• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Promethazine?

Ethan729

Greenlighter
What dose of promethazine is a good/safe one to get high? I took 100mg of it with 100mg of diphenhydramine once ('cause I didn't know they were both sedatives) and got really weird. I started shaking and nearly got sick, I couldn't eat, I didn't know anything, and my mum even told me I looked pale and unwell, but luckily put it down to anxiety or something. Then I slept for hours and hours, and felt messed up for the next 48 hours or so.

Anyway, that was awful and I don't want to repeat it. I think promethazine is stronger than diphenhydramine (but I don't know, I'm just guessing), so would 100mg of it by itself be too much? What about 50mg, what would that do? Would I still be able to function if I took 50mg?

Any answers are helpful, so thank you.

no definitely not, anti-histamines will cause delirium if you take too much. don't try to get high on promethazine, and even if you try, i suspect you will pass-out after the first pill.. 25mgs has me out cold! it's strong stuff man...

Promethazine will not get you high. It will have similar effects to what happened when you mixed it with DPH - that is, feeling ill, delerium, + can cause heart problems.

lol...

only time i take promethazine for recreational purposes is if I'm taking it with vicodin.

Two thanksgivings ago, I had taken around 40mg of vicodin and 75-100mg of promethazine by the time lunch rolled around. I don't remember this, but my parents, my sister, and her in-laws (who I had just met that day) sure do remember waking me up from a seated position on the couch to get me to leave, and I sat my head up, reached my hand into my hoodie pocket, took out a roll, took a bite, put it back in my pocket, and put my head back down lmfao.

My sister's mother-in-law now always asks her if she needs to bring extra rolls for me if she's coming by the house lmfao...

Maybe it's not a "high" as such, but I know it did something to me the last time. Whatever it'll do will be good enough for me, I just want anything that'll mess me up just enough to feel a bit weird, but not enough to be really out of it.

I guess I'll take like 20mg or 30mg and see if that does anything. And then take more if it hasn't kicked in in like an hour or two.

People have told me that DPH doesn't get you high either, but it does. And promethazine is a sedative antihistamine too, so surely it does the same thing, except a bit harder? All I know is that I can't handle 100mg of it with 100mg of DPH, but that doesn't tell me what like 30-50mg of it would do by itself.

Thanks anyway.

It doesn't get you high, it puts you into a delerium :|.

All anti-cholergenic first generation anti histamines will have a delerient effect in high doses.

Not too fun IMO.

please re-examine your OP and then ask yourself why are you still pursuing your objective.

please re-examine your OP and then ask yourself why are you still pursuing your objective.

I don't know what you mean.

My OP basically says "Can I get high off 50mg of promethazine and still be able to function, and not be as messed up as I was on 100mg and 100mg DPH?"
Then everyone said that promethazine just gives you delirium.

Delirium is good enough for me, 'cause it's better than nothing at all. It's not fun as such, but it'll do for me. I guess that'd cover why I'm "still pursuing my objective"... Not that I really get what you mean.

Does that answer your implied question? :p

Hey Ethan729, don't take more than 50mg promethazine. Not worth it. Only used as potentiator (25mg) or as a sleep aid (25/50mg) ;)

There's no implied question.

If you enjoy delirium, then you've answered your own question.

Ethan, Im sorry if I sound so dry but this is pretty much what I was getting at, plus what Lou said. I apologize. It was a bit out of taste to post that.

I just dont want to see you get yourself sick again.

^This. and what loulou said.

Don't take it too personal, but if you don't like being sober (and I don't either), it doesn't mean you should take high doses of drugs like these. Stay below 50mg.

^
Thats the crux of a long debate...does promethazine potentiate opioids or just relieve nausea and add sedation.

To the layman though, taking 25-50mg of promethazine with your methadone will give you a kick-ass nod!.lol

OP, delerium causing doses of anti-cholinergics arent fun because you wont feel high, you will feel like your going insane.
Also,promethazine has anti-psychotic properties (organic chemistry loves irony.lol) at about 10% the potency of chlorpromazine.
This doesnt really matter in the 50mg dose range but in the 100mg plus range, it will turn you into a fucking zombie.lol

If you need an extra kick then mix a low strength opiate/oid with the promethazine or failing that, mix a benzo with the promethazine (but not all three!lmao).

Is promethazine kinda like doxylamine or prothipendyl? I found those both to be relatively similar despite having somewhat deviating structures and indications but they feel really similar. How does promethazine fit in?

A lower dose of an antihistamine will indeed make you drowsy. Some feel that as a high. I do to an extent, just not a very good one. It also feels good if you are wound up or in need of sleep.
They potentiate opiates. They also make the high drowsier and not quite as fun.
Higher doses are a deliriant. All this is also true of Jimson Weed for what that's worth.
Harm reduction would be telling all of the truth. It also would be stressing that Jimson Weed is very hard to dose accurately and has led to many people wandering down the steet naked smoking imaginary cigarettes and talking to imaginary friends.
Remember that an improper dose of these things can fuck your life up for a while.