• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Lorazepam questions?

RiverRat

Bluelighter
I recently acquired some .5mg of (what the bottle says) lorazepam. so i had a question.

what would be a good dose similar to xanax?
also a friend of mine took 8 .5mgs and he was good all night until the next morning,we smoked some weed then he was passing out and throwing up some weird green shit, idk if it was form that or not

Lorazepam is Ativan. Some people swear by it as their "go to" benzo. Personally, I much prefer Valium, Xanax, or Klonopin. For harm reductions sake, I'd start with a lower dose than 8 of them. However(this is just MY experience) I always had to take multiple, multiple mg's to feel much of anything.
The only really good time I had on Ativan was when I was able to procure a bottle of liquid Lorazepam. At higher doses there was that xanax type, "I don't give a fuck" high, combined with some intense hallucinations.
Recommending a dose is dicey. Start with a fairly low dose, say 1-2mg's and see how you feel. If, after a while, you don't feel shit, up it.

Lorazepam was the first benzo I tried. Well rather they injected me at the hospital. At the time I had a psychotic outbreak and they needed me to stop jerking. To tell you the truth once they stuck that needle in my vein I felt normal, kinda dreamy, but normal. The curtains were waving in a beautiful way but otherwise I could comunicate normally. So they released me in hour and a half giving me another pill making it 2 mg. The high is very mild, does not last long (6h) and it cannot do very serious damage to your organs when benzo is strictly taken by itself. Other strong depressants taken in combination with benzo's,however might lead to serious injury.

You should start as low as possible and work your way up slow. In my experience, lorazepam is a little different than xanax in the sense it's a little more 'gentle with the onset' if that makes any sense. It doesn't seem to have the same kick as xanax, but do not underestimate the efficacy of the drug.

My advice would be to start with 1mg and work your way up 0.5 at a time with plenty of time in between. That way you can get used to the effects of the drug; you don't want to get blindsided here. Especially since you've never tried lorazepam and/or if your benzo experience is limited to xanax.

The other advice I have to offer is don't get any ideas from your friends.

You can also see my signature for a conversion chart for benzodiazepines.

Well I just had a doctor's appointment so i m on low Prozac and clonazepam. That long half life kicks ass and it doesn't give me the drowsy feeling like xanax does. Appointments, psychiatrist and medication. I should be alright.

Thanks for help

Ativan/lorazepam is like the hydrocodone of benzos for me: not fun with lots of unpleasant side effects. It causes serious amnesia for me at low to moderate clinical doses (1-2 mg) when it takes 5 times as much of any other benzo (equipotency calculated) to seriously impair my memory. I also experience nausea, a nearly incapacitatingly heavy bodyload, and multiple days of artificially-induced depression. It's a love or hate benzo, and I know people in both camps. Start with .5-1 mg.

In my opinion its the worst benzo i have ever tried it made me feel real wierd, didnt take to it at all.

I like it just fine but pretty much all benzos feel very similar to me and are only different in length of effects... See what 1-2 mgs does before you go higher

Not my fav choice of benzo, mainly just short-term wierd and forgetful anxiolysis. Doesn't fit into the recreational category for me

Id start at 2mgs, Ive been on Ativan and Xanax, if 2mg dont work take 2 more mgs, that will definetely do the trick, good luck with your experiments, but be safe about it and give it 40 minutes between does so you dont get that creaping up shit goin on!

Ativan isnt horrible recreationaly... it isnt one of the best benzos but it certainly isnt bad. I do seem to expirience a tad bit more amnesia than with other benzos, especially in the 3mg+ range

I'd recommend starting with 1 mg Ativan for relaxation and sedation if you have no benzo tolerance, and see how that affects you.