Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

UK - Call for action on 'legal high' drugs

edgarshade

Bluelighter
Nursing Times

24 November, 2011

With reader comments

Government drug advisers have today called for tighter regulation of ‘legal highs’ - recreational drugs sold legally due to loopholes in the law. In a new report the Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs (ACMD) has published details of how drugs such as ‘meow meow’ (mephedrone), which was banned last year, have been openly sold over the internet under the guise of being ‘plant food’ or ‘research chemicals’.

The ACMD says legal highs generally fall into four broad categories:

products with names that give no indication of what they contain
substances that are designed to be similar to specific controlled drugs
substances related to medicines
herbal or fungal materials or their extracts

The report considered a number of different factors relating to NPS, their use and measures to tackle them. Among the specific issues examined were:

legal highs’ place in the UK drug scene
personal harm
societal impact
measures to reduce demand
measures to reduce supply
current and future legislation
ways to future-proof drug laws

More...
http://www.nursingtimes.net/nursing...or-action-on-legal-high-drugs/5038112.article

If I were a nurse reading this I'd be thinking, "Great. Now the only legal option left for people is alcohol. More A&E circus. Nice one!"

The ACMD is not fit for purpose since being filled full of yes-men & women following Professor Nutt's et al resignation(s)…

LOL, I'll never forget that whole David Nutt fiasco because the first headline I saw about it read:

"Nutt, sacked."

:D

I dont live in the UK but this is retarded. Reducing DEMAND? Good luck with that. After banning Mephedrone for example, demand only skyrocketed. People are twitching to get their hands on some good 4MMC, or they'll just get one of the many analogs like MEC. They will learn, if they haven't already, that its like Medusa. You cut off one head, 6 others grow in its place. The only thing this wont work for would be the tryptamines, as they shouldn't be further deviated (I would hate to have to resort to something like 4-ho-5-meo-dmt for example). The only thing that can be done is they can take control of the internet and go completely "big brother" with 100% surveillance. There is no other way to stop the analogs. And even if they're illegal, many sites that sell 2c's for example, will sell 2c-b and t7 if you ask them nicely enough, they just dont list them. The point is, this has become a very lucrative market, and there is no shortage of "legal highs" that will just get more and more dangerous as more and more are banned.

THIS SHOULD BE PROOF THAT PROHIBITION DOESN'T WORK IF HISTORY ISNT GOOD ENOUGH!

And this shit about "future-proofing" legal highs? Wow. Must be delusional.

The only way is to stop this crazy "war". I'm hoping this "war on drugs" is actually starting to seem like a bad idea to the government (not just UK, UK/US is the same shit anyway in my eyes)

LOL, I'll never forget that whole David Nutt fiasco because the first headline I saw about it read:

"Nutt, sacked."

:D

lol.

The only reason nowadays for making every single little thing which may/or will have any effects to health/society, etc, is because the governments know they are failing on alcohol, and nothing can be done about that, but every other substance has to cop it.

lol.

The only reason nowadays for making every single little thing which may/or will have any effects to health/society, etc, is because the governments know they are failing on alcohol, and nothing can be done about that, but every other substance has to cop it.

The only reason they are failing on alcohol is because the alcohol business pays and lobbies them to allow them to hyper-promote alcohol. When I walk into my local mini-Tesco why are two whole isles taken up with alcohol? Is is that much more important than, like, food?

There is a lot the gov could do to make alcohol less omnipresent, like restricting off-licenses to only sell alcohol so that we don't find it in just about every type of shop we visit. Who needs alcohol advertising when it's everywhere anyway?

Just found this interesting article about lobbying...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-16046499

Last edited:
^ Yeah that is exactly right on the alcohol man. Like i'm sure we all know we can get it without all the advertising haha. I must admit to not following UK politics very much, but I know ours is basically the same system as yours (the westminster, etc.). Sorry for getting a bit off track here man, but I just follow politics heaps here in Australia. I won't say which party, but lets just say I am a member of the current opposition party in Australia lol. I had a lot of respect for your previous prime minister too, with some of the stuff that happened with us and the US and you guys.

