• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Suboxone, Oxazepam (Serax) and Adderall

Mor-Fiend

Greenlighter
I am a 25 y/o male. I am prescribed a combination of Suboxone and Serax. My doctor has just informed me he can no longer supply the Serax prescription. One of the doctor's assistants said he would help me look for a Psyche doctor who will prescribe it for for me, I have 1.5 refill amounts of my Serax, 30mg 2x a day. During the discussion with my doctor I inquired as to the possibility of be prescribed Adderall, as I have a very long and documented history of ADHD, and would it interfere with my Suboxone. Being as I will be a student in the next semester at The Ohio Sate University, and I could use the Adderall. the Suboxone and Serax serve the purpose of making me feel normal, and I feel like I can handle my theoretical 20mg two times a day of Adderall. My question basically then is has anything been through anything like this before, and did it work without interacting adversely to the other medications? I really hope someone out there can help, and even if you can't, thanks for reading.

-O.S. Douglas Johnson-

Welcome to BL. Though this is not a topic for the "Advanced" subforums here.

We cannot assess whether or not you should be prescribed the adderall; that is up to your physician. A interaction does exist; the magnitude of which is somewhat limited, and pertains more to efficacy than it does to immediate health/safety concerns.

From the perspective of your physician (presumably a DATA-waived physician given the suboxone treatment), the prescription of a CII such as adderall to a patient undergoing narcotic-replacement therapy (despite a documented history of ADHD Dx's), is a theoretical contraindication of sorts, as CII stimulants are to dispensed with great caution in patients with a history of drug abuse. Let alone; the act of requesting a CII stimulant by name (particularly given your circumstances) would be easily interpreted as drug-seeking behavior. The fact that he is discontinuing the serax may speak to similar concerns.

And in most cases the truth is that if one cannot get through university without a psychostimulant, it is unlikely that the use of a psychostimulant will result in a significantly different outcome.

Moving to the appropriate forum.

Other Drugs, as negrogesic mentioned, we can't give you a diagnosis.