• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Darvocet for w/d, then Suboxone (urgent, plz read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTwighlight

Bluelighter
Ok, I've been taking hydrocodone and tramadol for pain from an injury. Haven't taken tramadol in ~5 days, and took the last hydrocodone around 11:45pm last night.

I ran out so I am planning on getting a few Suboxone today to ward off w/d until I get my prescriptions filled again next Monday.

Thought I would make it but the w/d was not good. I took 200mg propoxyphene at 1:30pm today. I am aware of the 6-12 hour half-life of propoxyphene and the ~36 hour half-life of norpropoxyphene. If I take 1-2mg buprenorphine in 6-8 hours will I be thrown into precipitated w/d? Or am I safe by then? I know this Darvocet isn't going to cut it and I'll still be feeling shitty...but I don't want to get sick in an attempt to get better.

So what's up? Anyone have similar experience? Will the fact that I have norpropoxyphene in my system make a difference? Fuuuuuck...

Theres a good chance the bupe is gonna be rough. What exactly are you w/d from? The hydrocodone or darvocet or tramadol? The tramadol w/d should be over by now. You got a lot of shit in your system though so trying to fit bupe in is gonna be tough.

I'm not going to take anything else. The w/d is from the hydrocodone for the most part, b/c like you said, the tram w/d has for the most passed other than the SNRI w/d effects. I don't ever take Darvocet, I only took it to ward off some of the w/d symptoms until I get the Subs in 5-6 hours. I will not be taking anything else with the Subs. But I want to know if, even with a tolerance, if the fact that I still will have propoxyphene/norpropoxyphene in my system will matter, even though the primary effects will have worn off by the time I decide to take Suboxone.

Should be ok, I used to do heroin and take subs 24 hrs later and be fine, sometimes 18 hours. That was me though, how long has it been since you last did anything? I am sorry if you already stated this, I must have missed it.

I took 200mg propoxyphene an hour and a half ago. Won't be getting the Subs til after the therapeutic effects of the Darvocet wear off, but of course it will still be in my system, fading out. Sooooo, that's where I'm stuck at the moment.

I recall when I was a young buck I had taken 130mg Hydrocodone, as did my best friend, we were nodding out for about 2 hours I'd say, the effects wore off, we still wanted to nod, so we each insufflated 2mg Suboxone apiece and sent us back into a nod. Took Lorcets the next day, was all good. But, into my heavier phase of addiction, I was on methadone, ran out, fearing W/D I did Suboxone the next day, maybe 1mg, and was sick as a dog.

More houstoners...

You should be cool as you are not taking anything with long phases of activity.

For future reference to anyone.

I took 4mg Sub so far 8 hours after the last 2 Darvocet I took. No precipitated w/d. Feeling much better.

OK. Darvocet is a garbage opioid so I'm closing this. ta

Status
Not open for further replies.