• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids No euphoria from opiates / opioids

rickolasnice

Bluelighter
Is it possible for some people to get no euphoric affects from opiates whatsoever?

I tried smack once.. made me feel sick and then puke.. nothing else.

Tried codeine a bunch of times.. just makes me fee a bit queazy.

I'm on 1mg buprenorphine right now.. my pupils are like pin pricks and i just puked.. nothing else.

Could this lack of euphoric affects from opiates be caused by MDMA / amphetamine abuse? I read somewhere in ADD that people history of abuse of MDMA and similar serotonergic drugs can cause users to feel little to no euphoria from opiates.. aswell as markedly different affects from a bunch of other drugs (such as cannabis, which i also no longer like)..

Any thoughts?

no i don't think mdma would cause you to not get euphoria from opiates even though it gives you more euphoria than seeing god..
(or the odds of it actually doing that wouldn't be to good) but i was a heavy mdma user before i switched to opiates and liked them a lot more for some reason and got addicted blah blah and i got plenty euphoria.
my friend though has tried my suboxone many times while i was on it and only got sick every time.. so i think opiates might just not be for certain people unfortunately or luckily whichever way you look at it.

I started a thread about something like this. When I was just recovering from abusing mdma and started experimenting with opiates I'd get little or no euphoria from them. I never got sick or threw up from them though, would just get a strong buzz with barely any euphoria. But the thing is, after time went by and I began feeling my self recovering from whatever abusing mdma had done to me, I found opiates became more and more euphoric and enjoyable and I was also able to enjoy weed again.

I'm pretty sure i've done some near permanent damage from MDMA abuse..

I mean.. i severely abused it. 10+ top quality pills, friday and saturday, everyweekend for a couple of years..

I've gone for seriously long times without MDMA (over a year) and just the other week decided to give it another try.. Just under half a gram of good quality MDMA hardly did anything to me except made me feel awkward and spacked out.. no bruxism, no nystagmus, and definitely no euphoria. My girlfriend did the same amount and go royaly fucked.

I'm no expert on opiates, but I do know that feeling sick/queasy is often a side-effect of having a very low tolerance, and obviously nausea can kill the fun and euphoric side of the experience for most drugs.

Maybe you should simply try a lower dose where you can avoid the nausea and see if you're able to relax and enjoy it more :)

^^ He's got a point. If you're used to stimulants, it might take you awhile to really get into opiates- try taking antihistamines to potentiate the nod. They should help a little with the nausea as well

I'm no expert on opiates either (ive only been taking o-mt for a couple of months) but in my limited experience I'd say your own expectations can have a big effect. I mean, the first few times i took o-mt i didnt know exactly what to expect to feel, or how to tune into it, but i was probably expecting too much in hoping to find euphoria, and i didnt feel any atall. But recenltly after toning down my expectations the stuff has grown on me a lot, and it usually lifts my mood a hell of a lot.

Last edited:
For the serotonic issues from stimulant abuse, I suggest you try an SSRI such as Prozac.

Some people just don't get enjoyable effects from Opiates, they are lucky though in a way, there far less likely to get a screeching monkey on their back!

KHH

I found that I had to find my sweet spot with opioids. For example, 25mg of oxycodone is too much and will leave me feeling sick and with NO euphoria, but 15mg gives me some great euphoria and no nausea. I think it may be an issue of finding your sweet spot dose.

For the serotonic issues from stimulant abuse, I suggest you try an SSRI such as Prozac.

Some people just don't get enjoyable effects from Opiates, they are lucky though in a way, there far less likely to get a screeching monkey on their back!

KHH

You mean a DEMON.

This thread hits close to home. I've never gotten euphoria from opiates, just a buzz. One thing I've noticed as well is that I get extremely itchy. Are some of us just resistant to the euphoria?

Excuse me, I need to take my ecstasy so I can feel my heroin :D

But seriously it sounds like you are just doing too much so that the negative effects mask the euphoria.

I do believe there is some legitimacy behind the reasoning that your abuse of MDMA has resulted in decreased euphoria from opiates. While I was on SSRI's (I know, not MDMA but still effects serotonin), I only felt the usual side effects from opiates, such as sedation, itchiness, and a small body buzz. Even now, almost 2 years after stopping SSRI's, I still do not feel the orgasmic euphoria I use to receive from opiates, and MDMA does not seem to work for me still, even though I took my first roll in 8 months 2 weeks ago and did feel like I was kinda rolling, so maybe time is just the key. Serotonin takes forever to upregulate its axons.

NO NO NO !

DO NOT take antidepressants. they turn people into zombies and are TERRIBLE for your physical and mental well being.

It could be that you just dont notice the euphoria. Opiate euphoria is much different than MDMA or stimulant euphoria. It dosent just hit you like a fright train such as with MDMA. You have to be chillin and almost thinking about the euphoria. lay in bed with your eyes closed and listen to some chill music is the best way for me personally. Smoking a bowl or two of weed also GREATLY increases my ability to feel the opiate euphoria as well.

but if all else fails and you still get no euphoria just consider yourself lucky. If you couldnt control your MDMA/Amphetamine use you would definitely be a junky within a year or two.

I recommend you speak to a doctor about trying to get on an antidepressant therapy. SSRIs have worked wonders for many of my friends experiencing similar symptoms as you from long term mdma abuse. until then don't expect your brain to be open in ready to dump serotonin whenever you ask it to. the molecular structure of many anti depressants are actually similar to mdma. speak to a doctor.

I think that most often this problem is due to expectations about what opiate-induced "euphoria" is, but there is also a difference in how opiates effect different people depending on your brain chemistry. Mental health issues or previous drug use could definitely affect that.

I don't know, I wouldn't even call opiates that "euphoric", it is such a subtle natural feeling. It's more like just feeling content, happy, warm and sleepy. The first time I used heroin I thought it wasn't working because I had assumed the effects would be much more noticeable, since it has a reputation for being such a "hard drug" - opiates really aren't like other drugs. The other thing is that a lot of people say they didn't "get high" their first time, they just had nausea/vomiting. If you take too much can also ruin the high as if you are feeling sick it's hard to notice/appreciate the mental effects. Opiates tend to be a learned appreciation (although some learn it faster than others) and I would personally advise staying far away from them because once you start really appreciating that feeling you don't want to go back and can get hopelessly addicted very easily. You are actually lucky if you don't enjoy opiates because it will make it much easier for you to stay away from them.

KHH

+99

~token

George Carlin:
"Just because you get the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town."

Thats right, some people r not as lucky as others. I know so many people that hated old opanas cause they get sick, well the morans were just taking 100-1000% too much....

Also, I have found after I take my DOC (which produces super intense euphoria for me) that roxis, oc.. any other opiate really let me down for the next week or two. Everything is relative to what you know, and sir, you must know better.

-Sunshine.

it sounds too me like the OP is taking a dose too high for them self which for me anyways makes me sick which mostly negates the high