Do you follow it much and know who you reckon would win the next federal election in the UK? Sorry for going completely off topic lol, just interested. My dad was born in the UK too :)

OK, with my conspiracy theory hat on.... Basically all the political parties in the world are controlled by the Illuminati. That's why it makes no difference which one you vote for. They all end up having exactly the same effect.

Drugs that shut you down are what they want us to take. Drugs that wake you up, in an intellectual and spiritual sense, are what they don't want us to take. The combination of prohibition, alcohol promotion and drug-war-related corruption ensures most the drugs people take are the most physically addictive and harmful and useful drugs like LSD are always minority interest.

^ Lol yeah, in the end, over long term all different political parties bring in legislation which only by accident turns out to be ok one day, even if it's total shit at the time.

That's right on the drug part too

OK, with my conspiracy theory hat on.... Basically all the political parties in the world are controlled by the Illuminati. That's why it makes no difference which one you vote for. They all end up having exactly the same effect.

Drugs that shut you down are what they want us to take. Drugs that wake you up, in an intellectual and spiritual sense, are what they don't want us to take. The combination of prohibition, alcohol promotion and drug-war-related corruption ensures most the drugs people take are the most physically addictive and harmful and useful drugs like LSD are always minority interest.

Not to forget the work that prisoners do for fuck all moneys..

I've got a feeling something big is going to happen soon.. It's either gonna be a revolution or a complete 1984 type set up to society.. You see it unfolding before your very eyes. The paper will make a fuss over something (or the government will make something happen).. get people scared / concerned.. Then the government will introduce something that would seem to be a solution.. people welcome these new invasions of privacy with open arms because of it..

An what the fuck is that "people on benefits should to community service for their money" bullshit. Open your eyes people the government are turning us more and more into brainwashed slaves.. all the while a lot of people still believe we live in a democratic society and are essentially free..

The top of the chain big cooperations will just keep cutting peoples wages because for the alot of employees there is no alternative than to work for the money you are being offered. This will carry on happening until the 99% fight back. And i mean literally fight. Blood will be spilled. Sacrafices will have to be made. But the government aren't listening to protests and picket lines.. If we want the country back we have to take it back by force.

Things have sped up.. it's like they're not even trying to give people the impression that they have a voice, that their opinion counts or their life is worth anything.. Maybe they know it's already too late and there's nothing we can do? How many countries have UK / US invaded in the past few decades now? 7? More?

If there is a demonstration, a protest, a whateverthefuckyouwannacallit around where you live.. I urge you to join them and do all you can. If you see someone being unlawfully arrested; don't be scared to help them. We can't let the government, these 1%, bully us with their pawns anymore. Police offcers and soldiers that side with this dictatorship regime, for whatever reason, are the enemy. Sometimes they're just cunts, but sometimes they're just ignorant..

Last edited:
"Legal Highs" - So alchohol and nicotine then.. oh wait not them the other ones that dont cause nearly as much harm but we want to ban because we are retarded.

Any news yet? I thought the government promised to ban all RC's before 2012. If most research chemicals are going to be placed under a temporary ban what will happen with stuff like, morning glory seeds, salvia? It would be interesting to know.

All quiet so far. I don't recall the gov promising a blanket ban, just the ability to impose an emergency ban if they feel like it.

AFAIK, the law changes just bring them into line with the US where they have "emergency scheduling" and analogue bans.

Unless they are in a really mean mood I guess they will simply ban anything that the media turns turns its attention to as and when it becomes an issue. This is just the impression I get right now. I was also half-expecting them to ban everything all at once but for some reason they haven't.

All quiet so far. I don't recall the gov promising a blanket ban, just the ability to impose an emergency ban if they feel like it.

AFAIK, the law changes just bring them into line with the US where they have "emergency scheduling" and analogue bans.

Unless they are in a really mean mood I guess they will simply ban anything that the media turns turns its attention to as and when it becomes an issue. This is just the impression I get right now. I was also half-expecting them to ban everything all at once but for some reason they haven't.

Maybe the vendors have a few new chemicals sat waiting in their warehouses for when the ban on current RC's occur. I can't imagine this government introducing analogue laws like in the US just yet. The Daily Mail and The Sun will probably write some bullshit article about 6-apb, AMT and MXE, causing them to get banned. Then another chemical will come along. That's what I think anyway.