• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Navy’s YouTube Video Warns Against ‘Spice’ Drug

slimvictor

Bluelight Crew
WASHINGTON, Nov. 17, 2011 – A new YouTube video developed by the Navy warns service members about the synthetic marijuana known as spice, and how use of the designer drug can negatively impact their health and military careers.

Every military service bans the use of spice, which is comprised of organic leaves coated with synthetic chemicals. Spice is marketed as a safe way to get high while avoiding detection during drug tests.

Officials emphasized in the video that both spice selling points are false.

“The damage these drugs do to your mind, body and career is permanent,” said Navy Rear Adm. Michael H. Anderson, medical officer to the Marine Corps. “It’s not legal. It’s not healthy. It’s not worth it.”

The Drug Enforcement Administration issued a decision in March making spice illegal nationwide for at least a year. According to the DEA’s website, the agency took the action as an emergency measure in light of the alarming number of reports about spice-type substances it received from poison control centers, hospitals and law enforcement agencies.

cont at
http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=66136

Wow.

Officials emphasized in the video that both spice selling points are false.

They guy at the end of the video even says that some of the chemicals won't show up on the test. Then, 'commanding officers do not need a positive urinalysis to begin administrative separation.' First of all, what the fuck is administrative separation!? A fancy way of saying they'll kick you out? On what basis, smoking leaves that might have added chemicals? Or looking stoned, which obviously looks like the guy at the beginning of the video!

And I thought only 'spice' containing certain drugs was illegal, and most of the JWH's and some others were still unregulated?

Another waste of time... Shit I know a lot of people in the military and one which I get high out of my mind with on actual drugs and not spice. Soldiers are not going to give a fuck, especially when you're saying it can't be detected -_____-

The majority of synethic canniboid blend users (including myself from time to time since I can't smoke Marijuana at the time being) smoke these simply because we can pass drug tests. For me, that is the only real selling point. I don't think its safe or healthier and I strongly prefer Cannabis but I simply can't afford the legal consequences while on probation.

If it can't be detected, that guy is a dumbass for thinking that if he says so, the soldiers will stop. People will figure out a way around shit and this is just another of one of those instances.