• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos What's the point of benzos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAD5

Bluelighter
I wondered for a long time why people enjoy doing benzos? I've tried xanax many times, and klonopin a few times, too and all it did was make me forget the entire night. I don't seem to be able to remember any "good" feelings or any highness, I just remember like 30 seconds from one point of the night, then i remember 30 seconds of a different part of the night. And EVERY time I do benzos, my friends always tell me the retarded shit I do or say while on them.

What's the point of them? No hate BTW, just curious of what's so great about them in other people's opinions.

For people suffering from anxiety, they offer relief. That's about it. If you're not feeling particularly anxious, then you're not going to appreciate benzos.

I totally agree with OP

I have a little bit of Social anxiety .
Im not actually prescribed benzos though ,but when I took some given to me by a friend all they seemed to do was make me feel drunk without the euphoria or energy surge .
They seemed to make me clumsy and sedated .and they definitley didnt work for my SA even though it is sometimes prescribed for that .
benzos just made me quieter than I already was. Lol

However they are also prescribed to ppl with anxiety, stress and sleep problems and I can definitely see benzos relieving that .

But I also don't see why a puff or 2 off a joint wouldn't work =/
infact it would probably be better as benzos do come with their problems like addiction , tolerance , etc

infact it would probably be better as benzos do come with their problems like addiction , tolerance , etc
Don't forget the fact that benzos make you a mindless robot, that has no memory after taking the benzos lol.

Don't forget the fact that benzos make you a mindless robot, that has no memory after taking the benzos lol.
That's subjective to whom the person is. If you're accompanied to benzo's then this doesn't happen to you. Also, a lot of people who abuse xanax or other benzo's do other drugs along with it. I recall my heavier Alprazolam day's I was doing lots and lots of Oxymorphone + Hydrocodone. Made my nod a hell of a lot stronger.

I think the amnesia associated with benzos is normally connected more with taking a very large dose with no tolerance. Most of the times I use benzodiazepines, I can recall a fair amount of things. What kind of dosages are you taking?

If you have even tried progressively lowering your dosage, and this still happens, then benzos are probably not a good drug for you. If you haven't tried lowering your dose - that's what I'd do.

I usually do xanax like once a month, I usually do 5mgs but I did 8.5mgs once and 10mgs twice.
I have a drug problem, not in the traditional "addicted to heroin" or "crackhead" sense, but in the sense that if I have a lot of any drug, I'll do a lot of it if not all of it.

Xanax is hard for me to feel the effects for a while so I usually just pop whatever I have left. I suppose that may be why I don't remember stuff and don't have a good time.

Ha man, benzos are just that: to be doo be doo'in a good night of sleep ;)

they do different things for other people. I would take em to get rid of my panic symptoms and to actually enjoy some strong weed no anxiety and stuff.

No way, I have had the worst of the worst of my panic attacks when smoking pot.

Benzo's help me relax and sleep. They also help me get through my anxiety issues when I have them.

For partying though, they aren't the best. And OP, were you drinking when you took the xanax? That will have a big impact on you blacking out.

I hate the retrograde amnesia and the enjoyability is much less than alcohol.

However they are much nicer for mitigating social anxiety and other drugs like with speed it tends to make you more relaxed while still able to be focused.

Never would use them solely recreationally because I'd probably not remember the night, would not enjoy it during the night, and would grow dependent on it at those dosages especially if done consistently.

if you are suffering from anxiety then taking a benzo makes you feel awesome. they are so relaxing and just chilling in front of the tv on benzos is great. they also help you sleep.

however they are the worst addiction out there, totally not worth it. so its good fi you dont enjoy them.

The only people that really like benzos are anxious people. Unfortunately these people are the most likely to get hooked on them.

The key to remebering what you do on them is to take a non hypnotic benzo like clonazepam, and in a tiny dose so you can remember everything and it just calms you down a bit without sedating you.

Never start using benzos more than 2-3 times a week if you have social anxiety and really like their effects; you will get hooked. And for the rest of your life you will likely always be thinking "I could do that if only I had a couple more benzos to get over the anxiety".

I have social anxiety and was addicted before, and I think about using benzos all the time. Probably always will.

The other reason to like them is if you have taken too much stims and need to chill. Again, anxiety related.

Benzos by themselves i don't find enjoyable at all.
Sure, it makes me careless, but with certain things i should just exert some care, like, the way i talk to my boss for example.

If i mix my benzos with anything though, it becomes a different storry.
Benzos + Weed = Feel good stimulation with a lot of twist
Benzos + Opiates + Weed = Some of the best nods i have ever had. It takes less opiate to get me nodding as well when mixing the three.
Benzos + Amphetamines = Almost like cocaine, where i have no cares nor worries and a god complex thinking i can solve all the worlds problems without even trying.
Benzos + Alcohol = What did i do that night again? Climbed a lamp post naked and then broke my ankle? REALLY?

To me, benzos are just another ingredient to achieve a desired effect when ingesting drug cocktails. Also, they are really good to end a Dilaudid shooting binge. It gets to the point where i can't muster up enough motor controll to stick a needle in my arm, let alone prep my shot, and then i usually pass the fuck out.

Benzos are great with other painkillers and are the bomb with methadone, but the bad part about benzos is that you never relies how messed up you are, everyone else can tell how messed up you are but you will fight with someone every time and tell them im fine, what you talking about.

I suffer from mild social anxiety. I haven't used benzo's to counter this though. I mainly use them to come down from an evening of using a stimulant drug.
Aside from that I have an irrational fear of dentists (the dentist I had as a kid used to always drill cavities without an anesthesia, and after asking for one I was told they were for girls.), and it's only when I have to visit a dentist when I use diazepam.

To come down from normal evenings out I stick to Etizolam or Oxazepam.

Last edited:
I USED benzos initially for the sedation, muscle relaxant, mood lift, anxiolysis. I then began using them just because days went by better with them than without, and now I take them for that reason, because I am dependent, and because they do help to quell anxiety. They were FUN drugs in the beginning, now they are drugs I simply need.

I have experienced some euphoria from benzodiazepines. I used to use them to break the crash from withdrawal from opioids and/or alcohol.

They can be enjoyable, especially alprazolam. I only rarely use them now, their potential for addiction is surprisingly high.

"Different strokes for different folks." Most people find benzos remove anxiety, loosen muscles, and produce a drunk-like feeling, though some people don't pick up on these effects because they can be subtle.

Answered & Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.