• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Noob question about Vicodin.. the magic is gone?

MusicGuy

Bluelighter
Let me start out by saying I'm not a heavy opiate user and I don't find them addictive.

A while back I started using Vicodin... a lot. My first 10-20 highs? Like no others, warm, euphoric, music was great, everything looked great, things were perfect. This is 5mg-10mg... I'm always doing things to keep my tolerance low to whatever drug I'm using. It got to the point were I'd have to take 15mg to even feel anything. I'm back down to were I can "feel" 10mg. Going even 5mg over my tolerance results in me being violently ill for several hours. What high I do have comes up and goes down in 45 minutes vs back when it'd last 3+ hours... the magic is completely gone.

Does this mean the magic is gone for ALL opiates...? I'd pick up some Oxy if I knew it wouldn't be a waste of my money and I'd actually enjoy it.

I understand people do 50.. even 100mg of Vicodin. But my chemistry is different, we're all different, this is just how my body works... so don't go telling me this is to low of a dose or anything like that.

Does this mean the magic is gone for ALL opiates...?
I doubt it means the magic is even gone with the hydrocodone, even if it feels like it. Take a break from opiates, or switch to a different one if you want the magic back.

Tolerance, that's the name of the game. It happens with low doses too. Even if you "don't find opiates addictive", tolerance will still develop. That's just how it works.

Let me start out by saying I'm not a heavy opiate user and I don't find them addictive.

A while back I started using Vicodin... a lot. My first 10-20 highs? Like no others, warm, euphoric, music was great, everything looked great, things were perfect. This is 5mg-10mg... I'm always doing things to keep my tolerance low to whatever drug I'm using. It got to the point were I'd have to take 15mg to even feel anything. I'm back down to were I can "feel" 10mg. Going even 5mg over my tolerance results in me being violently ill for several hours. What high I do have comes up and goes down in 45 minutes vs back when it'd last 3+ hours... the magic is completely gone.

Does this mean the magic is gone for ALL opiates...? I'd pick up some Oxy if I knew it wouldn't be a waste of my money and I'd actually enjoy it.

I understand people do 50.. even 100mg of Vicodin. But my chemistry is different, we're all different, this is just how my body works... so don't go telling me this is to low of a dose or anything like that.

Who do you think you are? God? It already sounds as if your addicted by how you explained it.

Maybe get off the opiates while you still can then since your not even getting anything from them.

Had Hydrocodone for the first time in over 8 months 2 weeks ago. Felt slightly warm for about an hour and then nothing.

Use more then,

By now it should be pretty obviouse what you have to do, that is if your looking to catch one.

I really hate to break it to you man, but you're body has developed a tolerance, and you are trying to deny the fact your addicted to opiates. Give it a month, try it again, see how it works then.

I really hate to break it to you man, but you're body has developed a tolerance, and you are trying to deny the fact your addicted to opiates. Give it a month, try it again, see how it works then.

Exactly,
Thank you for clearing that up for me!

Exactly,
Thank you for clearing that up for me!

Did you not catch the fact that I've never been addicted.. was sober for a long period of time, tried it, and little to nothing happened. And taking anymore now makes me violently ill....?

At the beginning, those several times taking them were beautiful for me as well............Amazing high & what not but it does go away because your body gets use to the drug (tolerance). I saw a difference when I did a CWE with vicodin & almost felt like those very few times again & this was after 1.5 years of taking Norcos for back pain. Try a CWE & see where it takes you.

At the beginning, those several times taking them were beautiful for me as well............Amazing high & what not but it does go away because your body gets use to the drug (tolerance). I saw a difference when I did a CWE with vicodin & almost felt like those very few times again & this was after 1.5 years of taking Norcos for back pain. Try a CWE & see where it takes you.

I can't possibly imagine why a CWE would make it work but I guess it's worth a try.

The Vicodin magic show is a brief act. Truth is you'll never get the exact same effects as those first times no matter what. But if you want to get close to that, you'll have to increase your dose, or graduate to a more potent opioid such as oxycodone.

Up your dose or quit for a while. It always takes me like 15-20mg to feel ANYTHING. I wish that little would work.

i can take 20mg of loracet and feel it, but if i really want a euphoria i up the dose to say 60mg. The fact is your an addict and need to up your dose.

More or less yes. There is a "honeymoon period" with opiates just like there is with amphetamines. You're past that period. That's just the way things work.

The Vicodin magic show is a brief act. Truth is you'll never get the exact same effects as those first times no matter what. But if you want to get close to that, you'll have to increase your dose, or graduate to a more potent opioid such as oxycodone.
Brief act indeed. I'd give anything to be able to go back and nip my drug use in the bud before it progressed beyond hydrocodone.

it doesn't really matter if you've never been physically addicted to them, the mental addiction is there. I gotta agree that it sounds like you are mentally hooked on opiates. Trust me it happens to almost all opiate users at some point.

You just have to assess whether or not you REALLY can control yourself. and that's where so many people, SO many sad, sad people go wrong. tread carefully MusicGuy..

it doesn't really matter if you've never been physically addicted to them, the mental addiction is there. I gotta agree that it sounds like you are mentally hooked on opiates. Trust me it happens to almost all opiate users at some point.

You just have to assess whether or not you REALLY can control yourself. and that's where so many people, SO many sad, sad people go wrong. tread carefully MusicGuy..

I cannot stress enough that I do not find them addictive and I have had one dose in the past month! I'm simply finding a way to get the enjoyable effects bad! I'm one of the most controlled drug users you will ever meet. Again... I would up the dose but it makes me violently throw up! Opiates are NOT my choice of drug. Stimulants are, I remember going weeks of daily taking hydrocodone and being able to stop instantly without having any problems or cravings. I don't find many people have the kind of control and will power that I do.

I take it I need to give oxycodone a try and that I will. I do not find opiates to be a drug I enjoy taking regularly, being high on them non-stop does not appel to me in anyway, shape, or form.

I have 100% control over my drug use. My issue here is that I want the "magic" of it back. I am not "hooked" on opiates, simply trying to find a way to get the old high back. I'm not craving it in anyway, I'm not trying to find it to take it regularly, just find that old high again. Like a pot smoker who comes back from months of not smoking any and finds himself unable to achieve those first few highs again.