• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids sub question, I ran out!

carrion Doll

Bluelighter
Okay, here is the situation...My DOC is oxycodone. I got myself down to about 45-60 mgs a day. I got an 8mg sub on Saturday, started it at 2pm that day after waiting about twenty hours. I stretched that sub from Saturday afternoon til 11am today (Monday), just snorting small bumps here and there throughout the day. Now I am out and not sure I can find more. I am starting to feel pretty bad. I know I should just suffer through the last bit of withdrawals but I have an 8 month old and a 2year old to take care of.

My main question is, if I cannot find suboxone, is there anything I can do to get relief? I took such a small amount of the sub everyday, am I completely blocked from opiates? Would I be able to get any relief from a methadone or oxy this soon? I know normally I would have to wait 24-36 hours at least to be able to feel an opiate, but I took such a small amount of the sub everyday could it possibly be sooner?

Taking another opiate on top of sub is quite common. You won't get the full effects, but in your case (8mg over a couple days) you will feel it good enough.

For future reference, if you cannot find any opiates but must care for your kids, 20-50mg of loperamide (Immodium) can relieve withdrawal symptoms by as much as 100%. It might take an hour or two , but it is better than nothing.

If you are feeling withdrawals, there should be room for relief aka other opiates. I would just ride it out though, you should be good by Thanksgiving if you don't use anymore.

Just like spaceyourbass said, you certainly won't feel any opiates to their full potential, but I suppose if you're really needing some kind of relief it wouldn't be completely pointless. With my experience, I've found it's not particularly worth it; because my tolerance is to the point where it's just incredibly frustrating to only feel 1/4 of a high that I know should be so much more.