• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos First time taking Trazadone ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesmartin

Bluelighter
Hey guys . So i just picked up some "Trazadone" off a buddy .

Its a 100mg white pill . On one side it says Novo and the other side it says 100 which i believe means 100mg .

Anyways was just wondering what a good dose would be for a first time user?

I dont want to get high off my ass but i wanna get a feeling so i know what it feels like and decide if i wanna do more.

It's useful for sleep and stimulant comedowns only. 100 mg should knock a first-timer on their ass, in a completely non-recreational way. I used to take 50 mg/night and it was plenty to put me to sleep.

oh .

i thought it would get you high in the same way xanax does.

nvm i guess.
i dont really want to take unknown pills .
i cant seem to find anything on them . no info from any reliable sources.

Trazodone is a sedative antipsychotic, it's not "fun" but it'll knock you out.

Don't trash them, they're still useful. I'm a light sleeper and my trazodone script allowed me to sleep in dorms without waking up throughout college ;) It was the first sleep aid my doc tried me on, and the most effective besides ungodly amounts of benzos. I don't think it's 'unknown' either as Novo 100 appears to indeed be generic 100 mg trazodone: "Each round, white, coated tablet, marked with "100" above the tablet scoreline on one side and "Novo" on the other, contains trazodone 100 mg." Eat only half if you use it for sleep... 50 mg was always adequate for me. More could result in grogginess upon waking.

I got up to 600mg per night several years ago. It used to knock me out, now it just makes me vomit and makes my heart race. I tossed a bunch of 150mg tablets down the toilet lol.

Im not trashing them ^ im on an anti psychotic for sleep and its a godsend, works better than clonazepam for me. But trazodone is not something to take for fun...

Im not trashing them ^ im on an anti psychotic for sleep and its a godsend, works better than clonazepam for me. But trazodone is not something to take for fun...

Yeah I know you weren't trashing them in the dissing sense, but you did say "throw that shit away," which is what I was responding to ;) It's a great utility to keep around the medicine cabinet.

I really dislike trazadone. I had it prescribed for sleeping/anxiety, but got off of it pretty quick. Made me have a 'pins and needles' feeling all the time, my limbs would fall asleep very easily throughout the night (mostly) and day. It made me dizzy, and not in a good way. Not relaxing like xanax (which is what you were hoping for, unfortunately).

I think you're right about not bothering. I'm not sure why it is you are not finding any information on it/themnthrough searches(?).

I used to take these and amitriptyline to knock my ass out...

For some reason, for a while there, it would take 100mg of the amiltriptyline and 200mg of the trazadone...

definitely no recreational value there man, but you've already been told this lol...

I got up to 600mg per night several years ago. It used to knock me out, now it just makes me vomit and makes my heart race. I tossed a bunch of 150mg tablets down the toilet lol.

I had got some of the 150mg pills for the hell of it once to help me sleep. I was only taking 300mg. I stopped taking them when I had like 5 left, to keep in case I HAD to sleep. The next morning after not taking them that night, when I woke up I felt like shit. So I took 1 pill to see if my body just thought it needed it, in less that 10 mins. I started throwing up none stop. But after I puked I was fine. I threw the rest of the pills out. I figured I'd feel like shit no matter if I took them or not. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.