• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] Smoking Mushrooms

Smoking mushrooms destroys the psilocybin, but a few people have claimed to get a very mild buzz from doing so. Really sounds like a waste of good fungus to me.
Generally, when I consume any plant matter (ie shrooms, morning glory seeds) I grind it and cap it. Never noticed any real differences, as long as you dont heat them up or anything like that it shouldn't change the high at all.
Pure

Last edited by a moderator:
Smoking mushrooms is a terrible waste like has already been mentioned, please don't waste your lovely fungus by smoking them, weed is much better for that purpose
wink.gif

Consuming mushrooms in powdered form or in a 'whole' is really no different. Most people who grind them into powder do so because they hate the taste
smile.gif

I personally prefer to chew them really well in my mouth before I swallow, and I usually eat about half the dose I plan on taking and wait about 30-45 minutes to finish the other half....

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a very bad experience smoking mushrooms
I was on 3 grams of dried mushrooms which were consumed about 3 hours prior to smoking two joints and a pot/shroom joint
Stood up 10 minutes later after smoking, collapsed, came to about a minute later, then had the worst trip imaginable and checked myself into the hospital
I have tripped (mostly good but some bad) many times before this but nothing compared to whatever the hell happened
That was four months ago, and I haven't used a psychedelic since because of the experience.
I don't know what caused it but I was fine untill I smoked the mushroom joint
------------------

Has anyone tried this? How does it compare to eating them? Has anyone tried it wit Amanita Muscaria? Is there still a strong feeling of nausea? Thanks

its my understanding that psilocybin and psilocin molecules break down when heated, thus making it a waste to try and smoke shrooms. just eat the damn things.

it works and ive done it with PCs and i did get high. not for as long and not as strong, but less material is needed to get a buzz. tastes like diareeah. mix with weed. if U only have a small amount put it on some weed it will go down not bad, u get MANY MANY hoots off of one dried cap.
also check erowid for trip reports

Please don't waste your mushrooms, heat destroys psilocybin :(
Its possible that any effects people get are from something else in the shrooms.
From what I've heard, people who try smoking shrooms get a short trip/buzz or whatever they call it.
Countless 'experts' on magic mushrooms suggest not to bother since its a waste. I have to agree from what most people tell me.

Hi,
I thought id interject with my experience with mushys. Last year a friend and i got a few ounces of some nice cubes. The first time i took 3 grams orally and it was great. Days later, a week even i decided to try and smoke some of the shroomz, i tried just putting a cap in the bowl and chiefing it, nothing.... Then i ground up a mushroom into chunks and smoked that. by now the taste was becomming a bit nasty, i mixed it with weed and WHAMMO!!! i got high.
In closing, the shroomz cause nothing at all. thats cubes though i have no experience with amantia muscaras.

psilocybin denatures at 207 degrees farenheight.
ebola
np: kmfdm

I also tried it with some friends once. Mixed a small amount of dried and crushed shrooms with some herb and smoked away. It Tasted like shit and did nothing, other than give me a thc high.
How ever I hear smoking the skin from Amanitas can be psychadelic.
[ 24 February 2002: Message edited by: word-wide-sticky ]

Its also not recommended health wise. Because you can get an infection in your lungs from inhaling spores. Many people have had serious problems.
Eating them is a whole lot better, and besides why would go out of your way rather than just throwing them in your mouth?

The time I smoked amanita muscaria with mary j, the high was like a freight train... a very HEAVY body load.

Originally posted by Drunken Biatch:
[QB]Its also not recommended health wise. Because you can get an infection in your lungs from inhaling spores. Many people have had serious problems.QB]
Rooiiight. Not recommended by who. Do you know anyone who suffered one of these alleged lung infections.
In my experience, smoking mushrooms doesn't do a damn thing, except taste like shit. If you smoke them with weed you will probably THINK you "feel something".

i had shitload of liberty caps, so i ate a handful, smoked a bowl of em thru a small chamber pipe with a shotgun, then ate the rest.. smoking them seemed to make em kick in faster. but it coulda just been me.

i've smoked shrooms dried in a bong. twas luurvely. going to wales again this year to pick some of our finest. then going to the dam in summer to try some mexican ones.
has any1 tried those green mexican shrooms?
if so, wot r they like?
still comfy? or a bit spikey??

Anyone who claims this works is full of shit because:
1. Heats destroys pscilocybin, at least to some degree.
2. To get a decent shroom trip, you have to consume 2 grams. I find it hard to believe anyone could smoke 2 full grams of mushrooms. That' A TON to smoke.