• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Swiss cannabis smokers will be allowed to grow four marijuana plants each in 2012

Odd_nonposter

Bluelighter
Swiss cannabis smokers will be allowed to grow four marijuana plants each (to stop them buying drugs illegally)
Last updated at 2:07 AM on 17th November 2011

Cannabis smokers in Switzerland will soon be allowed to grow up to four marijuana plants each at home to stop them buying drugs on the black market.
In a bizarre twist to the new law, four people sharing a house can grow up to 16 plants - but only if each person tends to their own crop.
The deregulation of Switzerland's already lax cannabis laws has been agreed by four neighbouring regions in the French-speaking part of the Alpine country.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...top-buying-drugs-illegally.html#ixzz1eATio4aO

A Swiss article on the subject

Translated by Google.

Cannabis plants can flourish freely in the lounge or on the balcony of individuals, provided they are four in number, and they are not marketed. This authorization derives from Latin Concordat on culture and commerce of hemp , which was ratified this year by the cantons of Vaud, Neuchâtel, Geneva and Fribourg. The Jura, Valais and Ticino, have yet to decide.

This text, which should come into force on 1 January 2012, aims to harmonize the regulation of culture and commerce of hemp in the different cantons. As noted in today's Le Matin, the heads of the Departments of Justice and Police also hope that this arrangement will play a preventive role.

Must be nice to be able to get a shot of heroin at the clinic, and then go home and smoke some of your own bud. They've got it right.

Wow...another reason to visit switzerland...and maybe stay a while. This is excellent news. Congrats to the Swiss for sensible policy. I hope there are more developments in this policy to follow as well as other places taking the hint that it just makes sense.

Ya know Switzerland is looking better and better everyday...

the land of opportunity!

Sounds like an excellent time to move to Switzerland, especially since now the U.S.A. doesn't even seem to think medical marijuana is the right thing. -__-

Switzerland is where I'm going once I've had it with the U.S.

Switzerland is where I'm going once I've had it with the U.S.

Here here!

With the Netherlands increasing its draconian, right-wing, xenophobic policies, I'm starting to consider other more sensible destinations. I hear Spain, especially in Ibiza, has lax drug laws for even harder drugs, the same with Portugal. Someone should invest in a list and keep it updated for all of our benefit.

Hey Thizz, do you know at least how many languages they speak in Switzerland? :D ;)

I speak fluent French and a bit of German, so I should get by.. I just need to brush up on my Italian.

Like it said people, it's not all of Switzerland, just four cantons out of 26. And the country's not all that nice always, as you can see if you check out the issue of the minaret ban.

Like it said people, it's not all of Switzerland, just four cantons out of 26. And the country's not all that nice always, as you can see if you check out the issue of the minaret ban.

The reason they banned the minaret is because they don't want all these Muslims from the poorer countries surrounding them immigrating to Switzerland because they think it's inviting towards Muslims .
the last thing the Swiss want is a bunch of poor Muslims from turkey or somewhere in their lovely underpopulated country .

The UK and Netherlands did it and they're paying the price now . There's Muslim ghettos everywhere and alot of the original citizens of UK and Netherlands are getting pissed off .

Not sure about the Netherlands but Muslims are treated like a lower or totally different class to everyone else in the UK. They are different though .