• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos plugging benzos and others...e.g. tramadol and soma

sleepy

Bluelighter
i know this topic has been discussed ad-nauseam - but i'm quite certain that my specific question hasn't been answered......bear w/me:

according to http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/266339-Bioavailability-Half-life-MEGA-Thread

the ORAL bioavailability of most benzos is close to 100....i find this hard to believe, though respect those who did the research.... ?

also, regarding tramadol, and soma, according to the above link, the difference between ORAL and ANAL bioavailability is minimal ..... so why bother plugging? i would think of two reasons: 1)avoid full stomach issues (slowing, decrease subjective strength, etc... but it seems that the time required to prepare/admin rectally would wipe out any speed of onset, assume using on empty stomach.

so my question: why are so many posters advising, and raving about the advantages of plugging these meds??????

as an after thought, i would think that amphetamines would be the only med. that plugging would make clear, indisputable sense.

i would appreciate anyone thoughts/ideas/info on this

thank you!
g

1) I don't know many people at all who plug benzos - as your'e right, the oral BA is so incredibly high (as you said, damn near 100% for majority). I definitely don't know anyone who plugs soma or tramadol, but surely they're out there.

2) It really doesn't take much time to plug something. I crush and snort my opiates (only using as an example for time taken to use a substance) and the time it take sto do this can be 'too many'. But, I still utilize this method for reasons that make it worth it: equicker onsent, a love for the method itself, and various other reasons. People plug because it's effective, some people have a thing for the method itself, and for some meds there is a rush to plugging that doesn't come with taking (it) orally.

3) I'm mostly just curious as to why you say amphetamines are the only substance [type] that you see as fit, for plugging (?). I can think of others that certainly are well justified - used rectally (opiates such as hydromorphone, for example). * The minimal difference between oral and rectal administration can = easy decision for many many people.

You say hydromorphone for a good substance to plug...in your opinion or by fact, is there better BA by plugging hydromorphone than there is to snorting it?

To the OP: from what I've heard and read mdma is great for plugging, but I suppose that could be in the amp category for substances :)

Hey, thanks for that thread woamotive! Every once in a while I find myself with a few of those and I keep finding that they are so weak, yet from what I had heard they were quite potent! I didn't even know they had a megathread and I believe I've done a search for the substance too. :)

you're absolutely right - i didn't include opiates or designer's (eg. mdma) because they're not in my monekey's life right now......that's all

1) I don't know many people at all who plug benzos - as your'e right, the oral BA is so incredibly high (as you said, damn near 100% for majority). I definitely don't know anyone who plugs soma or tramadol, but surely they're out there.

2) It really doesn't take much time to plug something. I crush and snort my opiates (only using as an example for time taken to use a substance) and the time it take sto do this can be 'too many'. But, I still utilize this method for reasons that make it worth it: equicker onsent, a love for the method itself, and various other reasons. People plug because it's effective, some people have a thing for the method itself, and for some meds there is a rush to plugging that doesn't come with taking (it) orally.

3) I'm mostly just curious as to why you say amphetamines are the only substance [type] that you see as fit, for plugging (?). I can think of others that certainly are well justified - used rectally (opiates such as hydromorphone, for example). * The minimal difference between oral and rectal administration can = easy decision for many many people.

w/o doing any resent research i would assume that hydromorphone would be an ideal med to plug as it's oral bio is something stupid. i don't remember the numbers, but when my monkey IV'd hydromorphone she vaguely remember's reading that oral bio was something absurd, like in the 70's, if that.....re: nasal, i don't know - my monkey was always irritated by the experience.....

You say hydromorphone for a good substance to plug...in your opinion or by fact, is there better BA by plugging hydromorphone than there is to snorting it?

To the OP: from what I've heard and read mdma is great for plugging, but I suppose that could be in the amp category for substances :)

lol!! i have a very clever, stubborn, and sometimes stupid monkey......;)

(it's hard, probably because i have brain damage, to keep all of the self incriminating rules for all of the different forums straight.....)