Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Missouri ballot measures proposed to legalize marijuana

Dsargkf

Bluelighter
Missouri ballot measures proposed to legalize marijuana
Associate Press
Tuesday, Nov. 08, 2011

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. -- Advocates can begin collecting signatures for two proposed Missouri ballot measures that would legalize marijuana.

The secretary of state's office said Monday the initiative petitions have been approved for circulation to get them on the 2012 ballot.

One proposal would amend the Missouri Constitution to legalize cannabis for people 21 and older, allow doctors to recommend use of medicinal marijuana and release prison inmates convicted of nonviolent offenses related to cannabis. It would also allow the Legislature to enact a marijuana tax of up to $100 per pound.

The second proposal is similar but would enact a state law instead of amending the Missouri Constitution.

Source: http://www.bnd.com/2011/11/08/1932920/mo-ballot-measures-proposed-to.html

Note: Short article, entire thing is in the post

Missouri isn't too far from me...may be considering a move soon if this goes through. ;)

Really though, it does seem like the general attitude toward cannabis is improving across the nation.

^There seems to be more of a positive movement in the United States than in Canada in recent years; Once we get rid of Harper, things should get better.

Woo!
For once I can say I'm proud to be from Missourah
(not actually the first time... but this is good news!)

"wooo"! oh yeah it'll NEVER NEVER NEVER HAPPEN, unless society collapses or something... but i bet even if that happened you would still be dealing with the brain washed nut cases that think marijuana is EVIL or some stupid shit. they would be like "HEY STOP GROWING THAT PLANT!" you: "Dude shut the fuck up, society has collapsed and everyone is dead, get the fuck outta here!" brain-washed nutcase " AHHH!!!! bang bang bang." (he shoots you in the face for growing a pot plant) lol :D

That's one way yo look at it; I propose another -
Would you rather we be complacent and accept that marijuana is illegal and have no states step forward and voice opinions that they'd like to change it?
Or would you rather hear that more and more states are voicing opinions that its time to change our laws regarding marijuana?

I'd personally prefer the second even if they are continuously denied; at least it shows forward progress. Its important to the general populace see and hear that many people are beginning to rethink and question marijuana legislation.

I'd much rather hear 'Missouri tried and failed to legalize marijuana' then Missouri continues to arrest and prosecute to the fullest potential non violent marijuana crimes...

Good for them, I doubt it will pass, but I bet it will surprise many people how large of a percentage of people vote for it.