a shock when he realises Alcohol is a drug...

Of course, maybe he'll never make the connection...

Ecstacy isn't even Ecstacy anymore. I quit taking pills years ago. Seriously, it's bullshit. The last guy I knew who was selling "pure Molly" sold my friends and brother some shit they didn't even roll off of. That's some fucking bullshit.

ecstasy fears as clubbers die

two clubbers havee died and another is seriously ill in hospital, as police investigate whether they might have taken the dance drug ecstasy. all three men attened events at alexandra palace in north london.
the ead men , aged 20 and 21 , were admitted just after midnight. the first died at 3am while the second died at 7:30am today .
police say anybody who took drug they are concerned about should seek medical attenion at once . from bbc news

Have you got a link? I can't find it on the BBC website.

Two clubbers have died and another is seriously ill in hospital, as police investigate whether they might have taken a rogue batch of ecstasy.

All three men had attended Alexandra Palace in north London, which regularly plays host to dance music events.

The dead men, aged 20 and 21, were admitted to hospital just after midnight and died hours later.

Police said anybody who took drugs at the venue and now felt unwell should seek medical attention at once.

A spokesman said there were indications that all three might have consumed what they believed to be MDMA, the active ingredient of ecstasy.

But he added that it would be impossible to know for sure until toxicology tests had been carried out.

The 20-year-old victim had attended a drum and bass and "dubstep" event on Friday night that continued into Saturday.

The other man who died, and the man, 20, who is in hospital, went to a separate dance event featuring Radio 1 DJ Pete Tong, which continued from Saturday to Sunday.

Det Insp Rita Tierney said: "Although it is too early to say what caused these men's health to deteriorate, we are investigating the possibility that illegal drugs may have been involved.

"If you have taken what you believed to be MDMA, or any other substance during this weekend's events at Alexandra Palace and are now feeling unwell, I would strongly urge you to attend your nearest hospital as soon as possible."

A London Ambulance Service spokesman said: "We were called at 3.40 on Saturday morning and again at six o'clock this morning about patients taken ill at Alexandra Palace.

"In both cases the patients were treated by private medical providers at the venue."

Alexandra Palace could not be contacted for comment.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-15909496

Very sad, hope they release some more information, looks as if they might have taken MDMA powder thought not the pills.

sad to hear this,

I think they took MDMA powder not Pills.

But what could be cut with MDMA in the UK that would can cause death?

sad to hear this,

I think they took MDMA powder not Pills.

But what could be cut with MDMA in the UK that would can cause death?

PMA? Anything can be cut with MDMA I guess before it rocks, we dont know the full details though ti could have been over heating, too much water anything.

This is why I test my shit now. And if I can't get it from a trusted source then I make sure that if I die from taking adulterated stuff that someone knows who I got it from and they will take it to the authorities. Don't sell bad shit